Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fred Thompson getting ornery

Zguy28

Every single one of them will tell you they are going to roll back the income tax cut on the 35% bracket (back to 38.9%) and fix the AMT so it doesn't hit the middle class. So the richest 1% gets a tax increase and about 20% of the middle class gets a tax cut.

So is that a yes or a no?

So is that a yes or a no?

Questions have to be specific for yes and no answers. The original question for this thread was specific. Portisizzle's was not.

A debate moderator could ask "Will you fix the AMT to apply to the people it was originally intended for instead of middle class folks?" And every Dem would answer yes.

A debate moderator could ask "Will you roll back the tax cut for the richest one percent?" and again the answer would be yes.

A debate moderator could ask the DEMOCRATS "Is global warming affected by man-made air pollution?" and EVERY Democrat would answer "Yes."

Why can't Republicans answer yes? Because their platform is incoherent and half the base hates science anyway so they are screwed either way.

Why can't Republicans answer yes? Because their platform is incoherent and half the base hates science anyway so they are screwed either way.

Because the answer is no. Simpletons would need to hear why the answer is no. Assuming they would even listen.

Nevertheless the point of that exercise was not to gain information. Why was the slob running the show not interested in gaining information? Isn't her job designed to debate issues? How is raising hands debating?

Questions have to be specific for yes and no answers. The original question for this thread was specific. Portisizzle's was not.

A debate moderator could ask "Will you fix the AMT to apply to the people it was originally intended for instead of middle class folks?" And every Dem would answer yes.

A debate moderator could ask "Will you roll back the tax cut for the richest one percent?" and again the answer would be yes.

A debate moderator could ask the DEMOCRATS "Is global warming affected by man-made air pollution?" and EVERY Democrat would answer "Yes."

And if the question was- Do you think humans are the primary cause of the earth being warmer today than 100 years ago, all of the GOPers would answer NO.

The question was not a yes or no, it was two parts, and certainly nuanced.

So yes or no, will the Dem Pres raise taxes?

Ah BS. your question is not as specific. Bad analogy.

"Do humans have an effect on climate change?" is yes or no. Too bad your boys can't answer.

Nice try but that wasn't the question. It was " is GW a major threat and CAUSED by human activity". There's a difference between saying "caused" and "effect". Also, it's not about anyones boys, the point is it was a dumb question for dems or republicans.

Nice try but that wasn't the question. It was " is GW a major threat and CAUSED by human activity". There's a difference between saying "caused" and "effect". Also, it's not about anyones boys, the point is it was a dumb question for dems or republicans.

If the answer is no to one of them the answer is no.

For the simpletons: If you asked if Democrats will raise taxes the answer is yes.

edit: Then again if you asked if Democrats will lower taxes the answer is yes. :silly:

If the answer is no to one of them the answer is no.

For the simpletons: If you asked if Democrats will raise taxes the answer is yes.

You and I both know that there is no way any Dem candidate would answer that without explaining it.

Remember what happened to Mondale?

Midnight, I respect you. But on this your wrong. The question was basically "is Global Climate Change caused by humans?" It implied that we are the sole cause of climate change. Anybody with common sense should know this is not the truth.

The greenhouse gas effect is natural, without it the Earth would be too cold. And it fluctuates in cycles, but we are enabling its increase in warming effect at an accelerated rate and beyond natural limits by our activities. That's pretty much straight from NOAA.

Midnight, I respect you. But on this your wrong. The question was basically "is Global Climate Change caused by humans?" It implied that we are the sole cause of climate change. Anybody with common sense should know this is not the truth.

The greenhouse gas effect is natural, without it the Earth would be too cold. And it fluctuates in cycles, but we are enabling its increase in warming effect at an accelerated rate and beyond natural limits by our activities. That's pretty much straight from NOAA.

Yeah I just listened to it again and she certainly could have phrased it better. Of course they still might not have answered yes or no. But I think yes and no questions can be legit, they just have to be specific, and this particular question was not.

edit: But to be fair, I think it's safe to assume the Dems would have answered yes.

Would you object if she had asked "Does man-made air pollution have an effect on global warming?"

Good thing they've already explained this 1000 times then.

Not really. I take it he admitted taxes were actually necessary and people didn't want to hear that.

No, he said he was going to raise taxes. He carried 1 state.

Just apply the same standards MJ, if you expect the GOP to answer yes or no to a complex question, then you should expect the Dems to be able to do the same.

Yeah I just listened to it again and she certainly could have phrased it better. Of course they still might not have answered yes or no. But I think yes and no questions can be legit, they just have to be specific, and this particular question was not.

Would you object if she had asked "Does man-made air pollution have an effect on global warming?"

I wouldn't object at all. Yes and No questions are fine, they just need to be very specific. :)

edit: But to be fair, I think it's safe to assume the Dems would have answered yes.

dingdingding.

We have a winner.

Fred asked for the time to explain, when she said no, he refused for that very reason.

If she had asked the question you pose, then I think it would have been an easy answer. All of them would have answered yes.

As it was phrased (ignoring the elementary school show of hands), it was impossible to answer with a yes or no.

phew. Twice in one day now? I really need to leave.

Archived