Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Jim Fassel our head coach?!?!

Rodriggo

Has Jim "if you want in get in" Fassel been named our head coach now? Wow! and I was worried about Jim Schwartz?! Jim Fassel? Jim Fassel? Was Rich Kotite not available? What a terrible hire. It's official, this franchise will be in Los Angeles by the end of the decade. Count one for not "wanting in"

I think he probably is our new coach provided we can find some coordinators for him. It seemed that Snyder wanted the slam dunk of announcing the new coach with a complete staff all at once. However, we are failing miserably at hiring that staff and so hiring Fassel is also on hold.

This is where I get my hope that we might still promote from within or at least keep most of the guys we already have.

Jim Fassel has been out of a HC job since 2003 so he is hungry and will wait to see what happens with the Danny over the next couple of weeks.

I think it has become apparent that Snyder has let the Gibbs resignation completely change the focus and concentration of this team on continuing to build and improve and get to a goal.

Instead, we are back to the 'let's blow everything up and start fresh' mentality of 2002 and 2003.

Not coincidentally, those years under Spurrier netted us 7-9 and 5-11 seasons.

Anyone remember Reidel Anthony, Shane Matthews, Jacquez Green, Trung Canidate and all the other 'great' talent Vinny Cerrato brought in to help the Redskins win in those years under the Ole Ball Coach? :laugh:

Archived