Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The New King of Hillbilly Swing

Koolblue13

I don't know if any of you are true country music fans or not and I'm not talking about Clay Ackins. Wayne the train Han**** is on tour and rarly makes it out of Texas. He is very under the radar and I figured I'de throw this out there for yas.

He will be in the south for a couple of shows and definitly worth checking out if you like juke joint swing, hillbilly rock or whatever you want to call it. This guy flat out rocks it, I've seen him before and am going thursday to see him in NYC.

Mar 13 20088:00PThe Rodeo Bar w/ J.B. Beverley & the Wayward DriftersNew York City, New YorkMar 14 20088:00PChameleon Club w/ J.B. Beverley & the Wayward DriftersLancaster, PennsylvaniaMar 15 20089:00PClementine w/ J.B. Beverley & the Wayward DriftersHarrisonburg, VirginiaMar 16 200810:00PBerkley CafeRaleigh, NCMar 19 20088:00PThe EarlAtlanta, GeorgiaMar 20 20088:00PSpeakeasyBirmingham, AlabamaMar 21 200810:00PCarroll County MarketCarrollton, MS

Check it out. I think he is by far the best around. It's hard to find real country music, but this is a great start.

I know. I'm definitly a BW & the texas playboy fan. It just amazes me what passes for country nowadays and IMO, this guy is by far the best.

I don't know if he will be in the unfashionable end of the galaxy or not, but you should definitly check him out.

So I went and saw Wayne last night and he kicked ass as usual.

The reason I'm bumping this one again is because the opening band was from D.C.

J.B. Beverly and the Wayward Drifters. They were fantastic. Upright Bass, Banjo and the Gee-tar.

Definitly worth checking out.

Archived