Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will sellers be ready for Dallas? (M.E.T.)

MIghtySKINS

(read: you are ignorant)

Not really.

What you quoted only said symptoms. He still could have been cleared to go back in IF and only IF he did not have those symptoms. Not everyone responds the same way to a concussion. A minor one and a player could be cleared to play after resting for a quarter or so. Sellers' clearly wasn't minor.

it doesn't matter if he was arguing with the trainers to get back on the field. he was knocked out cold and motionless for about 20 seconds. that is considered to be a severe concussion. they may have evaluated him yesterday and will so again on thursday but considering how long people like trent green, dan morgan, wayne chebret, troy aikman, steve young and the like were out when they had similar levels of concussions, i wouldn't be surprised if big mike didn't play. he can argue with the doctors all he wants, but if they don't see enough progress on the tests they give him (and he won't be able to fake it), then they'll bench him again.

i want him to play but not at the expense of his health.

Come on, it was just a massive concussion. Nothing to write home about.... kidding. Let me just say if it were up to Sellars, he'd be on the field in a heart beat. I can only hope the doctors agree...but we'll just have to see, that was some severe trauma he took to his brain. Even though he jogged off the field, those kind of injuries are quite serious.

Archived