Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pat Kirwan's View of Offensive Line

PlayAction

The one intriguing guy that COULD creep into the first round is Sam Baker. Although he played LT at USC, he supposedly has short arms and is projected as a guy who could play Guard for a LONG time in the NFL.

I'm with you on Sam Baker, he sounds like just what we need. It would be great to have a young player we could put anywhere on the line in a pinch. Now lets not post or speak his name again until after the draft, we don't need this guy flying up the mock drafts next. :D

I agree on Cherilus - he seems like a real sleeper pick to me. I'd love to see him picked and used as a G, with the option of moving him to RT if needed.

Another guy who could possibly be turned into a Guard is Gosder Cherilus. While he is really projected as a RT, he's a kid with a great attitude who wants to be a great player and is supposedly VERY coachable. It might be a bit of a reach to try and throw him in as a Guard but he's supposedly a bit of a mauler and would be an asset in the running game. His experience as a Tackle would likely help his pass blocking as well.

is it just me or did the media seem to play a huge role in Albert's stock rising...he was predicted to go at the end of the 1st. Then I saw a few articles on ESPN/NFL that mentioned the importance of O-Line and now all of a sudden he is ranked as a top ten prospect...does anyone agree with me here??

No, his stock with scouts has probably been about the same throughout. When a players stock rises through the media it's usually because the media realizes teams have the guy rated higher then they orginally thought.

I agree on Cherilus - he seems like a real sleeper pick to me. I'd love to see him picked and used as a G, with the option of moving him to RT if needed.

I was originally AGAINST drafting him because we already have Heyer backing up Jansen at RT but after reading more and more about Cherilus and his desire to succeed at the next level, the more intrigued I was about the prospect of moving him to Guard. He's a much better RT than LT and I don't know how that would translate into which Guard spot he might fit at but if he is, indeed, eager to learn and willing to do what it takes to be great then it's a pick that could work out very well.

I'm with you on Sam Baker, he sounds like just what we need. It would be great to have a young player we could put anywhere on the line in a pinch. Now lets not post or speak his name again until after the draft, we don't need this guy flying up the mock drafts next. :D

AMEN! :shhh: It's bad enough we helped send Albert into the top 15. There are a lot of teams that need quality O-Linemen this year so I guess I'd better :shutup:

Archived