Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pft: Coughlin’s Son-in-law To Skip Workouts?

DWinzit

COUGHLIN’S SON-IN-LAW TO SKIP WORKOUTS?

Posted by Mike Florio on March 30, 2008, 5:13 p.m.

As the Super Bowl Champion New York Football Giants Who Play Football And Also Are Giants prepare to commence their offseason workout program, there are very strong indications that guard Chris Snee will skip the “voluntary” sessions.

Per a league source, Snee has been putting out the word that he won’t be present. He’s entering the final year of his rookie contract, and he wants a new deal.

The twist here is that Snee is the son-in-law of Giants coach Tom Coughlin, and if Snee stays away it will at a minimum make for a delicate situation for player and coach (and for coach’s daughter/player’s wife).

Recently, Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger suggested that Snee will attend, because Snee was working out at the team’s facility last week.

Another twist on this one is that Snee is represented by Tony Agnone, who also represents defensive end Michael Strahan and defensive end Osi Umenyiora. Earlier today, Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reported on rumors that Umenyiora will hold out of training camp unless he gets a new contract, even though his current deal covers five more seasons.

Last year, when Strahan boycotted the non-mandatory offseason practices, Coughlin bristled, saying that he was “only going to talk about the guys that are here.” It’ll be interesting to see whether Coughlin takes a similar approach in 2008, if one of the guys who isn’t there is also one of the members of his immediate family.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

I don't see the big deal, I am pretty sure Coughlin knows this is a standard business move for young football players who deserve more money.
Snee and Osi are important cogs in their team. Friction amongst NFCE foes is always welcomed. It's just an added bonus having any type of family feud/friction incorporated.

SNEE DIDN’T SHOW

Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2008, 8:58 p.m.

A league source tells us that New York Giants guard Chris Snee, the son-in-law of coach Tom Coughlin, was not present for “voluntary” offseason workouts that opened on Monday. We’re also told that Snee currently plans to miss three or four weeks of the program, apparently due to his desire to get a new contract. His rookie deal expires after the 2008 season.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

']Their season has been over what? 7 weeks? I think they are entitled to a break.
Isn't 7 weeks a break? I've never had a break like that from my job.;)
And actually' date=' Snee should be given a new contract.[/quote']Yes he does.

What is your feel on Osi's contract request?

Archived