Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

War Question

codeorama

Lets say that much of this new info coming out is true about France and China helping Iraq develop long range missles... What then.. Are France and China our enemies? Is this going to be WWIII? Is Russia and Germany in on it too?

This is getting to be scary stuff...

Can we win a US&England vs. The World War?

The easy answer is yes. We can defeat the world if we need to. My guess though is that it wouldn't be us alone. Germany would probably stay out unless they too have been doing the things the French are. The Russians would probably fight along side the US. Add in the Aussies, Spanish and all of Eastern Europe and we would win fairly easily and quickly. It IS France for god's sake.

IF we could line everybody up on a really big field and duke it out: yeah, we could probably take them.

In reality, there's no way we'd "win" the war. It would be Israel and Palestine magnified 1000 fold. IT would be gorilla warfare on a scale never seen before. Can you imagine gorilla warfare over continents...with weopens as potent as exist today?

Besides which, just what would we do if we "won?" Can you even begin to imagine the headaches in governing that many people over that huge of an area with many of them angry? No thanks... The US is big enough and hard enough to manage without taking on the governing problems of the rest of the world.

All of this ignores the economic reprocushions of such a war. No, US and England vs. the war is never going to happen, and it should never be considered an option. We're not a colonial power with world ambitions.

Originally posted by phishhead

There are no "winners" in a war.

:puke: :puke: Tell that to Germany at the end of WWI. Tell that to the Confederacy at the end of the Civil War. You can't come in here and spout off leftist cliches and not expect to get called on them.

Escholz,

Why are you attacking me for a having a different point of view? To be honest, left wing, right wing, does it really matter? Maybe, buts it like choosing the lesser of two evils if you ask me. Now back to the war statement.. Are you telling me you enjoy having to send our soldiers out to battle risking thier lives, and many other innocent lives, at that?

Yes, maybe in the end when enough blood has been shed, someone can call themselves a "winner."

there are many ways to fight a war.......not all of which are restricted to weapons....ask the former Soviet Union about that one.....

right now....the interesting war that is evolving is right here at home....between the folks who believe in peace and those who believe in freedom.....hmmmmmmm....wonder how that one will be fought & won:D

Originally posted by phishhead

Escholz,

Why are you attacking me for a having a different point of view? To be honest, left wing, right wing, does it really matter? Maybe, buts it like choosing the lesser of two evils if you ask me. Now back to the war statement.. Are you telling me you enjoy having to send our soldiers out to battle risking thier lives, and many other innocent lives, at that?

Yes, maybe in the end when enough blood has been shed, someone can call themselves a "winner."

First off, no I don't enjoy having to send our troops (even possibly myself if they set up a draft) off to war. I don't find joy in bloodshed or the loss of innocent lives. However, I recognize that there are times when it is the only option. When the "last resort" optoin of war has to be exercised, there are indeed winners and losers. Loss of life is a very steep price to pay, but it is the price of victory in battle.

I think we can all agree that War is not a good thing, but sometimes it is necessary, but lets get back to the question...

Is China our enemy?

If we go to war with Iraq, is China going to step in? It looks like they have been helping Iraq make longer range missles...

Originally posted by Jagsbch

This war and talk remind me of one of a great song By Jim Morrison. Can any one guess the Title?:?rolleyes: :cool:

"The End?"

this is the end beautiful friend

the is the end

my only firend, the end

of everything that stands the end

of our elaborate plans the end

no safety or suprise, the end

I'll never look into your eyes again

Can you picture, what we'll be?

So limitless and free

deserately in need, of some strangers hand

etc.

Cool song. I saw his grave in January in Paris. Glad I got to before all the anti-French fervor went to a fever pitch. I probably won't be going back anytime soon.

The portal leading to global war has been jarred open a crack. The world obviously does not want to see the U.S. dominating the oil rich Middle East.

Any nation objecting to the insertion of our armed forces into the region, for what is shaping up to be a long stay, will need to force us out militarily. The most openly hostile country currently is North Korea, China's proxy.

China is in the mix but it remains to be seen if they are willing to challenge the U.S. for control of the worlds major oil fields at this time. China may decide now is the time to do battle because waiting reduces China's chance for success. The U.S. military is at present reshaping it's forces to meet the challenges of the 21st century and is therefore as weak now as it is going to be for a very long time. Waiting for the new U.S. force structure and advanced new hardware to come on line would make no sense from China's perspective especially if they think they match up well (thanks to Clinton) with our present strength.

Originally posted by escholz

"The End?"

this is the end beautiful friend

the is the end

my only firend, the end

of everything that stands the end

of our elaborate plans the end

no safety or suprise, the end

I'll never look into your eyes again

Can you picture, what we'll be?

So limitless and free

deserately in need, of some strangers hand

etc.

Cool song. I saw his grave in January in Paris. Glad I got to before all the anti-French fervor went to a fever pitch. I probably won't be going back anytime soon.

Did you get any pics?

I love getting pics of cool places.

Archived