Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Mortgages Work (humor)

RyansRangers

Valid Point

It's kind of amusing (or sad, really) when you think about it. They helped **** so many people and mess up the economy, quite knowingly, and what'd they end up getting? Fired? Oooooh, I'm sure getting fired in 07 hurts the guy who got $900,000,000 bonus at the end of 06. Ah well, these type of people are the criminals in our society who always get away scott free while others rot in the joint for smoking a joint. That's what I call justice. :laugh:

Its kinda sad really, when it just shows greed at every level

From the buyers wanting more than they could afford or were prepared for, to the LOs, to the banks, to investors they were sold too.....greed muddied the water at every single step along the way and all are at least somewhat culpable. I would say, however, that I don't blame the buyers so much as it's the JOB of everyone else up the list is to determine whether or not they're worthy of having the loan.

From the buyers wanting more than they could afford or were prepared for, to the LOs, to the banks, to investors they were sold too.....greed muddied the water at every single step along the way and all are at least somewhat culpable. I would say, however, that I don't blame the buyers so much as it's the JOB of everyone else up the list is to determine whether or not they're worthy of having the loan.

I agree at some point. The first time homebuyer is hard to blame a lot, however the homeowners who refi'd with the exotic terms and the people who htough they were investors are equally to blame.

There is a 3 day recision period to reveiw term and conditions and if you still took out a Option arm at 90% ltv you are to blame

I agree at some point. The first time homebuyer is hard to blame a lot, however the homeowners who refi'd with the exotic terms and the people who htough they were investors are equally to blame.

There is a 3 day recision period to reveiw term and conditions and if you still took out a Option arm at 90% ltv you are to blame

True, but at the same time, in many cases, they were options that never should've been available to those people. But you're right, the blame is shared. Obviously, this doesn't apply to everyone on each level, either. Plenty of LOs were responsible and didn't willingly put their clients in bad situations, some banks shied away from the stupider loans and some of the investment firms smartly stayed the hell away from these loans. Just thought I should point out that I'm not condemning everyone on a wholesale basis.

Archived