Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Radio: Raiders reportedly pushing for resignation of HC Lane Kiffin

Veretax

I couldn't believe I just hear that, if this is true, and Greg isn't the head coach, what about Kiffin for D.Coord?

... Thanks for the note that he's the Head Coach of Oakland and was O-Coord at USC. I thought he was a defensive coach. I stand corrected.

ESPN.com article on Kiffin's situation: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3214665

Raiders coach refuses to heed Davis' call to resign

By Chris Mortensen

ESPN.com

Updated: January 25, 2008, 11:15 PM ET

Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis has been pushing for coach Lane Kiffin to resign and is considering Dennis Green as a potential replacement, sources close to Kiffin and the team said.

Davis has gone so far as to draft a letter of resignation for Kiffin to sign, a source said. Kiffin has refused to do so but has dared Davis to fire him instead. The letter, the source said, was sent to Kiffin two weeks ago.

...Rest at link.

kiffin is their head coach and was offensive corrdinator at USC.....

I must have had him confused with someone else.. Yuck.... Now I don't know if he's worthy of coming here now. Move this to Around the NFL if you think it doesn't belong. I'm just wowed at that. If so the Raiders will be looking for a coach too :/

I couldn't believe I just hear that, if this is true, and Greg isn't the head coach, what about Kiffin for D.Coord?

Vertex,

I had credibilty with your posts, but when you posted this one, I just don't know anymore. Make me think otherwise, my friend. Anyone who keeps up with the NFL knows that Kiffin was at USC on the OF side of the ball. Come on, dude!

Vertex,

I had credibilty with your posts, but when you posted this one, I just don't know anymore. Make me think otherwise, my friend. Anyone who keeps up with the NFL knows that Kiffin was at USC on the OF side of the ball. Come on, dude!

I had the wrong coach, that's what I get for listening to a VERY quick news blurb on ESPN Radio :/ I thought they said he was the Defensive Coordinator, not an Offensive Coach. I've been corrected, and I apologize for getting confused. Please forgive me, but I don't follow the Pac-10, or the raiders, I heard the name Kiffin and the first thing that popped in my head was defense. That is obviously incorrect, and I apologize for starting this thread. So Again, apologies. I made a mistake it happens :/

Vertex,

Must have gotten him confused with his father, Monte Kiffin of the Bucs. Who coincidently was reported to be a candidate to come here as a defensive coordinator before signing an extension a week ago.

Archived