Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What would our record be if TC had started the whole season

cnhnyy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

With our O-line we need a QB that can scramble. You think Manning would be as good if he didn't have all day to hop up and down in the same spot before he throws the ball?

no what you need a QB that can step in, not out with confident that has a QUICK RELEASE and that has a good sense of the system.

it's common sense. if you know that the Oline is bad, you know there will be more pressure. meaning, you step in when there is pressure, albeit, ur not gonna get away all the time, use the quick release you have and know the urgency of getting rid of the ball faster. along with good understanding of saudner's system, youll be alright regardless how bad the O line is. hard to understand? all that scrambling BS is for fantasy BS. stop dreamin son. you make it sound like JC scramble all the time. JC himself will tell you that he is a pcket Passer, not a scrambling QB.

When we go 4-0, you won't consider it such a joke.

??? cuz collins will be able to throw down field like mb??? geez, you would have thought collins just won the SB with all this talk. most folk would like to see the team finish at 9-7, so going 4-0 is fine in my book. just stop with all this collins crud (my guess is you are not as serious about collins as you poat)

Anyone remember Jeff Rutledge? He came off the bench and led the Redskins to a 41-38 comeback win against the Lions in 1990 when Mark Rypien was injured.

He threw for 350 yards and 4 touchdowns. At 36, he had the best game of his 13 year career and helped the Redskins make the playoffs with that win.

But nobody was mistaking that one game performance given his age and arm strength as a sign that the team should head in a new direction at the quarterback position.

The next season Mark Rypien, the object of much criticism in 1989 and 1990 for 'holding the team back', won a Super Bowl in 1991.

Of course if that dumb*** Coach Gibbs had started Collins at the beginning of last year we would be 32-0 after winning last years super bowl and only 6 mores victories from the 3rd undefeated season in NFL history. I also think Collins would have convinced the Democrats and Republicans on capital hill to all agree on all bills brought before congress. KUMBI YA MY LORD!! LMAO

Significantly worse.

He is not a good quarterback and will probably prove as much very quickly.

The best we can hope for is that our recent defensive performances are real and become more consistent, our running game returns with a healthy but blooded Randy Thomas, that we get the benefit of the annual crash of the Giants and Vikings along with the benefit that the Cowboys will have everything wrapped up. If we win out, these will be the reasons, not TC playing great (he does have to manage the games, though).

I'm sorry but this is a really dumb thread. Your asking the forum to guess what our record might be with another QB but since were guessing how would you know he would never have gotten hurt? TC could as likely have won us more games then JC as he could have played one series against Miami and been out for the year. These kind of posts takes away from the feel good moment of the minute. The answer is there is no way to know this really so why ask the question?

Let's hold off on the knee jerk reactions until AFTER the Giants game. YES, he had a GOOD 2 quarters of football, but lets just wait and see if he can have a good GAME against an NFE EAST opponent.

You freaks act like you hope he f's up so you can say "I told you so".

Get out! :doh:

Geez.

Another what if game.

He played one part of one game.

I don't have........nor do you........an idea of what could of, would of happened.

QBs get too much of the credit when a team wins and too much of the blame for a loss. We win the last 4, it'll NOT be because of TC though some will think so.

Anyone remember Jeff Rutledge? He came off the bench and led the Redskins to a 41-38 comeback win against the Lions in 1990 when Mark Rypien was injured.

He threw for 350 yards and 4 touchdowns. At 36, he had the best game of his 13 year career and helped the Redskins make the playoffs with that win.

But nobody was mistaking that one game performance given his age and arm strength as a sign that the team should head in a new direction at the quarterback position.

The next season Mark Rypien, the object of much criticism in 1989 and 1990 for 'holding the team back', won a Super Bowl in 1991.

Well bulldog sounds like were going to the Super Bowl...

9/23 NY Giants at FedEx, our offense had the lead, if I'm not mistaken the defense folded.

10/14 Packers at FedEx, offense fumbled Woodson returned for game winning score.

11/11 Philly at FedEx, defense let Westbrook kill us. Another game we had that the efense folded.

11/18 at Cowboys...we held our own against a good team without ST...we just didn't play well enough.

11/25 at Tampa...same as above...JC played well until Ronde's pick.

12/2 Bills at FedEx, Defense folded.

Personally, I think we'd be the same or worse if TC as QB. Thing is IF our WRs and OL were healthy all year and poor play when we had a lead we'd be 11-2 right now

... but JC is the QB of the future and I think you all know that, but are just frustrated at our bad fortune this season.

I have a problem with this reasoning.

I like JC, but I'm a realist. We are told by most JC supporters that we can't judge him based on his past performance because he hasn't fully developed yet and he will get better.

However, these same people somehow have reached the conclusion that JC is "the future" based on the same data. :doh:

Unbelievable illogic!

what the hell!!! this guy had a decent game and you gotta start glorifying the guy? 50 of his yards came from that one portis play.

Agreed. And what kind of passes did he throw, check downs almost the whole time. TD to yoder and about 4 other passes were not check downs that's it. Todd Collins is a career backup and thats it. He is a good backup, he is capable of winning games and that is what we want in a backup.

This is the whole reason why he is no 2 and Brunell is not. Todd can win and mark has showed he blows.

Archived