Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many wins should we demand from Williams...

BurgundyBooger

I am stunned by the replies in this thread. I know I'd love a magical season next year, but no matter what there are going to be some setbacks with the change. Just give the guy the team and see what happens. Don't demand anything!! It's the first year! For PETE'S sake, talk about pressure! I'm not sure I'd take the job of HC for any money if I read this thread.
Well, that is the main advantage that looking at GW has. Continuity. Otherwise, he is a mid-level candidate.

Of course the players want him. Their jobs are more secure, and they don't have to learn a new system.

I won't expect much from him as coach. First season 5-11 and second season 7-9. He is a defensive coordinator, not a head coach. (Until he proves it.)

I think Saunders will be gone because they don't get along. And the offense is where we need the most help. Williams can't provide that. If Saunders were to stay I think Williams would overrule a lot of his decisions and Saunders would walk on his own.

Where is this coming from? I have only seen GW interviews where he has praised picking up Al. As far as the D being stuck on the field too long, I blame our inability to stop teams more than field position resulting from the O.

Read it in an article. They have absolutely nothing to do with each other. They don't even talk.

Where is this coming from? I have only seen GW interviews where he has praised picking up Al. As far as the D being stuck on the field too long, I blame our inability to stop teams more than field position resulting from the O.

I am wrong. I have been searching for the article. I did run across 1 article, but it said they do seem to get along. but that it wouldn't suprise them if he were to can Saunders - or keep him.

I am thinking I may have read it in one of our forums here. Not sure though.

I am wrong. I have been searching for the article. I did run across 1 article, but it said they do seem to get along. but that it wouldn't suprise them if he were to can Saunders - or keep him.

I am thinking I may have read it in one of our forums here. Not sure though.

I've seen it here too, but it wasn't Andyman. You have to filter who says what. Hard for me to picture GW losing Saunders. One of the top things Gregg would have going for him would be continuity, and that's more important on Als side of the ball anyway. Without Saunders, I'm not such a GW backer.

Archived