Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For all the so called experts and Pundits who picked against us. . .

mcarey032

I am sorry, but what games have the experts been watching the last few weeks? I know that everyone loves AP and he is the second coming, but seriously, everyone who saw that Bears game should have seen the writing on the wall. There was no way that the Redskins were going to lose that game. When you have to rely on your quarterback to make good decisions and plays which apparently he doesn't have enough experience to do, what do people think is the likely outcome?

What is more intruiging to me is the fact that even after the Giants game people picked against us. We beat the Bears after an emotional week, we beat the giants in the Meadowlands, and now we beat the Vikings in Minneapolis. I listened to a couple of people who said that we were going to win nationally, but on Yahoo Sports, there was only one guy who picked us and the rest of the people picked against us. I am visiting here in Pittsburgh and the local people including Jerome Bettis picked against us. There was one guy on their panel who was an admitted Redskins fan picked us. Other than that, I think that most people expected us to collapse.

I don't really care about what the pundits say, what troubles me is the fact that these so called experts are supposed to know football. Don't they know we are pretty good against stopping the run? Don't they know that Minnesota was near last in pass defense and offense. A kid could have come up with the game plan and know how to stop the Vikings which was to stop the run and make Tavaris Jackson beat you. The Bears almost beat the Vikings with Kyle Orton last week. Everyone on ESPN wanted the Vikings to get into the playoffs and they thought we were going to be going home a loser.

In conclusion, all you national pundits who supposedly know football, screw you! You guys claim to watch and know football, but do you really pay attention. You all are like Billy Joe Tolliver, you all forgot your playbooks and don't know squat.

well here is the flip side. everyone is gonna pick us this week for the sole fact that we need the game and the cowboys dont. dallas is gonna have a " nothing to lose attitude." they are very dangerous. i am very scared about this game. when a team is carefree and loose they tend to play better.

I have just watched and read what is national. The Vikings were the darling of ESPN NFL live. I saw Stupid Salisbury say oh yeah the vikings and AP are going to be able to run blah blah blah and Darren Woodson, who I think is somewhat intelligent, also picked against us. I know he is a Cowboy, but he does have some good insight. A blindman could have seen that the Vikings who were playing at home last week got lucky last week and they should have lost. QB is one position in which you have to play near error free to win. Tavaris Jackson is not a real QB and Gregg Williams is a smart coordinator. He knows that in order to win, make Jackson beat you, because he couldn't. Conversely on offense, our passing game has improved over the last three weeks. If you can beat the Giants in the Meadowlands in Dec., you should know that that team is a very good opponent.

I really thought the giants would have defeated us and the vikings as well. It's common sense...really. This skins has been through some really rough times. Finding ways to loose game. Why are you so pissed of at the experts? Because they were wrong? Can you blame them? I'd thought they would loose against Viks tonight. Damn.

To me AP is great back, but because the media machine wants him to be the next greatest back they want to overlook the facts. I always liked Peterson and I thought he was going to be something great when I saw him back @ Oklahoma. However, it was like Vince Young last year. Everyone thought the year prior he should have won the heisman trophy. So to correct that error, they gave the trophy to Vince Young instead of Marques Colston, the true rookie of the year. Everyone thought last year that he was going to get the Titans into the playoffs and he didn't. They thought Vince was going to be the break out player this year. He wasn't. The media wants to annoit the next coming of someone, but ignore the facts or ignore what makes them great. Last week AP only had 78 yards against a bears defense who has been decimated by injury. He really didn't dominate the Bears last week. He scored 2 times. Once close in and once in from the 10. He wasn't all that dominate and yet everyone thought that AP was going to dominate. I am sorry, but people who are supposed to know football for a living really show their ignorance when they just make picks on a teams prior success. The Vikings escaped against the Bears at home. We had just played a playoff team on the road and beat them handily. DO YOUR HOMEWORK NATIONAL ANALYSTS!

The only good thing about the pundits picking against us is that it was probably good motivation.

The only reason we suffer from the lack of pundit love is that we have a disturbing tendancy to blow half-time leads and lose. Honestly, who among you didnt get that sinking feeling at the beginning the 4th quarter?

I'm a homer all the way and I do see our team evolving in positive ways.

HTTR and BEAT DALLAS!

I am sorry, but what games have the experts been watching the last few weeks? I know that everyone loves AP and he is the second coming, but seriously, everyone who saw that Bears game should have seen the writing on the wall. There was no way that the Redskins were going to lose that game. When you have to rely on your quarterback to make good decisions and plays which apparently he doesn't have enough experience to do, what do people think is the likely outcome?

What is more intruiging to me is the fact that even after the Giants game people picked against us. We beat the Bears after an emotional week, we beat the giants in the Meadowlands, and now we beat the Vikings in Minneapolis. I listened to a couple of people who said that we were going to win nationally, but on Yahoo Sports, there was only one guy who picked us and the rest of the people picked against us. I am visiting here in Pittsburgh and the local people including Jerome Bettis picked against us. There was one guy on their panel who was an admitted Redskins fan picked us. Other than that, I think that most people expected us to collapse.

I don't really care about what the pundits say, what troubles me is the fact that these so called experts are supposed to know football. Don't they know we are pretty good against stopping the run? Don't they know that Minnesota was near last in pass defense and offense. A kid could have come up with the game plan and know how to stop the Vikings which was to stop the run and make Tavaris Jackson beat you. The Bears almost beat the Vikings with Kyle Orton last week. Everyone on ESPN wanted the Vikings to get into the playoffs and they thought we were going to be going home a loser.

In conclusion, all you national pundits who supposedly know football, screw you! You guys claim to watch and know football, but do you really pay attention. You all are like Billy Joe Tolliver, you all forgot your playbooks and don't know squat.

I couldn't agree more!! If you search my posts I was among the few who thought the skins would dominate like they did. Everyone thought, including the pundits, that the vikes would win this one.

Like you, watching the vikes in past games, are only an explosive team when AP has game. Take him away and they are just as pathetic as the bears. We took away AP and they had nothing except that last drive in the 4 the period to make it 14.

I am not pissed because they picked against us. It just shows their football ignorance. The Vikings are a one dimensional team. They didn't show that they truly belonged among the playoff teams. They should have lost to the bears last week. They have been lucky. Tavaris Jackson as their decision maker isn't going to cut it for a playoff team. The Redskins did exactly what any good team would do. Take away the run and make the guy make throws and decisions and it worked.

I couldn't agree more!! If you search my posts I was among the few who thought the skins would dominate like they did. Everyone thought, including the pundits, that the vikes would win this one.

Like you, watching the vikes in past games, are only an explosive team when AP has game. Take him away and they are just as pathetic as the bears. We took away AP and they had nothing except that last drive in the 4 the period to make it 14.

I am telling you, you are absolutely right.How can you not see as well as our defense has been playing that we weren't going to win that game? Not to mention that our offense came out in two games prior and performed extremely well. One of those times on the road in terrible weather conditions. There was no reason to believe that we couldn't and shouldn't have dominated a one dimensional team like the vikings. A blind man could have seen it coming. Instead people want to use the Buffalo game as a marker as to how this team was going to perform the rest of the season. The Giants game was the true test for us as to whether or not we were a playoff team. We beat a team that secured and we beat them in the elements. Not to mention that it really wasn't a close game. Analysts to me are just lazy.

Archived