Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Tall' WR in the draft or FA?

rm8899

Where do you think our new 'Tall' WR Zorn specifically mentioned will come from?

Because they're a lot of speculations out there with the whole Moss+Green Bay thing and Javon Walker+Dallas...On top of that J. Porter is gone (is Berian still out there?). And i don't see C. Johnson coming in. These are of course speculations and FA did just start, but still i feel the talent is dropping on the FA market (at least for our price range).

I just feel it's come down to the point where we may just have to go with the draft this year, try to strike it lucky like New Orleans did with Colston. Make a receiver really work to earn his money and be a skin for life. Thoughts??

Berrian has recently signed with the Vikes, 6 year deal.

I'd still see if the Lions are intrested in trading Roy Williams, otherwise look for Bryant Johnson or draft somebody in the 2nd-3rd round.

Bryant Johnson is not someone I want. Roy Williams is probably commanding a 1st rounder seeing the production he has put up over the past few years and the value he commands.

Bryant Johnson is not someone I want. Roy Williams is probably commanding a 1st rounder seeing the production he has put up over the past few years and the value he commands.

It depends, after the dust settles in about a week, the price tags should drop. If Johnson is still out there, we should definatly bring him in for a look. I also forgot about Hackett, hopefully he would come cheap to stay with Zorn. Earlier it was reported that the Lions were looking for a 2nd rounder in exchange for Williams. That has probably changed since the report, but the Lions are now looking for a DT to replace the loss of Rogers.

Maybe Griff + 2009 4th rounder?

Draft

We don't need to be spending more money than we need to in FA. Let's just pick up some depth at O Line, CB, and LB and be done with it.

I agree with looking to FA for depth at CB and LB but I thought our biggest problem with the O-line was age. I say use a couple of picks in the draft for the O-line. Doesn't seem like a lot of young talent in FA for O linemen.

But to each his own I guess :cheers:

To answer the OP, I was on the WR in FA bandwagon but they are all starting to sign with other teams so :whoknows:

if we end up keeping our picks I would think the first two picks will be a DE and WR, not particularly in that order. It depends upon how the draft board runs. If there is a move for DEs in the middle of Round 1 I would expect the Skins to look WR and vice versa to get the best value.

Some FA WRs still available (according to FootballsFuture and KFFL):

Drew Carter, UFA, Carolina Panthers

Antonio Chatman UFA Cincinnati Bengals

Keary Colbert UFA Carolina Panthers

Malcom Floyd RFA San Diego Chargers

Doug Gabriel UFA Oakland Raiders

Jabar Gaffney UFA New England Patriots

David Givens UFA Tennessee Titans

D.J. Hackett UFA Seattle Seahawks

Devery Henderson, UFA, New Orleans Saints

Az-Zahir Hakim UFA Miami Dolphins

Bryant Johnson, UFA, Arizona Cardinals

Justin McCareins UFA New York Jets

Randy Moss, UFA, New England Patriots

Eric Moulds UFA Tennessee Titans

Samie Parker UFA Kansas City Chiefs

David Patten UFA New Orleans Saints

Peerless Price UFA Buffalo Bills

Marcus Robinson UFA Detroit Lions

Javon Walker UFA Denver Broncos

Nate Washington RFA Pittsburgh Steelers

I really want Williams.

I know we're being humble and everything, but sign Williams and be done with it.

If FA, Bryant Johnson. Otherwise just do it through the Draft.

The more I think about it and look into it, the more I like this move a lot. I don't think it will happen though. Johnson has already garnered interest from Buf and if he doesn't get a deal done there TB wants him too.

I really want Williams.

I know we're being humble and everything, but sign Williams and be done with it.

I want Williams too, the problem is whether he's really on the trading block for Detroit. It was an earlier rumor that doesn't look to be the case.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/02/marinelli_very_confident_that.html

Marinelli: 'Very confident' that Williams is staying

by Tom Kowalski

Sunday February 24, 2008, 11:36 AM

It was just a few weeks ago that Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli talked about the possibility of trading receiver Roy Williams, but now Marinelli says that isn't likely to happen.

"I know the rumors are out there. But those two guys together (Williams and Calvin Johnson), I want to see those guys,'' Marinelli said Sunday at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis.

Some FA WRs still available (according to FootballsFuture and KFFL):

Drew Carter, UFA, Carolina Panthers

Antonio Chatman UFA Cincinnati Bengals

Keary Colbert UFA Carolina Panthers

Malcom Floyd RFA San Diego Chargers

Doug Gabriel UFA Oakland Raiders

Jabar Gaffney UFA New England Patriots

David Givens UFA Tennessee Titans

D.J. Hackett UFA Seattle Seahawks

Devery Henderson, UFA, New Orleans Saints

Az-Zahir Hakim UFA Miami Dolphins

Bryant Johnson, UFA, Arizona Cardinals

Justin McCareins UFA New York Jets

Randy Moss, UFA, New England Patriots

Eric Moulds UFA Tennessee Titans

Samie Parker UFA Kansas City Chiefs

David Patten UFA New Orleans Saints

Marcus Robinson UFA Detroit Lions

Javon Walker UFA (Cut) Denver Broncos

Nate Washington RFA Pittsburgh Steelers

Not the most attractive list of names (other than Moss) but i suppose there are a couple that I wouldn't lose too much sleep over if we pursued

I wonder what the problem with Colbert is I know that he was a beast in college. Maybe it is because he has always been stuck behind the likes of Mushin Muhammed (sp) and Steve Smith. :whoknows:

Archived