Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why GW?

Peytskins47

Bottom line, what any of us think does not matter on who the next coach will be. We will just have to ride it out and see what happens.

I am just as gung ho as anybody about hiring from within, but I don't see that as being a possibility. I know we need to keep that staff and system/personel as is but-Saunders does not want the job from what I can tell and-Why GW? Does no one remember his stint in Buffalo? I just want to know what the thinking is. It is one thing to be a coordinator and be promoted, this happens all the time. But does track record as a head coach mean nothing?

Bottom line, what any of us think does not matter on who the next coach will be. We will just have to ride it out and see what happens.

I am just as gung ho as anybody about hiring from within, but I don't see that as being a possibility. I know we need to keep that staff and system/personel as is but-Saunders does not want the job from what I can tell and-Why GW? Does no one remember his stint in Buffalo? I just want to know what the thinking is. It is one thing to be a coordinator and be promoted, this happens all the time. But does track record as a head coach mean nothing?

GW had to rebuild the buffalo bills when he became their head coach. He didn't have the weapons that the Skins have now. If he were promoted to HC, that provide stability with the team. Just let him handle the sole responsibilites of the defensive playcalling, and let AS run the offense. All GW has to really do, is not screw up. As far as rebuilding a team, thats just one less thing he doesn't have to worry about.

Seemed to work out for the Patriots and Bill Belichick didn't it?

GW had to rebuild the buffalo bills when he became their head coach. He didn't have the weapons that the Skins have now. If he were promoted to HC, that provide stability with the team. Just let him handle the sole responsibilites of the defensive playcalling, and let AS run the offense. All GW has to really do, is not screw up. As far as rebuilding a team, thats just one less thing he doesn't have to worry about.

That sounds good. But, can he handle the additional chores of a head coach (the media, personel decisions, player discipline, etc.)? If so, I am up for the idea to keep the team together.

Does no one remember his stint in Buffalo? I just want to know what the thinking is. It is one thing to be a coordinator and be promoted, this happens all the time. But does track record as a head coach mean nothing?

Bill Bellichick had a bad stint once. It just wasn't his place. Besides, GW learned loads from Joe Gibbs as to how to coach. Not to mention, he still has Saunders to run teh offense.

Look at Wade Phillips his first coaching jobs weren't that game the same with that great 16-0 coach who had a losing record with cleveland. So don't use a failed experience as bad i think it just makes the more hungry and learn from their mistakes.

No kidding...Phillips, Bellichick, there's a list of successful coaches a mile long who struggled in their first go around.

How great were you at YOUR first job?

The fact is, GW has spent four years learning from a consummate professional and outstanding coach. He can't help but be better from the time he's put in with Gibbs.

It's such a no-brainer I can't even begin to list the reasons why GW is the best bet.

There's noone else I want to coach this team right now.

Archived