Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could our front office be using the draft as leverage for trading for a player?

michael_33

I thought about this the other night and now think it's very possible,if not likely...

I think most of us here understand that Vinnie Cerrato would like to trade down...Right?(Cerrato is a genius if true)

Well...Wouldn't it be a better move for us to trade for a player,while trading down to a team desparate to move UP in the draft and grab one of their players...?

Lets use a guy like WR Roy Williams as an example...The Lions are probably asking for at least a 1st round pick for him or a 2nd rounder at worse...(the same scenario could be used for Chad johnson of the Bengals if they were to decide at the last minute to make such a deal)

Trading for either of those players would no doubt cost us more now,than it would by trading down to a team wanting to move up for a player they covet...

But instead of just shipping a 1st round pick for ROY(or a 2nd rounder) and losing our pick outright....Maybe the front office is thinking they could not only possibly land a player like Roy williams,but pick-up a draft pick as well...?

But lets forget about Roy Williams for a second and focus back on Chad Johnson....Since he is airing his displeasure for being a Bengal and has said publicly that he wants out....

Lets say hypothetically that the Bengals decide to ship Chad because their sick&tired of his televised rants about the team? :)

The Bengals hold the #9(1st),#46(2nd),#77(3rd),#108(4th),#137(5th)#168(6th)...no 7th rounder...

So what if we could land Chad by the Bengals trading up to #21 from their 2nd round pick(#46) and the Redskins would have the Bengals pick at #46..?

We would normally get two 3rd round picks in such of axchange or perhaps a 2nd and 3rd rounder depending value...right?

What if the Bengals made such a move straight up to us....Bengals get our #21st pick and we get their #46th pick(2nd round and Chad Johnson)?

That of course would leave us with the #46th and #51st picks in the 2nd round...to possibly land Calais Campbell or CB,OL,DT in any of those two 2nd round spots...

Obviously...we wouldn't go WR in those 2 spots unless perhaps Sweed or Kelly were still on the board,which would be nuts...but oh well...

Is this a possible scenario the front office might be thinking come draft day....?

My question...?How the hell do trades get pulled off now on draft day with the time limits decreased this year...Kinda stupid!!! :(

Enough of the Chad Johnson idiocy, please. He is a hole.

I refuse to even read the rest of your drivel. We need to stop giving 8 figure signing bonuses/guaranteed deals to character problems. Two years from now, Johnson will pull same thing on us, he is 30, and has poor character, NO WAY will we trade for him. Chad Johnson is interested only in Chad Johnson, has the emotional make-up of a spoiled 8 year old, and will gladly hand it to a team without a second thought. He was hardly mistreated in Cincy, Lewis gave him free reign to celebrate, yap away, etc., he is a featured part of the offense. . .it is tough to envision a situation where a coach gives a player more latitude. . .his own players leaked the fight story to the media. . .that should tell you something. . .anyway, Chad responded to this coaches kindness and preferential treatment by wanting to attack a coach and demanding a trade.

Just the kind of guy you want to trade several picks for, and give a multimillion dollar extension.

Enough already.

Chad Johnson is a hole.

Chad Johnson is a hole.

Chad Johnson is a hole.

Signing him would require us to repeat older past mistakes - giving aging, dubious character players near the end of their prime big long term deals.

Got it?

Anything you don't understand?

Enough of the Chad Johnson threads.

Enough of the Chad Johnson idiocy, please. He is a hole.

I refuse to even read the rest of your drivel. We need to stop giving 8 figure signing bonuses/guaranteed deals to character problems. Two years from now, Johnson will pull same thing on us, he is 30, and has poor character, NO WAY will we trade for him. Chad Johnson is interested only in Chad Johnson, has the emotional make-up of a spoiled 8 year old, and will gladly hand it to a team without a second thought. He was hardly mistreated in Cincy, Lewis gave him free reign to celebrate, yap away, etc., he is a featured part of the offense. . .it is tough to envision a situation where a coach gives a player more latitude. . .his own players leaked the fight story to the media. . .that should tell you something. . .anyway, Chad responded to this coaches kindness and preferential treatment by wanting to attack a coach and demanding a trade.

Just the kind of guy you want to trade several picks for, and give a multimillion dollar extension.

Enough already.

Chad Johnson is a hole.

Chad Johnson is a hole.

Chad Johnson is a hole.

Signing him would require us to repeat older past mistakes - giving aging, dubious character players near the end of their prime big long term deals.

Got it?

Anything you don't understand?

Enough of the Chad Johnson threads.

The difference between you and the OP is colossal. You state your ignorant trash, and didn't even bother to read his post.

I'm not saying I agree with the OP, but saying "Chad Johnson is a hole," only makes you look like an *******.

We can argue all day about whether or not CJ is a jerk or if he's outspoken, but we'll never come to terms. One thing that should be a standard, however, is at least civility. Please, don't trash his post until at least you've read it.

:laugh: This looks an awful lot like his prior thread...."Did Gibbs call the double timeout on purpose to lose the game himself?"

Unreal.

Dude...Are you on crack?I've never made a post about Gibbs and his dbl timeouts...I'm a classy Redskin Fan Dude!

Chad Johnson is a hole.

Chad Johnson is a hole.

Chad Johnson is a hole.

Is it because he's black? Are you referring to Chad Johnson as black hole? That's ludicrous! Chad Johnson is a ho-MO SAPIEN!!! He is a human being. What's next? You gonna refer to the Hogs as a bunch of pigs?

In all seriousness, CJ would be a great addition to our team. I wouldn't want to trade anything higher than a 3rd for him but I doubt he is available anyways.

BTW, we need more CJ and ST threads. You can never have too many of those.

Not trying to be a jerk Michael, but really, what did you expect?

Your right...I should have known better....

It's too bad...This site is starting to get trashier and trashier...

I'm finding myself at the tailgate more and more nowadays...talking about "goalineblitz" or something in a civil manner...

I'm not much to complain but this "Stadium" is getting bad! :doh:

Sometimes I wonder if their even Redskins fans and not "other" teams fan in disquise...Pretty sad really...

What if the Bengals made such a move straight up to us....Bengals get our #21st pick and we get their #46th pick(2nd round and Chad Johnson)?

So you think the value of Chad Johnson is only worth a late 2nd round pick? Our pick (#21) is worth 800 points, and their pick 2nd round pick (#46) is worth 440 points; thus, the difference is 360 points which is the (54th) pick overall. I would think they would want our 2nd with our first (#53) which is worth another 370 points which would total 730 points, or equal to the 25th pick in the first.

So you think the value of Chad Johnson is only worth a late 2nd round pick? Our pick (#21) is worth 800 points, and their pick 2nd round pick (#46) is worth 440 points; thus, the difference is 360 points which is the (54th) pick overall. I would think they would want our 2nd with our first (#53) which is worth another 370 points which would total 730 points, or equal to the 25th pick in the first.

I know the value may be a bit low for aquiring Chad,but I was also trying to factor in the the desparate attempt for the Bengals to move up for a player they covet...

It's very possible and even likely we would have to throw in a pick (low that is) for the deal to happen...

But I do think we could make a deal (as an organization) that would cost less in draft picks than just straight up dealing with a PLAYER before the draft..If it meant trading down to a team...

I am in total opposition to the scenario put forth by this thread.

We would be better served to keep our 1st round draft pick and take Branden Albert to serve as some much needed quality depth/potential upgrade on the OLine and then sign a June 1st cut casualty at WR with our approx 3 million per year we will have after signing our draft picks.

I don't know if there is a player that the Bengals will covet in the first round or at the 21st pick. From the Bengals point of view, they would be giving away CJ and a 2nd rounder for a 1st rounder.

Now, if CJ's on screen antics increase in severity then the Bengals may consider a trade but will want to walk away smelling like a rose. And I think that means a 1st rounder this year and possibly a 3rd rounder this year or a 2nd rounder next year.

Archived