Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Scary Stuff...

codeorama

I just spent the last hour in a meeting with the military regarding our school system... In my area, we have 2 military bases. The gentlemen that led the meeting would not give us any details, but scared us $hitless...

The meeting was to prepare us for emergency proceedures in evacuating the school district's children and the children that are transported to the 2 bases.. they have reason to believe that our area (due to the military bases, shipyards, etc..) will be attacked. They are preparing for specific attacks.

This was NOT a "just in case" type of meeting, this was a "when war breaks out, this is going to happen" meeting...

I cannot express how serious it was in this forum..

Originally posted by codeorama

I just spent the last hour in a meeting with the military regarding our school system... In my area, we have 2 military bases. The gentlemen that led the meeting would not give us any details, but scared us $hitless...

The meeting was to prepare us for emergency proceedures in evacuating the school district's children and the children that are transported to the 2 bases.. they have reason to believe that our area (due to the military bases, shipyards, etc..) will be attacked. They are preparing for specific attacks.

This was NOT a "just in case" type of meeting, this was a "when war breaks out, this is going to happen" meeting...

I cannot express how serious it was in this forum..

It is wise to prepare. Stay safe.

I'm in SE Va, I won't say the city because I'm probably not supposed to be saying any of this... but there were reps from most of the cities in the Tidewater area (from Va Beach to Newport News/Hampton)

Basically, they led us to believe that the war will be starting very soon and there will be retaliation....

They are especially scared that a terrorist will take over a school bus loaded with children that goes on to one of the bases..

I appreciate the well wishes, but to be honest, I think that should go out to everyone...

We all need to be careful and take care of our families.

Originally posted by Mad Mike

I lived in Norfolk VA most of my life. I could walk out my back yard, and out to Little Creek Rd. and see the Amphib base. I have a lot of freinds there and it scares me because the area is one huge target. Take care.

Thanks

Obviously, you know this whole area has to be a big bullseye..

You take care too..

Somehow, I believe that anyone anywhere could become a victim.. that's sad.

I too have family in the Hampton Roads area. I grew up in Norfolk from the age of 8 and spent most of my life there. My wife and I both have a ton of people we care about living there to this day. They are worried.

Living there with all that military is both good and bad. Sure, it's ground zero, but, because of the massive military presence it is also one of the best defended places on the face of the earth.

The most trouble may come from the fact that there are few ways to evacuate the area that don't require traveling over a bridge or through a tunnel. Evacuating over a million people through those choke points may be problematic.

Some relatives are thinking about sending wives and children back home to stay with parents until things settle down a little.

Truly "scary stuff."

Originally posted by tex

I too have family in the Hampton Roads area. I grew up in Norfolk from the age of 8 and spent most of my life there. My wife and I both have a ton of people we care about living there to this day. They are worried.

Living there with all that military is both good and bad. Sure, it's ground zero, but, because of the massive military presence it is also one of the best defended places on the face of the earth.

The most trouble may come from the fact that there are few ways to evacuate the area that don't require traveling over a bridge or through a tunnel. Evacuating over a million people through those choke points may be problematic.

Some relatives are thinking about sending wives and children back home to stay with parents until things settle down a little.

Truly "scary stuff."

Tex, I would venture to say that the meeting that I had today will not find it's way into the press, if for no other reason because the parents of the children in the schools... it would be chaos..

But seriously, we were led to believe that there is a specific threat that they are preparing us for. If you have family, tell them to be careful and keep their eyes open.

Originally posted by codeorama

Tex, I would venture to say that the meeting that I had today will not find it's way into the press, if for no other reason because the parents of the children in the schools... it would be chaos..

But seriously, we were led to believe that there is a specific threat that they are preparing us for. If you have family, tell them to be careful and keep their eyes open.

The information is very much appreciated code. I'm doing a mass emailing to loved ones and close friends tonight.

Keep safe.

Code,

Stay low, bud. Those guys would not brief you all in that manner unless they had a whiff of something. As Kilmer said, all the better reason to take these buttheads and their regeimes out. Not trying to scare you or anything, but every civilian up there and everywhere else has a vested interest in keeping your eyes and ears open to ANYTHING unusual in the area. The forces on base would rather investigate a thousand dead ends than miss one tip that might lead to taking out an a$$hole. I'm not sure what the Navy calls them, but in the Air Force they are called OSI (Office of Special Investigation). Report anything unusual to them via the base operator. Stay safe.

Originally posted by Air Sarge

Code,

Stay low, bud. Those guys would not brief you all in that manner unless they had a whiff of something. As Kilmer said, all the better reason to take these buttheads and their regeimes out. Not trying to scare you or anything, but every civilian up there and everywhere else has a vested interest in keeping your eyes and ears open to ANYTHING unusual in the area. The forces on base would rather investigate a thousand dead ends than miss one tip that might lead to taking out an a$$hole. I'm not sure what the Navy calls them, but in the Air Force they are called OSI (Office of Special Investigation). Report anything unusual to them via the base operator. Stay safe.

Thanks... I appreciate the info.. We have often received updates and info, but this was far different. Even after 9/11, we never went through something like that. As of today, they are searching the school buses as they enter and leave the bases, including using mirrors for under the bus and dogs...

The worst part is that it's hard to imagine that ANYONE would target children... Can you imagine the impact if a school were bombed or a school bus full of kids used as a giant bus bomb.......

That's freakin sick.

It really makes you call home and tell the wife you love them...

Thanks... I appreciate the info.. We have often received updates and info, but this was far different. Even after 9/11, we never went through something like that. As of today, they are searching the school buses as they enter and leave the bases, including using mirrors for under the bus and dogs... The worst part is that it's hard to imagine that ANYONE would target children... Can you imagine the impact if a school were bombed or a school bus full of kids used as a giant bus bomb....... That's freakin sick. It really makes you call home and tell the wife you love them...

I hear ya. This is how we lived life in Europe in the 80's. Only this time instead of just having conventional bombs and blowing up barracks and hijacking airlines, they have nasty stuff, supplied by.......Iraq and Iran and Syria, among others, that can do alot more damage. This is why the president is so serious about getting rid of regiemes that manufacture and distribute this stuff. No one is safe until this stuff is contained again and a$$holes that would use it against innocent civilians are locked up or better yet................dead.

As of today, they are searching the school buses as they enter and leave the bases, including using mirrors for under the bus and dogs...

That's exactly what it was like in Germany in the 80's after the Libya bombings. I was in high school while my dad was stationed in Bittburg Germany from 85-88. I didn't even make it to school one day because they were examining every car entering the base so carefully. They erected barricades and made the Armadillos (armored Hummer's with a mounted machine gun) much more obvious. We got some pointed instructions at school for a variety of possibilities. It was intense, but I the level of preparedness was reassuring.

We kind of took that as a part of being a military family. I am truly disgusted to hear that schools here in the states are going through similar experiences.

Archived