Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Iggs after Derrius Thompson

Dale

We should keep Derrius Thompson. I think he is worth about 1.0-1.5 million a year, but no more than that. We should have signed him last year for much cheaper. I don't know why the management is opposed to bringing him back... this is where spurrier should flex his muscles to retain this young emerging wideout.

Then there's this:

Vikings | Thompson Visiting - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)

20:03 PT: The Star Tribune reports free agent WR Derrius Thompson (Redskins) will visit with the Minnesota Vikings on Wednesday.

The Vikings have a great #1 and a real burner (albeit with no hands) in Kelly Campbell, but they need a real #2. They signed Derrick Alexander last season, but he only had 14 receptions.

Guest Trevor

No big deal, Thompson is a number 2 at very best and he's a better fit for the WCO than the fun-n-gun. We already have two guys who are in the same mold as Thompson and one of the them is already better(Gardner) and the other one will be better(McCants). We need to worry about adding a playmaker which I don't see Thompson as.

Thompson going to the Eagles doesn't concern me. They need more than that. THEY should be making a play for Boston or Price but they're too damn cheap.

DT is an up-and-coming WR, but he's not the second coming of Jerry Rice. He would be just another guy the Eagles might TRY to make a #1 guy when he's best suited at #2 or #3.

When will they learn, anyway? :)

I don't know what i'll do without almost getting kicked out of the stands on Sundays for abusive language every time that sorry excuse dropped a ball, or even let one slip through his hands and nail him in the facemask. He never showed me he's worth our time.

We should keep Derrius Thompson. I think he is worth about 1.0-1.5 million a year, but no more than that. We should have signed him last year for much cheaper. I don't know why the management is opposed to bringing him back... this is where spurrier should flex his muscles to retain this young emerging wideout.

Because we already have a "young emerging wideout" with similar skills in Darnarian McCants! Thompson does not have deep threat speed, has average hands, and has proven to run undiscipline routes at times. Could he get better......sure.... but so could McCants who has a stronger upside and playmaker potential based on his college history.

Wherever Thompson goes, he'll contribute. Will he be a field stretching #2, not a chance.

I think its a nice move for them, but not the #1 they need. He will fit nicely behind Thrash and Pinkston and I think push for a starting job at some point in the season. Freddie Mitchell is garbage. I DO think Minnesota would be a better fit though.

He would be better off going to the vikes as a number two where he could catch those laser/lob passes against the number two or 3 corner.

I would have given him another year since we didnt have continuity at QB or Oline to fairly evaluate WR.

Thompson is good, but not so good that we should overpay to keep him. I have to think that's the issue here. He was probably pulling for close to $2 mil, and I doubt we were willing to pay very much.

Anyway, I don't think he'd be horrible to cover with the Eagles. He would be perfect in Minnesota, though -- they need a strong possession guy to complement Moss.

they can afford Boston but won't go for him because when you've never won.............you don't know how good it feels.................thus don't have that extra push to get there again.

ok, I am bull****ting. If they think the rest of the NFC is going to stay the same so they'll just get another crack at the title next year....they are wrong. Everybody is trying to get better except them. If they end up under .500........there should be heads flying.

Originally posted by Bandit

they can afford Boston but won't go for him because when you've never won.............you don't know how good it feels.................thus don't have that extra push to get there again.

ok, I am bull****ting. If they think the rest of the NFC is going to stay the same so they'll just get another crack at the title next year....they are wrong. Everybody is trying to get better except them. If they end up under .500........there should be heads flying.

I think that they think they can be like the Steelers and lose people every year and remain competetive, but they have yet to show me that they can pick winners and competant replacements in the draft the way the Steelers have.

Originally posted by TankRizzo

I don't see him being any higher than the #4 there behind Pinkston, Thrash and Freddie Mitchell. Maybe there's a chance they move ahead of Pinkson but I doubt it.

Pinkston is the best of that group. He will be the number 1 next year probably. For all of you that keep saying "go after Boston if I were the Eagles" I think that'd be a mistake. He's probably going to be suspended for the first 4-6 games of the year, and has too many issues and ? marks for my liking. Thompson could develop into a very solid player here IMO. Better than Thrash, and would give McNabb a "big" option. I'd rather have him pinkston and thrash than freeman pinkston and thrash, and there aren't any other good WR's out there that would fit in (through FA). If we use the $$ we would be paying Boston, to resign Hugh and get Thompson and Ritchie (who I think they'll go after at FB), then I'd be happy.

The Eagles will reportedly be receiving a 3rd rd compensation pick as well, which would leave them with 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds. They WILL package some of those picks to either move up in the first to get a real play maker, or move into the first and add another pick. Then, draft Witten, and fill the need at MLB (Pierce, Clifton Smith, Henderson etc.) and have Thompson and Douglass and I'd be happy.

Originally posted by TankRizzo

I don't see him being any higher than the #4 there behind Pinkston, Thrash and Freddie Mitchell. Maybe there's a chance they move ahead of Pinkson but I doubt it.

Pinkston is the top Reciever on the team and Mitchell is the worst. He'll be the #2 or 3 guy there.

Originally posted by tommy-the-greek

Do the Eagles know there are OTHER teams in the league they can acquire players from? What is next? Will they take some of our cheerleaders too?

No, but I heard a couple of Eagles fans took a liking to your mascot!:doh: It seems as if we are rather fond of Redskin and Packer players (and coaches for that matter).

Archived