Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What position are we in need of most to rebuild next year in the draft/free agency?

walker77

Unless we go FA, CB will be our biggest concern, by far. OL will be fine with Jansen and Thomas coming back and the backups getting great game experience. The DL is a concern, but our secondary can be totally decimated. Springs can be gone and Rogers may not be back until late. Have a talented top CB to play and learn will be very important for the team short term and long term.

I think we need a stud WR (tall) in FA. I would look at Fitzgerald or someone in his mold. I also would look DE, or OL with the 1st rounder and OL in the 3rd-5th. I would consider another young stud TE in the draft. Grap a good blocking and athletic guy. We could run alot of singleback two WR sets, with two TE's. TE's are a difficult match up in the NFL and I believe having two good TE's would be a great benefit.

Since we signed Mix, I no longer think that we need to get a receiver. Our offensive line needs help along with getting another defensive end and defensive tackle. We also might need another cornerback depending on the severity of Rogers' injury.

Unfortunately we have no idea what Mix is capable of...:(

I think a big road grater to play left guard, somebody in the Derrick Dockery mode. I miss Dock but I agree with the front office when they did not want to overpay for him. a 6'6 350lb guard capable of mauling people at the point of attack. 2nd a DE, someone to complement Andrea Carter, someone who can play the run and the pass. 3rd depth everywhere.

i would say def end, wilson is doing well though. not knowing how long mcintosh will be out, some are saying two seasons, we may need another linebacker, and a corner back would be good. springs will be to expensive, and getting slower. rogers will be fine, and smoot is better as backup or nickel def. safety, may need a good one back there with landry. free agency and draft could provide what we need. can we afford it. well, as long as dan keeps making his cash available, i would think so. wont we be able to drop brunell now, and lloyd. offensive guard in case thomas has become a medical liability each year.

Seems to me that we need to draft players that will have an immediate positive impact first, I think we can all agree that the Browns benefitted immensely by addressing the OL initially.

Get monsters on our OL, and DL first, then you can still find a lot of decent TALL recievers in the 3rd round. The rest of the rounds we can use to boost our secondary. Seems like there are a lot of great LB's coming into this draft.

In any case, when you have that mix of proven veterans and youth at OL/DL, good things will happen.

Haha, no doubt that'd be great, but like you said, could we afford it? And would you draft a WR before DL, DB, or even OL? Those are our biggest needs, IMO. A big receiver is more of a luxury than a need at this point, especially if we keep Caldwell.

I wouldn't draft a WR before linemen, unless he was a uberspecial guy but with a low pick its doubtful...I would go after for a big WR in FA and a linemen in the top of the draft.

Sorry, we should not go after a receiver. A receiver rarely makes a huge impact on offense, unless they are TO or Randy moss where they constantly demand double teams.

If we build up our offensive line, with better protection, we can wait a little bit longer for receivers to get open and we can run the ball better.

See how that works?

Better line = less fumbles, less sacks, less stalled drives, less pressure on our QB, more time to throw, better running lanes, better rush numbers.

Yeah....but our O-line is playing great right now..and that's with Thomas and Jansen out. Heyer and Fabini are proven backups so to improve the team immediately means adding a WR (FA only) or all around DE (FA or draft) since Evans isn't great at stopping the run and Daniels can't rush. Drafting O-line would be for strictly future builiding and depth at this point which I agree is important, but can be done in the 2nd and 3rd rounds with the low 1st pick we have this year.

Honestly right now I dont think we have any GLARING needs. We could probably use help everywhere except QB, RB, TE (assuming Yoder sticks around), LB, and I guess P and K.

What we really need his depth.

A big WR would be great, but I think Moss and ARE are slid as starters when they are healthy.

A young CB we can groom behind Springs would be nice. But Smoot is solid and Roger is serviceable at least when he gets back. A dime back is what we really need, especially considering that Rogers may miss the beginning of next year. Macklin obviously isnt what we thought he would be... and I really don't think Torrence is the answer.

Youth on the OL is always great, interior lineman would be particularly useful. Everyone is getting older.

We could probably upgrade from Doughty at SS, but he has really played well recently.Another young safety would be nice at least for depth. Prioleau and Stoutmire are nearing the end of their run I think, Fox is much more than a special teamer.

DL is a position that has gone from a weakness to a relative strength. Monty and Golston have stepped up BIG. Griff isnt done yet. Carter has become the player we hoped he would be. I love Phillip Daniels and he's great against the run. And Chris Wilson looks like he could be coming the young, situational pass rusher we've been looking for. If a well-rounded stud DE falls to us at #21 I would take him, but it's no longer a must-have. The question is whether or not Wilson is good enough against the run to eventually succeed Daniels. If not, we are going to need that DE sooner rather than later.

I think Swishy and Frosty have once again done enough to hold onto their jobs.

Archived