Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

windows movie maker/youtube

hey guys, well i was gonna try and make a redskins video but im not sure where to get started?

what program do the majority of you people sue to make movies?

cuz all i have right now is windows movie maker, and if i make a vid, will i be able to upload a video from windows movie maker to youtube???

please reply,thanks....

HTTR:helmet:

You can use Windows Movie Maker, and its good for someone getting started, , but its the basic of basic editors.

When you are done making your video, save the file to your computer. Then you can upload it to youtube. Make sure the file isnt over 100 Mb as youtube has a limit on size.

Also read through these forums for windows movie maker.

http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Forums/Default.aspx

well i use final cut pro, but then again im a film student. I learned the basics on WMM. If ur just getting started, go for that..

and that Avon sig is amazing.

Thanks. I use Vegas at home, and Avid at school in TV Productions. I started as well on Windows Movie Maker, and it is user friendly, especially for a someone just starting.

true Vegas is underrated. I use it at home when im doing something not too serious. It's much easier to just sit down and get to work on Vegas than it is with Final Cut, Avid, or Premiere Pro. the only thing that would make it tough on somebody just getting started is the lack of a good razor tool.

I use Ulead Video Studio 11 to cut my own clips for the gifs I make from the games I downloaded on torrents at at tenyardtorrents.com. You can download a full 30 day trial at Ulead.com. Video Studio will convert to wmv but if you use another program you might need a converter since most of these games are done in avi or mpeg4 format if WMM only uses wmv. If I'm looking for a certain play I go to cbssportsline.com , NFL Scoreboard, and read through the full play by play for the time the play happened. That way I don't have to watch the entire game. Maybe this will help.

I use Ulead Video Studio 11 to cut my own clips for the gifs I make from the games I downloaded on torrents at at tenyardtorrents.com. You can download a full 30 day trial at Ulead.com. Video Studio will convert to wmv but if you use another program you might need a converter since most of these games are done in avi or mpeg4 format if WMM only uses wmv. If I'm looking for a certain play I go to cbssportsline.com , NFL Scoreboard, and read through the full play by play for the time the play happened. That way I don't have to watch the entire game. Maybe this will help.

so you're saying you download the entire game from tenyardtorrents and cut that up into diff clips?:logo:

so you're saying you download the entire game from tenyardtorrents and cut that up into diff clips?:logo:

Might seem like a lot of work and hard drive space but it's the only way I've found to get the exact video footage that I want. If I don't download the entire game then I'm limited to what I can find on other sites of highlights, which are few and what I can find on youtube. And the Ulead Studio program has a multi-trim feature that makes cutting out clips really easy.

ohh,crap.then i wont be able to do it on my comp cuz i got less than 200mb on my c drive

Yeah you will definitely need a bigger hard drive. I record the games directly to my computer then edit the video using Pinnacle. I have two computers that have a combined terabyte of space....so I got plenty of room.

Archived