Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft and Zorn/Cowher

RedskinsCampbell2Cooley

I think it's sad, but Zorn probably has to go 8-8 or better to keep his job if Cowher becomes available and is willing to coach the Skins. We all remember how Marty Shottenheimer was dismissed after just 1 season, even with the Skins going 8-3 down the stretch (from an 0-5 start).

I have to disagree about Zorn. He's the coach for the next four years at least pending some disaster of a season like the one we all just witnessed from Miami.

Marty was a different case and a different time.

I can not believe we are still discussing this. WTF is wrong with you people. I will never even understand the Cowher love. Am I the only one who rembers 7 long years of Stewie at the helm? No other owner would have allowed that, not one.

What I remember is Cowher needing 13 years or so to win a SB and only did it because of the defence and some ****ing serious luck. I don't want Cowher here and honestly I don't think Snyder does either. I think the media has created this Snyder/Cowher story because five years ago it would have been a story...but just like the guy who wrote that TSN story about how the 'Skins will be 'very active' in free agency, it's classic bad media work.

I think it would be stupid to give Zorn one year to succeed. That would be typical Snyder though, so who knows. I say let Zorn play out his 5 years, unless he goes 3-13 for a couple of years straight.

Also, I don't know this "Manningham" charicter. Every time I read his name on these boards I think, Peyton Manning meets Randall Cunningham.:silly:

No. He's always supportive of his coaches. The coaches have always quit on him...

As far as the draft goes, we need to get Mario Manningham he is the next best receiver after Kelly from Oklahoma, the kid has blazing speed, and would be a great compliment to Santana.

Manningham is overrated and a possible bust of Desmond Howard proportions in my opinion. Sweed, Kelly or Hardy is who I'd want to compliment Santana. We don't need another tiny wide out. We need a tall physical guy who can go over the middle, catch slants and be a possession wide out.

What I remember is Cowher needing 13 years or so to win a SB and only did it because of the defence and some ****ing serious luck.

Cowhers teams were consistent, always in the playoffs and he made it to the Superbowl more than once. All on a small market team that had trouble keeping it's players.

I think some of the disrespect that Cowher gets by some here, is absolutely retarded. The guy is nothing but a winner.

Manningham might slip to the 2nd day. Thing is, though, the Skins don't need him. They already came out and said they want a receiver with bigger measurables than what they currently have on the roster.

I wouldn't buy much into his 40 time, though. Boldin ran a slow time at the combine and he's a pretty good pass catcher, :laugh:.

Archived