Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Dilfer got it right...

corrupt3d

Trent Dilfer was quoted on Mike and Mike this morning, saying that once Tiki and Shockey, "high maintanence" players who drain their QB's, were off of the Giants (Shockey, of course on IR), the entire team performed better.

Truly, thats what seperates us apart from a team like NYG (with Tiki or Shockey). We dont have anyone who is going to put anyone else down. Sure we've struggled at times, but theres a huge level of comraderie in the locker room. No one in there wants to see JC fail, so they help him - whereas it was different with Eli and could be a reason why it took him a while to develop, both skill wise and as a leader.

So, I guess my point is, for a developing QB, we have one helluva locker room.

I dunno, something to get us away from all this negativity and this annoying coaching search...

interestingly enough, both Tiki and Shockey were Fassel guys. Shows you what kind of character he looks for.

Really? Does it? I can't see Gibbs as the kind of guy that would bring in a Llloyd but he did. Jason's production seemed to go up once he had McCardell and Caldwell in the game.

Interviewing people and getting a read on them can be tricky if you don't know the person. Of course Shockey I think everyone knew he was ****y. But was Tiki always a son of a *****? I seem to remember him being more humble in his earlier years, back when he was fumbling and not living up to potential.

Trent Dilfer was quoted on Mike and Mike this morning, saying that once Tiki and Shockey, "high maintanence" players who drain their QB's, were off of the Giants (Shockey, of course on IR), the entire team performed better.

Truly, thats what seperates us apart from a team like NYG (with Tiki or Shockey). We dont have anyone who is going to put anyone else down. Sure we've struggled at times, but theres a huge level of comraderie in the locker room. No one in there wants to see JC fail, so they help him - whereas it was different with Eli and could be a reason why it took him a while to develop, both skill wise and as a leader.

I dunno, something to get us away from all this negativity and this annoying coaching search...

Ohh, we cut Bradon Lloyd?

True. Sadly, though we have a "high maintenance" owner who insists on being in on everything, even though he's not a football man. Not only is that draining the locker room, it's draining us fans.

Archived