Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Not sure if y'all have been keeping up with Amir Khan's comments about the super fight but he basically said Mayweather took the easy route in avoiding him and fighting Manny. He also said the fight will be very boring. Dude is a delusional attention whore. But any way, Mayweather responds by offering to give him a ticket to the fight... smh

He's smoking that Oooh Wee if he really believes that he's on either of those 2's status levels. Got a feeling that Amir will be Floyd's opponent next after this fight, overseas. That do some good numbers.

Think Amir would be more difficult to game plan for than Manny (speed+reach+jab). I will give him that, though Floyd still beats him.

Also hearing that the contract stipulates the fighters only required to meet 3 times which will be the March 11 press conf, the fight week press conf, and the weigh-in on May 1st.

I really didn't expect a lot of press meets for this fight. It's been selling itself for years anyway.

Edited by Hail2TheHogs

That opponent could very well be Miguel Cotto.

Cotto's appearing on ESPN's First Take tomorrow and says he has a "big announcement."

Note to Cotto, we already got the big announcement 2 weeks ago.

• Like 1

That opponent could very well be Miguel Cotto.

Cotto's appearing on ESPN's First Take tomorrow and says he has a "big announcement."

Note to Cotto, we already got the big announcement 2 weeks ago.

He will prolly tell us he signed with Roc Nation.

Ok dont shoot the messenger but I've been hearing THE CRAZIEST "Cotto vs......" news all day. Didn't want to even post it bcuz I can't wven believe the **** myslf BUT I have been hearing whispers of RocNation takin a shot @ a Miguel Cotto vs Andre Ward fight for this summer. Crazy right?? Yea I know.

What's your opinion on the rumor that Al Hayman is paying guys not to spar with Pacquiao?

Could be true but I think if it were, more people would be on top of the story. Only person who has stamped it is the one makin the claim which is Freddie Roach. Bcuz if that, it borders on just simple being a convenient May 2nd excuse.

What's your opinion on the rumor that Al Hayman is paying guys not to spar with Pacquiao?

meaningless gamesmanship

As long as its simply money, I don't have an issue with it. If he were to start pulling fighters from cards, that would be something different.

Edited by StillUnknown

Ok dont shoot the messenger but I've been hearing THE CRAZIEST "Cotto vs......" news all day. Didn't want to even post it bcuz I can't wven believe the **** myslf BUT I have been hearing whispers of RocNation takin a shot @ a Miguel Cotto vs Andre Ward fight for this summer. Crazy right?? Yea I know.

Ive heard this too.

Its not happening.

In my opinion. Too big a weight difference and Ward is so much bigger and stronger than Cotto.

• Like 1

I'm thinking Thurman gets a late finish vs. Guerrero tomorrow night. Guerrero doesn't box like he used to, he's settled in to more of a pressure/brawling style that doesn't quite fit him. It makes for great action fights, but he leaves himself open to getting blasted by better fighters. Guerrero is a perfect gatekeeper kind of fighter, he won't beat the elites, but he'll fail fighters who aren't ready for the test. Thurman has shown he has the punch, but has also shown he has has the temperament not to let an opponent shake him from his game. This should be a good showcase for Thurman.

As for Broner, if he wants to be a quarter of the star he thinks he is, he needs to win and win in impressive fashion. Drop that godawful shoulder-roll defense he tries and be the offensively gifted fighter he should be with his handspeed and ability and punch in combinations.

Edited by StillUnknown