Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The night before Seattle

Dieselpower44

So here I am, been drinking for awhile but before I crash for the night I find myself on the ES forums, ignoring the threads about ignorant seahawk fans and media who are despearatly grasping at a reason to hate us, even if it means showing how classeless and retarded they are about Sean Taylor.

I don't want to read the threads about how Collins is our future because I Know he's 36 and our future is about 10 + years younger than he is. Collins has saved our season be he isn't the solution. We need Cambell playing at Collins' level.

I don't want to read the threads about how 5 weeks ago Gibbs was being ran out of football. You can say what you want about Gibbs, poor clock management, not opening up the offense, etc. what ever, the fact is he brings the possibility of the winning it all to this team. In the X number of years Gibbs was gone, I never had the feeling or excitment that I do when Gibbs is the coach, just for the fact that I know he can bring us to victory. When the chips are on the line, he can get the job done, that's all I want out of a coach. Yeah he might not win every game, but in 95% of them we have a chance to win, thats all I ask. I'm sure I'll get flamed for that, but what ever, I've seen our good years and I've seen our bad, I know our bad has come when Gibbs wasn't at the helm..

I don't want to read posts about how Betts should start over Portis, or how portis has lost a step, or how Champ is god and we messed up on the trade. You can hate portis all you want but the fact is, when he runs well we win and 2 of the last 3 years he helped carry our team into the playoffs. This guy runs, blocks, passes, catches, throws, inspires, and he never ****es when his backup is getting carries over him. This is a top 5 back in the league that gets his role and is a team player, if you don't see that and accept him as our starter than I don't think many backs will please you.

Soooo enough with my ranting, I am ready for kickoff tommorow. I'm ready for Rock to average returns to the 25-35 every kick off. I'm ready for randel el to field punts and dance but to not fumble on special teams, I'm ready for Ports to grind out 100 yards even if they don't come in 20+ yard chunks, I'm ready for moss and cooley to have decent games but not incredible games, I'm ready for our defense to show the nfl what a championship defense looks like, away, holding an opposing offense to hardly any big plays and very few scores. I'm ready for the media to pick us to lose in dallas, even though we should have won the first time, even though we beat their starters through 3 quarters the second time.

We might not be the best talent out there, we might not have gotten here by winning in a domminant fashion, but we're here, we didn't back into the play offs, we earned our spot, there is no one in this conference that we can't beat.

So here is a :cheers: for tommorow, weather we win or we lose, we will be a force to be reckoned with. Our fans are the best in sports. We are missing 5+ starters and the loss of the what could have been the best safety ever, we will however show that that we are not making excuses, we are playing as best as we can and we are winning like we belong here.

You can't take the pain that we feel away from us because you say it's time for us to move on and forget the best player that has graced our team in years, You can't take our desire away from us to go out there and win because Sean would have done the same, you can't get in our way of winning the NFC because we want it more than you and we will have it.

With that said, someone wake me up for the game tomorrow cause I'm hammered and ready for Seattle!

:dallasuck:point2sky

Archived