Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just reported on ESPN's First Take/Mariucci

skinzdar55

Not sure about my feelings about Mooch. I'd be willing to accept Josh McDaniels from NE with open arms. I know he's untested, but if he could bring the winning attitude here from NE, that would make us winners, I believe. They have something special over there. Maybe it's all Bill B., but maybe not. I'd be willing to take that chance. 2009 looks like a rebuilding year anyway (even thought we don't need to rebuild).

He can bring the attitude but Im pretty sure any of us can make that team look good when you have Brady and moss and welker and stallworth and watson .. I mean Wies was suppose to be the brains on offense for that team and when he left they didnt miss a beat, All im saying is Mcdaniels maybe a great coach but can you gamble the franchise on a guy who tells Tom Brady to throw deep to Randy Moss and in your heart say that he would be a great coach??? We dont have Brady and we dont have moss and we dont have an O-line that will give a qb 7 to 8 seconds to read the field.

Not sure about my feelings about Mooch. I'd be willing to accept Josh McDaniels from NE with open arms. I know he's untested, but if he could bring the winning attitude here from NE, that would make us winners, I believe. They have something special over there. Maybe it's all Bill B., but maybe not. I'd be willing to take that chance. 2009 looks like a rebuilding year anyway (even thought we don't need to rebuild).

McD would be a huge mistake...monsterous mistake...no way he could walk in here and have respect as the head coach...no f n way.

I love JLC's article highlighting the similiarties between Mooch and Gibbs:

"Two of Mariucci's former players also pointed out the similarities between the teams he had in San Fran and this Redskins team. Both have lots of veteran leadership and have a playoff pedigree, and, like Gibbs, he puts a lot of trust in his players. With the 49ers he ran a "Dirty Dozen" of 12 player representatives that met with him weekly and had a significant say in setting up routines, practices, chemistry issues, etc. Sounds an awful lot like Gibbs's Leadership Counsel right there (look at that Skins, I'm doing some homework for you. You can add this the whole "continuity" vibe should you unveil Mooch as coach someday)."

Maybe Snyder still has the whole continuity thing in mind, after all...

McD would be a huge mistake...monsterous mistake...no way he could walk in here and have respect as the head coach...no f n way.

I couldn't agree with this more. I'd be all for getting McD, but only if we had a very young and untested team. With the foundation of our team based upon veterans, this hiring wouldn't make any sense.

Archived