Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gardner agrees to contract with Denver

This is from KFFL.

John Clayton of ESPN.com reports the Denver Broncos have agreed to a contract with free agent DT Daryl Gardener (Redskins). The deal was completed Tuesday due to the complicated language that the Broncos have started to include in their contracts involving big signing bonuses. The Broncos and Gardener are mostly in agreement on the numbers, but they have to get the language right in the contract to complete the deal.

Anyone else find that amusing? "Have to get the language right in the contract to complete the deal" hah.

Interesting. I wonder if the "language they have to get right" includes the following words:

*Refund

*Back Injury

*Split Salary

*Void of Option Bonus

*Health

*Team Cancer

*Disruptive Presence

*Irrational Behaviour

I'm glad he's in the AFC. I've lost alot of respect for they guy during this whole fiasco, but I hope he maintains healthy and has a successful career with the Broncos.

Our offer was more than fair. We did the right thing by not reaching any more, even though he will be missed.

I'll be interested to see the numbers in his contract with Denver. Wonder if he got what he was wanting from us.

If the contract cannot be resolved, the Broncos have begun making contingency plans. Denver has identified Indianapolis free-agent defensive lineman Brad Scioli as the next player it would pursue if Gardener's deal collapses.

They must NOT be that confident in the deal. Maybe we should look at Scioli. I don't know that much about him can anyone shed some light on him?

Archived