Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Around The Horn: Al Davis vs. Dan Snyder

JaimeDeCurry

It was actually a segment on Al Davis being a horrible owner, followed by a segment on Snyder being a horrible owner. Some quotes:

"So much money, so much ego, so little results."

"Is it normal procedure to hire coordinators before a head coach?"

"This team bonded after the death of Sean Taylor. All of that is gone now."

They all still think Davis is the worst owner though...so that's cool I guess.

For what it's worth, Woody Paige said we were doing things the right way. Everyone else emphatically disagreed. One guy said the only possible good outcome would be to get McDaniels from the Pats, and that's not going to happen.

"This team bonded after the death of Sean Taylor. All of that is gone now."

I think this is the biggest reason why so many are upset with Snyder right now. What so many are failing to realize is the one that made the team bond, got the team through that tragedy, resigned after we lost in the playoffs. All of that was gone when Gibbs stepped down.

And I don't blame Gibbs for stepping down. That was his rightful decision, he had valid reasons for doing so.

Come on... Snyder is only responsible for Schottenheimer, Spurrier and Gibbs... Those aren't exactly three embarrassments. The only one you can really fault Snyder for is firing Schottenheimer, but who really thinks Schottenheimer would've won a playoff game? :) Spurrier has to bear the brunt of the blame for himself, because that was just about the sexiest pick on the planet at the time.

JA Adande and Kornheiser are on PTI right now. Talking about Carrol and Mariucci. Carrol passed. Adande likes Mooch for us. Says to ignore his Detroit stint cuz you can't win with Millen. TK thinks #1 would be Cowher, and then after that Carrol over Mooch, even though he JUST said Carrol turned it down.

Come on... Snyder is only responsible for Schottenheimer, Spurrier and Gibbs... Those aren't exactly three embarrassments. The only one you can really fault Snyder for is firing Schottenheimer, but who really thinks Schottenheimer would've won a playoff game? :) Spurrier has to bear the brunt of the blame for himself, because that was just about the sexiest pick on the planet at the time.

I agree. If I were owner, the only hire I would have done differently is hiring Marty in the first place.

Two thirds of the league has changed head coaches in the last three off-seasons and the Redskins are so horrible because they're one of them?

I still say Jerry Jones has to top any list of wost owners in the NFL.

He got rid of JIMMY JOHNSON!!!! As a Skins fan, I'm forever thankful but trying to look at unbiased it was perhaps the single most idiotic thing I can remember an owner doing.........and Danny models himself after this shmo. :doh:

We all piss and moan about Danny dumping on Gregg Williams, imagine if Danny pulled this stunt with a coach who built us a dynasty and was a two time defending champion.

I agree. If I were owner, the only hire I would have done differently is hiring Marty in the first place.

Two thirds of the league has changed head coaches in the last three off-seasons and the Redskins are so horrible because they're one of them?

How many other teams have had 7 head coaches in the past 15 years and 5 in the last 8?

the fact is... people laugh at you when you say you're a redskins fan. point blank. defend danny or berate him all the same. we have sucked consistantly now for long before i was a fan.

i don't see why everyone is so eager to accept mediocrity. a wise man sees failure as progress and an idiot will do the same thing twice and expect different results.

that's our team currently.

Dan Snyder is very high profile owner, but I see a lot of teams around the league with coach changes, lack of recent Super bowls trophies, and a general lack of success.

I don't see the Redskins as being any worse then many of these teams around the league. I am not a total fan of Snyder's moves, but I know of a lot of fans who would rather have Snyder as their team's owner. Even Kraft from the Patriots took time before his team had success, and that stumbling upon the right formula and staff for the team's organization.

At least Snyder tries. Perhaps a bit too hard, but he is making the effort to improve the team, even if it has yet to generate a Lombardi winning team.

Archived