Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1/17 ESPN Sportsnation Tidbit: re Collins v. Campbell (M.E.T.) (Merged)

corrupt3d

Yours truly got a question posted:

Yosef (DC): KC, was Jason Campbell progressing throughout the year in terms of metrics and compared to the year prior? There's questions here in Washington if he is our future or not...but I like what I'm seeing from him.

Response:

sn2.gifKC Joyner: (4:36 PM ET ) Campbell certainly progressed last year but I do wonder if there will be a QB controversy given how well Collins played in the stretch run. It might be good for Campbell that a new coach is coming in, because that coach will likely take a longer term view than Gibbs might have taken had he stayed around for one more year.

Not the answer I was quite looking for, but its good to know people see that Campbell has some talent.

EDIT: Someone get a question in quick about Campbell http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=18867

There's no controversy in my mind. Collins did what he's supposed to do, be efficient and mistake free in the starter's absence and try to win games.

He did so with good offensive line protection, but the second he got rushed he melted down. The Seattle game showcased his limitations with arm strength and evasiveness. Jason doesn't have an issue with either of these things. We've put too much into him to just trash him before he's even finished developing.

Yours truly got a question posted:

Response:

Not the answer I was quite looking for, but its good to know people see that Campbell has some talent.

EDIT: Someone get a question in quick about Campbell http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=18867

Nobody questions his talent, it's his ability or in this case, his inability to run this type of offense and produce wins.

Nobody questions his talent, it's his ability or in this case, his inability to run this type of offense and produce wins.

Well as many people have said, if he can run this type of offense, he would have the numbers to show.

KC, a numbers guy, is saying that he progressed.

All of the posts popping up every day about what our record will be next year seem to forget that Jason Campbell this season was on his way to leading the team to another losing record. When JC was injured against the Bears our teams record was 5-7, making JC's win/loss record over all 7 wins and 12 losses. In that game against Chicago we were looking like we were going to lose another game until a cool handed TC showed up and rescued our butts from that and won 4 games in a row.

This year should be JC's final year as QB if I am right. No I'm not wishing for him to lose but I don't think he has the quickness required in the NFL to make the plays that win and lose games. When JC's rushed he gets ratteled and shown that he will make the bad INT throw at the end of the game. Maybe he needed a break, I don't know, but the man has all of the natural gifts to be a good QB but he's missing the quickness required in this league. I hope he proves me wrong, time will tell.

Our record and season goes as JC goes.

This year should be JC's final year as QB if I am right. No I'm not wishing for him to lose but I don't think he has the quickness required in the NFL to make the plays that win and lose games. When JC's rushed he gets ratteled and shown that he will make the bad INT throw at the end of the game. Maybe he needed a break' date=' I don't know, but the man has all of the natural gifts to be a good QB but he's missing the quickness required in this league. I hope he proves me wrong, time will tell.

Our record and season goes as JC goes.[/quote']

Thats obserd...

JC is TOO cool under pressure

JC has had the benefit of our swish cheese O line :rolleyes: and still kept his eyes downfield and made plays

Give him some damn throwing lanes and he will tear up defenses just like any other NFL qb...

Just because he threw a few pics at the end of games doesnt mean he is not capable, he is more than capable!

In the first Giants game he made a HUGE throw to hit ARE over the middle on like the 2 yard line and somehow ARE gets stopped, then we cant run it in...and its his fault? JC did make the big throw at the end of the game, the rest of the O didnt come through.

Im not saying he has performed great at the end of games (so far), but he has proven to me that he is more than capable of it in the future....:2cents:

Thats obserd...

JC has had the benefit of our swish cheese O line :rolleyes: and still kept his eyes downfield and made plays

Give him some damn throwing lanes and he will tear up defenses just like any other NFL qb...

Just because he threw a few pics at the end of games doesnt mean he is not capable, he is more than capable!

In the first Giants game he made a HUGE throw to hit ARE over the middle on like the 2 yard line and somehow ARE gets stopped, then we cant run it in...and its his fault? JC did make the big throw at the end of the game, the rest of the O didnt come through.

Im not saying he has performed great at the end of games (so far), but he has proven to me that he is more than capable of it in the future....:2cents:

I agree. HTTR

All of the posts popping up every day about what our record will be next year seem to forget that Jason Campbell this season was on his way to leading the team to another losing record. When JC was injured against the Bears our teams record was 5-7, making JC's win/loss record over all 7 wins and 12 losses. In that game against Chicago we were looking like we were going to lose another game until a cool handed TC showed up and rescued our butts from that and won 4 games in a row.

This year should be JC's final year as QB if I am right. No I'm not wishing for him to lose but I don't think he has the quickness required in the NFL to make the plays that win and lose games. When JC's rushed he gets ratteled and shown that he will make the bad INT throw at the end of the game. Maybe he needed a break, I don't know, but the man has all of the natural gifts to be a good QB but he's missing the quickness required in this league. I hope he proves me wrong, time will tell.

Our record and season goes as JC goes.

If JC gets rushed he gets rattled? Who doesn't? First, JC is always commended for his poise. Second, he's made huge plays on his feet. Third, why is he getting rushed at? He needs to compensate for our Oline? You expect that from a seasoned veteran, not a 20 game starter

He's shown that he will make the bad INT throw TWICE. TWICE. He'll stop doing them, it'll come in time. But we have to stop and build the team around him, the rest will fall into place, rather than have a revolving door at QB.

Thats obserd...

exactly, we could have beaten the Cowbouys and the Packers had it not been for dropped passes, the Giants the first time we played them too. Campbell is a better QB then some are giving him credit for. he did well, with not a whole lot to work with. He was being protexcte by a 2nd string O-line.

There's no controversy in my mind. Collins did what he's supposed to do, be efficient and mistake free in the starter's absence and try to win games.

He did so with good offensive line protection, but the second he got rushed he melted down. The Seattle game showcased his limitations with arm strength and evasiveness. Jason doesn't have an issue with either of these things. We've put too much into him to just trash him before he's even finished developing.

Did you watch Campbell this year?

He did melt down when pressured almost as well as he couldn't hit receivers on stride (throwing behind(slant/cross routes) and overthrowing (both short and deep passes)...I support Jason but if there is one more season of this then he needs to be traded and someone else needs to be brought in.

He did melt down when pressured almost as well as he couldn't hit receivers on stride (throwing behind(slant/cross routes) and overthrowing (both short and deep passes)...I support Jason but if there is one more season of this then he needs to be traded and someone else needs to be brought in.

Every Quarterback misses their recievers sometimes!!!

But you dont lead a College Team to an Undefeated season without having some damn good accuracy...

Fact is, he tries to throw too hard sometimes, and if youve ever thrown a football...that can obviously effect your accuracy....again...it doesnt mean he is not capable

Ide rather JC than Eli, Cutler, Smith, Carr, Jackson, Lemon or just about any other young QB that has gotten their chance

As long as everyone is healthy for the most part, I would think that it would be possible for the redskins hit a wild card spot again at the minimum. Our schedule is not that bad next year. For the most part our home schedule is going to be rather easy. We have the Browns, Steelers, Rams, Cardinals, coming in. I don't thinkg that we are going to have too tough a home schedule and then we get Cincy, and Baltimore on the road along with the Seahags and the 49ers. I think that there is no reason not to expect a 10-6 season. Go undefeated at home and get at least two games on the road. That is my prediction. I think that Jason Campbell can do that for us. With a little bit of time behind us, the team can move forward from the Sean Taylor tragedy and start to establish ourselves as a premier franchise once again.

Haha. Ya i am sure having 4 straight 60+ drives in Tampa and back to back 80+ drives(on both INTs fased him) :rolleyes:. Look at our WRs, they are not good. They just get paid well.

No wonder why this franchise is never gonna have a great QB.

Archived