Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taking a CB high in the draft?

DirtySkin21

"Shawn Springs and Fred Smoot are experienced starters, and Leigh Torrence is a young cornerback who impressed last season. The team could use a high draft pick on a cornerback to add more depth and speed to the secondary."

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=1073

If we are going to gamble on a draft pick i say we just make the trade for hall happen. Seriously. He's young and proven he can play with the best, and has elite talent.

I mean seriously.. I say we give Hall a 3 year deal and tell him if he plays good next year we will sign him to a long term deal.

IF there is any CB out there that is worth taking a chance on it would be hall over pacman. Hall is still young and can mature, get better, and once he comes to a family his attitude will change. I think we should address the WR in FA as well, I think we should use all the rest of our picks on D line, O line, and depth everywhere else.

that's just MO though.

i think this is the position that we need more help right away. at DE we have Daniels and Carter. we need mostly depth.

CB we have springs that is staying around because the only good CB is Rogers and he is not 100%. After that we only have Back ups at best. especially with death of Taylor, we lost our best player in the secondary.

if the redskins take Hackett , i doubt that they will go for WR in the early rounds or even drafting a WR.. if they do get one will be one that they can develop over time just like they are thinking about getting a QB.

so CB , G, DE are greatest need right now.

I must have missed that part...

How did he not impress?? he played VERY well stepping into our secondary when our cbs went down.

It's not like Wright or any of them that were getting burnt all the time. Torrence held his own down. and i HOPE he comes back.

I dont know what games you were watching but torrence was terrible he constantly gave up first downs. I do think this team needs help at corner more then DE trading for hall would probably be a good idea but i would rather sign Pacman and then use a first or second round pick on a CB as well with springs probably leaving next year.

Rogers-Comratrie

I know I didn;t spell his name right and I'm too lazy to check..

I'm very high on this kid aswell I just don't think he will be around at 21. I think at this point his stock has risen into a top 10 or top 12 selection.

So you would reach for possition if there was no talent there ?

I think the 1st round pick should be the best CB, OG, OL, WR available but I wouldn't be averse to picking any possition outside QB.

Wow, someone that understands draft logic. So rare around here:laugh:.

:applause:

I must have missed that part...
Ok, but how about commenting on the main topic of the thread?

I swear, sometimes it seems like some people hang out here just to find something negative in a thread, pick it out and comment on it. :doh:

BTW, I don't see Torrence as a negative. He is nothing to scream about, but he is nothing to panick over either.

Yes to a Hall trade, no to a Pacman coming here. I agree pretty much with the OP.
I agree also. I love the fact that we have not jumped head first into FA and made any big splashes this season. But, if we are going to make a splash in FA, IMO Hall makes perfect sense. Adding Hackett might not be such a bad move either. With having done those two things in FA we could go ahead and load up on our o-line and d-line in the draft like the OP suggested.

Like any fan of this team I want DL or OL...but there's nobody there at 21 worth the pick as far as I'm concerned. If DRC is there I want him to be our pick and then draft DL and OL for depth in the following rounds. Hall is a great talent and I don't think anyone can doubt that. However, Joe Gibbs just spent 4 years drilling it into the head of the FO and the team that character matters above all else. What kind of message would it send to bring in Hall?

Definitely no to Hall. He brings more baggage and has less talent than Deion and that didn't work so well (I understand Hall is younger). We seem to be changing directions - Hall would be a step backward.

Our greatest needs, in my opinion, are Dline (preferrable a pass rusher), WR, and CB (not in any order). So, I would take whoever the Redskins have rated the highest among those positions when it comes time for us to pick in Round 1, unless someone drops in a different position that is rated significantly higher than the positions of need we have.

Hail,

H

Wow, someone that understands draft logic. So rare around here:laugh:.

:applause:

Yeah, if you reach for a player in the 1st round just because of a need, you will likely draft a bust. IMO, we need to draft BPA. That has worked out for us so far really well. If a player isnt worth that pick, its gonna be a bust.

I dont know what games you were watching but torrence was terrible he constantly gave up first downs. I do think this team needs help at corner more then DE trading for hall would probably be a good idea but i would rather sign Pacman and then use a first or second round pick on a CB as well with springs probably leaving next year.

for waht he costs, and hes young, and hes depth. YES he did well, being THROWN into a starting spot. Everyone else that watched knows he did a good job.

I wouldn't mind having Hall, he's a great player but it would have to be at the right price. The new Falcons GM is not going to let him go for anything less than a first rounder.

That being said, I think that we will pick up a CB in the first because the DL talent thins out after DHarvey is off the board. WR is too risky, and I think the BPA may be a corner anyway.

Hall would be a good pickup, but I don't think it will be worth it in the long run. If we get DRC, then he'll come much cheaper, could possibly play as well as Hall and he's even younger. We'll be able to keep our picks as well, and maybe pick up a DL in the second and WR in the third. In terms of what's best all around for the future of this football team, I don't think Hall is going to come at the right price to make the deal worthwhile.

Ok, but how about commenting on the main topic of the thread?

I swear, sometimes it seems like some people hang out here just to find something negative in a thread, pick it out and comment on it. :doh:

BTW, I don't see Torrence as a negative. He is nothing to scream about, but he is nothing to panick over either.

I agree also. I love the fact that we have not jumped head first into FA and made any big splashes this season. But, if we are going to make a splash in FA, IMO Hall makes perfect sense. Adding Hackett might not be such a bad move either. With having done those two things in FA we could go ahead and load up on our o-line and d-line in the draft like the OP suggested.

thanks man.. you are right though, alot of people just HAVE to be nagative to get by with their day. They can give themselves a high-five.

and i agree what you said about torrence, I never said he was a star, but he's definitely proven depth for us.

I wouldn't mind having Hall, he's a great player but it would have to be at the right price. The new Falcons GM is not going to let him go for anything less than a first rounder.

That being said, I think that we will pick up a CB in the first because the DL talent thins out after DHarvey is off the board. WR is too risky, and I think the BPA may be a corner anyway.

Hall would be a good pickup, but I don't think it will be worth it in the long run. If we get DRC, then he'll come much cheaper, could possibly play as well as Hall and he's even younger. We'll be able to keep our picks as well, and maybe pick up a DL in the second and WR in the third. In terms of what's best all around for the future of this football team, I don't think Hall is going to come at the right price to make the deal worthwhile.

I agree completely, Hall's good, but I don't want to give away our picks for him. DRC would be a great 1 pick if he's there.

I agree completely, Hall's good, but I don't want to give away our picks for him. DRC would be a great 1 pick if he's there.

that kids not gonna be there, after his cousin having a pro bowl year and he worked with D green and running like he did someone is gonna draft him before us and bulk him up a little.

Definetly no to Hall. He brings more baggage and has less talent than Deion and that didn't work so well (I understand Hall is younger). We seem to be changing directions - Hall would be a step backward.

Our greatest needs, in my opinion, are Dline (preferrable a pass rusher), WR, and CB (not in any order). So, I would take whoever the Redskins have rated the highest among those positions when it comes time for us to pick in Round 1, unless someone drops in a different position that is rated significantly higher than the positions of need we have.

Hail,

H

I think that the point of the thread, is that if we maybe addressed our CB need with trading for Hall we would'nt have to in the draft. We would have someone that we already know is going to contribute right away.

BTW, does anyone know if it is definite that the Falcons are wanting a #1 for Hall?

Archived