Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

By the looks of things

dyounker44

Considering Snyder has not allready got a big WR thus far, It must be a sign that we allready have someone on our roster that the FO likes. I would say that Espy, Mix and if resigned Caldwell are going to get a good look in camp. I am not sure we need to draft a wr. Line Cooley up at wr at times and run two backs, and draft the Tallest guy we can find in the later rounds.:dallasuck

Considering Snyder has not allready got a big WR thus far, It must be a sign that we allready have someone on our roster that the FO likes. I would say that Espy, Mix and if resigned Caldwell are going to get a good look in camp. I am not sure we need to draft a wr. Line Cooley up at wr at times and run two backs, and draft the Tallest guy we can find in the later rounds.:dallasuck

You maybe should call Zorn and give him this fantastic play....joking aside, I dont want to be banned for life from starting threads, but I would be cool with trying to develop Espy/Mix and using our early round picks on OL/DE/DT and CB.

run two backs, and draft the Tallest guy we can find in the later rounds.:dallasuck

Drafting someone in the later rounds who is tall does not relate to abilities. We need a big WR with speed in our division because of the great play by DBs.

Yeah, just because the we haven't signed Bernard Berrian, or Javon Walker to ridiculous contracts doesn't mean that we won't make a signing. There still is the draft and plenty of smaller names on the market. The Redskins aren't rushing to overpay and become engaged in a bidding war. It's a shrewd method.

We are adding at least two WRs.

Lloyd is gone. McCardell will be gone.

Caldwell is up in the air.

Espy got the shaft last year. Luck was not on his side. He would have had a chance to get some playing time. Mix has a shot but we're bringing in at least two WRs that have a good chance of making the roster.

One will come from the first four rounds of the draft, I don't know where the others will come from. Low-level FA? Trade? Undrafted guy or late round pick?

All it means is that we haven't signed a WR yet.

We could be posturing for Larry Fitzgerald, who I'd be willing to give up our #1 pick for, and he's the only trade I can honestly say I'd be okay with giving up a #1 for.

Or, we may be drafting a WR.

Or, they could be happy with our WR corps.

Or, we could sign a free agent once asking prices go down.

At this point, the only thing we know is that up until this point no one has been signed.

All it means is that we haven't signed a WR yet.

We could be posturing for Larry Fitzgerald, who I'd be willing to give up our #1 pick for, and he's the only trade I can honestly say I'd be okay with giving up a #1 for.

Or, we may be drafting a WR.

Or, they could be happy with our WR corps.

Or, we could sign a free agent once asking prices go down.

At this point, the only thing we know is that up until this point no one has been signed.

I agree-

The FO said there was no FA's that would fit, but they didnt say anything about a trade. And as with all trades, there is alot of negotiation. You just dont swap bubblegum cards and make the deal.

And if they are talking about a trade, its probally a high dollar one, that would include draft picks.

I, for one am glad they are taking their time to work the best deal, and as Zorn said: to get the best fit on the field and in the locker room.

Drafting someone in the later rounds who is tall does not relate to abilities. We need a big WR with speed in our division because of the great play by DBs.

HELLS YEAH.. LIKE I BEEN SAYING, if we cant get LARRY FITZ.. LIMUS IS THE WAY TO GO..... LOVE THOSE HIGHLIGHTS....

I see there are still a few F/A's who try and use the Redskins to drive up their value. I don't think it works as well as it did a few years ago though. Maybe next year F/A's will say that have visits with the raiders in lieu of their recent excessive contract signings?

-- No Visit With Johnson

The Redskins do not have a scheduled a visit with Arizona Cardinals free agent wide receiver Bryant Johnson. according to Vinny Cerrato. Johnson was quoted on the Buffalo Bills web site that he had scheduled a visit with the Redskins. (Johnson visited Buffalo's facility on March 3.)

They've said they prefer to sign/trade for guys the coaches already know about.

So if Zorn doesn't think D.J. Hacket is an upgrade, they must feel our current wr's can get the job done, or we'll draft one.

People have mentioned Marcus Monk on this board, but I think we already have a Marcus Monk on our roster, named Mix.

I still think we need someone else to line up at split end, allowing Randle-el to move into the slot. Maybe they think a rookie can be plugged in there, whether it's Limas Sweed or Jordy Nelson.

Archived