Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lack of Hall of Fame Game Tickets

REDSKINS8181

I searched for a thread on this subject, but found none. If it's a repeat, my apologies.

My friend and I just secured our HOF Game tickets yesterday. For those of you traveling to the induction ceremony and planning on getting tickets, now is the time (unless you're included in the group package). The stadium only holds around 22k, and the good ol' boy network is alive and well in Canton. Only HOF members and their families, and major financial contributors and sponsors are given the first shot at tickets. Stubhub and Ebay are options, but they are already highly inflated. A friend in Canton says there's some scalping on gameday, but we didn't want to risk it.

Our phone call to the HOF yesterday revealed that only 30 tickets remain, even though the HOF website clearly stated that ticket info will be posted in late March. She also stated that there hasn't been this high of a demand for tickets in her 20+ years of working there.

My advice to those who have not secured tickets yet is to call the HOF and beg and plead, as we did.

For those traveling to the induction ceremony and game, we'll see you there. HTTR!

The Hall of Fame site says tickets are not on sale til the end of March.

Where did you get tickets from and how much were they?

I have tickets and lodging for the enshrinement ceremony already I just need 3 game tickets.

HTTR

Call Sports Travel and Tours 800-662-4424. They are the company that is handling the ticket sales for the HOF.

Call Sports Travel and Tours 800-662-4424. They are the company that is handling the ticket sales for the HOF.
Found this:

http://www.sportstravelandtours.com/tripsdetail.cfm?id=427

I'd love to go to this thing, and I will if I can. But there is no way in hell I'm spending hundreds of dollars per person to watch what amounts to a glorified pre-season game. I mean, with all due respect to Art Monk and Darrell Green, if I can go, I'll go. I'll check out the HOF, the enshrinement, and I'll even do the TG on Sunday. But I may [EDIT: be at a local bar Sunday afternoon].

I searched for a thread on this subject, but found none. If it's a repeat, my apologies.

My friend and I just secured our HOF Game tickets yesterday. For those of you traveling to the induction ceremony and planning on getting tickets, now is the time (unless you're included in the group package). The stadium only holds around 22k, and the good ol' boy network is alive and well in Canton. Only HOF members and their families, and major financial contributors and sponsors are given the first shot at tickets. Stubhub and Ebay are options, but they are already highly inflated. A friend in Canton says there's some scalping on gameday, but we didn't want to risk it.

Our phone call to the HOF yesterday revealed that only 30 tickets remain, even though the HOF website clearly stated that ticket info will be posted in late March. She also stated that there hasn't been this high of a demand for tickets in her 20+ years of working there.

My advice to those who have not secured tickets yet is to call the HOF and beg and plead, as we did.

For those traveling to the induction ceremony and game, we'll see you there. HTTR!

Yeah WTF is that. They better not be sold out. :gus:

Found this:

http://www.sportstravelandtours.com/tripsdetail.cfm?id=427

I'd love to go to this thing, and I will if I can. But there is no way in hell I'm spending hundreds of dollars per person to watch what amounts to a glorified pre-season game. I mean, with all due respect to Art Monk and Darrell Green, if I can go, I'll go. I'll check out the HOF, the enshrinement, and I'll even do the TG on Sunday. But I may have to head home early Sunday.

That's my plan too, except I'm definitely not attending the game.

The exhibition game, (in my situation), isn't worth burning another vacation day, or the money.

For others, especially for fans who don't get to see the Skins play, it sounds like a great opportunity.

To me it is worth it. It is the cherry on top of what I hope is a good weekend. I have already purchased 4 tickets form E-bay. It will be cool to see a NFL game played on a high school field. Yes I paid more for this game than I do for my regular season tickets. Monk and Green are my childhood heros. This is ONCE IN A LIFE TIME opportunity. I will be on the 15 yard line 7 rows from the field.

Just my:2cents:

That company is handling the packages, not individual tickets. Individual game tix go on sale (or the info is released for when they will go on sale) at the end of March, regardless of what they tell you.

And yes, it will be mostly backups playing, but it is the first opportunity to see the Skins play with Zorn as the HC.

That company is handling the packages' date=' not individual tickets. Individual game tix go on sale (or the info is released for when they will go on sale) at the end of March, regardless of what [i']they[/i] tell you.

How do you know this?

The HOF web site had a link for game tickets that said to keep checking back. That link has been removed.

Not being a smart ass just wondering if this is your opinion or if you know to be fact.

Not true. I just hung up the phone with them and they're saying that they handle package deals and that the HOF will be releasing individual game tickets in late March...in which they have about 1000 seats.

I talked to a rep at the HOF earlier and she said ticket information would be released on the website and to sign up for the newsletter as it would be posted there also. I asked about the price and she said they expect them to be about $50. I've got the campsite, enshrinement tickets, and all that's left are the game tickets. I agree, it's going to be a special game, especially for those of us who were around during the Green and Monk era. Hail to the Redskins!!

That company is handling the packages' date=' not individual tickets. Individual game tix go on sale (or the info is released for when they will go on sale) at the end of March, regardless of what [i']they[/i] tell you.

How do you know this?

The HOF web site had a link for game tickets that said to keep checking back. That link has been removed.

Not being a smart ass just wondering if this is your opinion or if you know to be fact.

The link has not been removed. Click on the "Ticket Policies" link and it still states to check back in late March.

Not true. I just hung up the phone with them and they're saying that they handle package deals and that the HOF will be releasing individual game tickets in late March...in which they have about 1000 seats.

1000 sets…. Do you like your odds of getting one? I just spoke to the ticket office and he told me last year they had 10,000 calls for 2000 tickets. And I guess people were not buying just 1 ticket. I think once word gets out at the end of March that game tickets are not available the price will only go up. Just my opinion.

The link has not been removed. Click on the "Ticket Policies" link and it still states to check back in late March.

I see the one that you are referring to. That is not a link. Or at least when I clicked it did not take me to another page.

If you click the "Purchase Tickets Now" There was a link to game tickets that said to check back. That one has been removed.

I need 6 tickets and I really want to go but I'm not paying an arm and a leg to see a preseason game. I'll tailgate with everyone and then go to a local bar and watch the game

Makes sense to me. If it turns out that we can't get game tickets for a decent price, we'll figure out an alternative. It won't be a big deal. The brokers would prefer a panic, but the reality is that the ceremony is why we're there and attending the game would have been a bonus. We'll see it with a large group of Skins fans either way it shakes out.

I need 6 tickets and I really want to go but I'm not paying an arm and a leg to see a preseason game. I'll tailgate with everyone and then go to a local bar and watch the game
Makes sense to me. If it turns out that we can't get game tickets for a decent price, we'll figure out an alternative. It won't be a big deal. The brokers would prefer a panic, but the reality is that the ceremony is why we're there and attending the game would have been a bonus. We'll see it with a large group of Skins fans either way it shakes out.
These are the two best posts in this thread, in MHO.

1000 sets…. Do you like your odds of getting one? I just spoke to the ticket office and he told me last year they had 10,000 calls for 2000 tickets. And I guess people were not buying just 1 ticket. I think once word gets out at the end of March that game tickets are not available the price will only go up. Just my opinion.

...my response was that the company mentioned is NOT the official ticket broker for the HOF. Of course it's tough to get a ticket straight from the hof ticket office when they're selling NFL games at a high school stadium.

Archived