Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Medicus Double Hinged Driver

Chief skin

It definately helps with fundamentals, thinks like grip. It forces you into a common swing plane. If you can master it it's a great tool. However, if you have a swing that is not normal it will take quite some time to get used to swinging the way the Medicus wants you. It's designed to enforce a nice, easy repeatable swing.

It is a great tool for finding out if you start the club to far outside or inside. The wrist rotation and wrist **** is pretty important with the Medicus too. Basically start doing 1/4 swings with it, then work to a full swing. It takes some time to master it and implement it.

Speaking of the upcoming golf season Im in a postion to receieve a new set of clubs (birthday gift) and I was wondering which way to go. I am a beginner and pretty terrible all around (I vow to get out more this season) so I was looking for game improvement irons. For the last two years I have used hand-me-downs from my father in law. I narrowed it down to two sets I really like one I think I hit better then the other. I've hit both two times now and for a short period of time so take that for what its worth.

Adams A2OS graphite hybrid set

King Cobra S9 (2007)

I actually hit the Adams better as far as I can tell I think Im really better with the hybrids. Having said that what do the golf pros around here have to say about either set. thanks.

I got the driver and 5 iron. totally worth it.

I found my swing is the opposite of golf :).

I took lessons at the Hilltop driving range 5 years ago.

I was showing how difficult it was for me to hit the driver (duck hook and slice)... he told me to stop hitting it and go with the 3 wood..

I ended the lessons that day.

If you can get past the irritation of using it for awhile, it becomes worth it, but man is it aggravating at first. I borrowed one from a friend and could never get a full swing without the hinge swinging on me. An entire week, not one full swing. I didn't have the patience to keep going.

The medicus is a good training aid. I work at a local golf course and I see a lot of people on our range using it. I asked our pros about it and they all agree it helps you stay on plane and it can help you with tempo. If you swing to hard the medicus will let you know.

For the poster that asked about game improvement irons, look into the Cobra Transitions or Adams Idea Hybrid Irons. If you can work it have the person giving you the birthday gift give you a gift certificate to a local course with a stocked pro shop. That way you can use it for a fitting, lessons, clubs or play. Having someone just give you a set of clubs they think might fit you is almost a complete waste of money.

Archived