Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Since when has anything we wanted amounted to victory?

BurgundyBooger

In the beginning, I was totally against the events that have transpired in Redskins Park since the second departure of Coach Gibbs. I didn't think it was right, in the business or moral sense, for Gregg Williams to be overlooked in favor of candidates outside of the Redskins circle that Coach Gibbs established. To say that I was against the first news regarding Fassel was an understatement.

But when has anything that we perceived as great ever translate into something that is really meaningful to this franchise?

We hooted and hollered at the arrival of Saunders, Williams, Spurrier, and the like, but none of the effort exerted by any of these coaches resulted in a Lombardi.

What I'm trying to say is this: Serious medicine rarely tastes good when you first put it into your mouth. If it does, chances are that it won't do the job as effectively. For the past few years, we've been spoiled by fool's gold offered to us by cons that maybe it's time for us to look at some ugly rocks for ourselves and see if there's any glitter under their loose surface dirt.

I'm willing to give Fassel or whomever the next "unsexy" pick for a coach that comes in a fair shot.

Who's with?

You have to be "old school" to remember how upset the fans were when we hired Gibbs I. AND how we thought we could catch lightening with Norv. It is just a gamble.

I am for asking for a new deck and going with someone like Grimm or Meeks instead of going with the same old deck (Fassel, Mooch).

:helmet: The Rook

Archived