Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP - DG#28 Phoenix Blog

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/darrellgreen/

Posted at 3:12 PM ET, 01/29/2008

Headed to Phoenix

Editors' Note: Throughout Super Bowl week, washingtonpost.com will publish posts from Redskins great Darrell Green in this blog. The posts also will be available on his blog on his website, DarrellGreen.com, after The Post publishes them. Here's Darrell's first post:

To the Redskins faithful, all of you who remember the good old days, and the Darrell Green fans -- especially those of you who were kind enough to keep in touch with me through DarrellGreen.com (thank you!) -- I want to let you all know, if you haven't already heard, that I've been selected as a 2008 Pro Football Hall of Fame finalist.

It goes without saying that my family and I are extremely pumped! So much so that we've decided that, should I be fortunate enough to be selected, we should be there in Phoenix for the live press conference; so we're going. Hopefully, you all have the NFL Network, which will air the announcement live at 2:30 ET this Super Bowl Saturday. I want you all to see it and celebrate with us.

Now, don't get me wrong! Trust me, I don't know if I'm going to get in or not. But don't worry, we've got a plan: If I'm not selected, we'll just slide out the nearest side door lick our wounds, celebrate the selectees, and continue to enjoy the great western sunshine of Arizona.

Click link for full blog entry

who would you guys rather see get in first: DG or Art?

It's not a matter of one over the other to me.

But I would be extremely disappointed if DG was not a first ballot guy. I was already disappointed about Art not being one.

They both were more than deserving of that honor.

I think if DG retired earlier, then there is little doubt. I'm hoping the fact that he played into his 40's and was no longer a #1 or #2 guy doesn't hurt him.

I do believe that Grimm will get in at some point as well. I haven't heard any voters speak ill of him, I just think it takes a little longer for o-line guys.

Archived