Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Camping...or FPS Etiquette

Spaceman Spiff

Camping definitely shows a lack of skill for the most part. I say this because campers basically never determine the outcome of games. They sit in one spot and get their

handful of kills and just cower in fear. The best players never camp. They

go out and engage the enemy.

To be concerned about FPS etiquette is flawed in that it assumes that there is such a concept as etiquette in FPS gaming. There is not. FPS is all about making it harder on the other guy to do anything. If you camp extremely well people will complain. If you snipe extremely well people will complain. If you hop well people will complain. If you stay alive in a vehicle too long or have a weapon for too long then you are "whoring it". The list goes on and on.

If they aren't complaining about your style of gaming.... you suck.

To be concerned about FPS etiquette is flawed in that it assumes that there is such a concept as etiquette in FPS gaming. There is not. FPS is all about making it harder on the other guy to do anything. If you camp extremely well people will complain. If you snipe extremely well people will complain. If you hop well people will complain. If you stay alive in a vehicle too long or have a weapon for too long then you are "whoring it". The list goes on and on.

If they aren't complaining about your style of gaming.... you suck.

I disagree. You can be the worst camper in the world and people

especially your own team will complain all day and night about you.

A camper can get the lowest kill count in the game and will still

get dogged.

I disagree. You can be the worst camper in the world and people especially your own team will complain all day and night about you.

A camper can get the lowest kill count in the game and will still

get dogged.

If your own team is complaining that's because you are the worst camper in the world... or at least on the team. I was talking about the other team complaining.

Camping is a needed skill in FPS and those that disagree are free to continue to be bad. Learning every camping spot on a lvl and how to use them to your advantage is usefull in situations where going on the offensive is impossible or stupid. If you want to be a good FPS player you can't master one style of play. You have to know how to go get the enemy and let the enemy die in trying to get you.

Strategy has to be based on what is going on at the time. If there are too many players running around blindly I will immediately start camping. If people are playing cautiously I will work to draw them out.

Like I said, those complaining....

If your own team is complaining that's because you are the worst camper in the world... or at least on the team. I was talking about the other team complaining.

Camping is a needed skill in FPS and those that disagree are free to continue to be bad. Learning every camping spot on a lvl and how to use them to your advantage is usefull in situations where going on the offensive is impossible or stupid. If you want to be a good FPS player you can't master one style of play. You have to know how to go get the enemy and let the enemy die in trying to get you.

Strategy has to be based on what is going on at the time. If there are too many players running around blindly I will immediately start camping. If people are playing cautiously I will work to draw them out.

Like I said, those complaining....

I did not do or say anything to merit your last comment. I was

respectful in my disagreement.

Archived