Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mock Draft (with trades)

poultry_geist66

Why would Seattle trade up for a RB when they signed like 20 of them during free agency?
was wondering that too, they have Jones - 26, Duckett - 27, Morris - 28, Alexander - 30, and two FB in Weaver and Kirtman that are both only 25

maybe they might want to groom one for a year or two under Jones and Duckett, Seattles biggest need is a TE IMO.

I would be happy with those trade situations though

Personally...I'd love to see Limas Sweed on our roster. But, I may stand alone on that thought.

Nah, you aren't alone. But we are few and far between. The dominant paradigm right now on ES is that no WRs are worth a 1st round pick this year (or in the case of some people's opinions, ANY year). Mostly because they listen to guys like Kiper. The current ES mancrushes are Branden Albert and Jordy Nelson. Since the Albert Hype Machine is at full throttle, he probably won't be there at 21. Many people want us to reach in the 2nd round for Nelson...which is probably a pretty decent size reach, but go banannas when you suggest Sweed at 21 who might be, at the most, a mild reach considering that the Eagles, Cowgirls, Titans, and 49ers all need big talented WRs.

All I can say is I would be very disappointed if we picked up Balmer. What a waste of a first round pick. Yes, he's a DT, and we need a DT, but we don't need him. I'm going to do some predicting of my own. In an exact mirror of his college career, he'll be another lazy DT who won't produce until it is a contract year. He'll be good for 1.5 sacks a year cause, well, if he couldn't get to the quarterback in college do we really expect him to get to the quarterback in the pros? He'll fill space, but, let's be honest, we could get any 300 pound man to fill space.

Archived