Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Smoot is a drama queen!

gutlead74

I'd say it's mostly him acting. i don't think too many guys who are seriously HURT stay in the game even if they are tough. If you notice, he usually does it and just lines right back up the next play and starts talking again.

That being said, he is a pretty tough guy, and I'm glad to have someone like him on the team.

I think it's funny, i have heard 3 differen't accounts of what injury he played with. Was it BROKE,CRACKED, OR BRUISED? [smoots sternum]

Y'all crack me up... haha

Does it matter?

The guy played NFL football with an injury to his body core

Hey everyone...Fred Smoot played with a sprained sternum.

I remember one game, where Smoot went to a RB's upper body, instead of going at his legs, and he laid on the ground for the longest. I definitely thought he was done for a couple of weeks, and then he came back in about two plays.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but that sounds like the Bears game in 2004. He hurt his shoulder, then came back in and laid another big hit and hurt his other shoulder. Even if my story's not true, it's more of the Smoot myth!

Does it matter?

The guy played NFL football with an injury to his body core

Hey everyone...Fred Smoot played with a sprained sternum.

Umm, yes it does matter.. That's why I asked .. WAS IT BROKE?SPRAINED?OR CRACKED?

What I dint ask for was the attitude. I wasnt putting smoot down, in fact I know he's tough.. My pointas is how things are heard to differen't people. Some people heard it was bruised, some people heard it was broke, and etc...

The difference between the three is very different.. If he played with a cracked or broke sternum, he's REALLY tough.. but if it was only bruised, he's still tough but it's not like playing with the other two.

Another thing, you can find a nicer way to answer my questions, if you refuse to do that.. just ignore my posts, and pretend like im not even here and let someone else answer my question. It's that simple, PAL.:laugh:

You wouldn't appraoch someone like that face to face when they are talking or asking a question, so why would you do it on here? It's pointless to argue and be an ass, it's way more appealing to be nice.

I remember one game, where Smoot went to a RB's upper body, instead of going at his legs, and he laid on the ground for the longest. I definitely thought he was done for a couple of weeks, and then he came back in about two plays.

yeah, smoots that dude. I love the fact he isnt considered elite because the more qbs try to pick on him the more picks and stuff he will have for us.. THough i was surpised to see him drop that pick-6 in that miami game in week 1.

I love springs, but i kinda hope we get something for him before he either retires or goes to another team.

It's obvious a lot of teams know how good a corner springs is. But we have to face the fact he is aging, and is fragile sometimes. I too, would hate to see him go, but hes no where near as fast as he used to be, in fact.. I would like to see him and doughty rotate the SS position, and he could be used as a nickle CB too.

Sometimes I watch sports to see greatness, sometimes I watch sports to see grace, sometimes to see amazing feats of athleticism, or sometimes just to pass a few hours.

When I watched the 2007 Redskins, Post-Taylor, I was watching to be inspired by Fred Smoot. The dude played with raw emotion and reckless abandon - his own body be damned. If no word yet exists that defines what is "above inspirational", I propose the English language adopt the word "smootspirational."

Obviously youve never played football. I was a 170 pound safety in high school and as glamorous as it looks sticking your entire body into a runners thighs causing him to flip, I promise you it hurts. Smoot isnt faking.

Yeap...it's hard to believe he plays at the level he does at that weight. I always tried to put on a few prior to the start of the season only to lose it in the first game lol.

SMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT!

• 4 months later...

Frail or not Smoot plays through a lot of injuries and the guy is a beast! Im so glad hes back in Washington I was so bummed when he left. It would be awesome to see him play the rest of his football years in DC

Archived