Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is the NFL Schedule Determined?

LightenupSandyBaby

I understand that every team plays every team in their Division twice. ( 1 Home- 1 Away) I also believe that the entire division plays against another entire division from the opposite Conference. What I don't understand is ...How does the NFL Determine Difficulty of a Team's Schedule for the remaining games. Is it Determined soley on Division and Conference Record from the prior year? Or does the NFL put in consideration the Number of FREE AGENTS Leaving a Team. For Example: Most Super Bowl Winners usually have the Highest FREE AGENT Turnover after a SB Win. Due to Players trying to get their Pay Day after they get their Super Bowl Ring. Can someone Knowledgeable about this method HELP ME OUT.

1. 6 in division games.

2. 4 games against a division in the AFC (same for all teams in your division)

3. 4 games a against a division in the NFC (same for all teams in your division)

4. 2 games against a team that finished the same in the standings in their respective division. (this is the only place where strength of schedule matters).

1. 6 in division games.

2. 4 games against a division in the AFC (same for all teams in your division)

3. 4 games a against a division in the NFC (same for all teams in your division)

4. 2 games against a team that finished the same in the standings in their respective division. (this is the only place where strength of schedule matters).

Couldn't of said it better myself. :cheers:

then how do the patriots have the weakest schedule.....shouldn't Miami? They play 14 of the same teams.....and should play two weaker teams than the Patriots which should = weaker schedule.

because they play a team that was 1-15 twice while the fins play a team that was 16-0 twice. The percentages differ right there

I do to. Remember when Green Bay hadn't played in Washington since like 1979? I like the balanced schedule where you play a team at home every other visit. BTW, Tampa Bay comes to the Fed in 2009. They last played here in 2003 in the regular rotation. We played at TB in 2006 and every year where we finished the same in the standings.

The teams you play against are automatically chosen by the rules as already stated. As for the rest, they just make stuff up and sometimes do some questionable things to certain teams. For example, I think the Saints struggled last season because they opened with three straight road games including the opener agains the champion Colts. Hopefully, the same will not be said about us having four of the last six games on the road when all is said and done. In the past, we have won some big games in December and I expect that to continue under the new regime.

Archived