Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ray Lewis Pre-Game Speech (for #21)

Skinsfan_70

Not a fan, i saw it and don't buy his sincerety.

If someone sees you crying about a friend of yours that died and says the same thing you would be mad at them for judging you. Why is it insincere and why do you even think to judge?

They should use Rex Ryan for one of those "Want to get away?" commercials.

Maybe use him and Gibbs in the same commercial.

Is it me or am I the only one tired of the Ray Lewis act?

What act?

Yes last night the Ravens played like the Redskins should have playes. I was more proud of the Ravens carrying the Sean Taylor flag than the Redskins. Ray lewis and the gang played like ST was a Raven not a Skin.

No. The Ravens played a great game because of one major difference. They're not the Redskins. Big difference in circumstances there. I myself am proud of the Redskins for going out and doing their best under very sad circumstances. The Ravens, as a whole, didn't have that obstacle to face. Of course, another noted difference is that the Ravens weren't playing without Sean Taylor on the field.

The U definitely showed up for Taylor this weekend....too bad none but Wilfork got the W.

That Ray Lewis scene tells the entire story...Taylor's loss hurts us all and deeply.

Hey don't forget about Reggie Wayne and the Colts he put up some big numbers for ST this weekend and they got the victory....props to Ed Reed, Willis McGahee and Ray Lewis played their hearts out there for Sean!!

Some of the quotes I remember from his speech:

"Sean is the only thing we're playing for tonight. You understand that? Not a game. This is family right now. One of our brothers has gone home to rest. Let's send him home right."

Then the Ravens proceed to lose?

Lewis is a bigmouth who cannot back it up with his play anymore.

Dude, seriously? are you going to actually say that? The skins lost too.. in a more of a ugly fashion then the ravens did, and this was 52 of ST's Pro teamsmates vs. 3 of his former college, and the former college ones on the Ravens played outstanding! They 3 played better then the whole skins team.

The ravens also played and almost beat the best team in the NFL.. so really man.. shut up

I don't like the Ravens, but their 3 from the U played great for Sean, and I respected that the whole night.

Dude, seriously? are you going to actually say that? The skins lost too.. in a more of a ugly fashion then the ravens did, and this was 52 of ST's Pro teamsmates vs. 3 of his former college, and the former college ones on the Ravens played outstanding! They 3 played better then the whole skins team.

The ravens also played and almost beat the best team in the NFL.. so really man.. shut up

I don't like the Ravens, but their 3 from the U played great for Sean, and I respected that the whole night.

Thank you ... I dont like the Ravens at all, but if you watched that game, McGahee, Lewis, and Reed played inspired football. They sucked all year long except last night ...

HAIL #21

Well, if you hotshot wannabe judges actually saw the full thing last night you'd know he also said in that huddle "it's not about the outcome of the game. It's how we play. Give everything you got tonight for that man and for his family."

But yeah, hey, we didn't just watch the media completely trash Sean without knowing the first thing about him so the obvious thing to do would be to continue that tradition and judge athletes' character and sincerity based on misperceptions without knowing the first thing about the man.

Think about it for a second guys. Just really think about it before the next time you speak on what you think about a certain player, especially outside of what you can see in the realm of football. It does a disservice to everyone.

i dont even know what on here to say because of some people's ignorance. ugh.

here - i got it.

Thank you, Mr. Lewis, Mr. McGahee, and Mr. Reed, for showing true class. Thank you to the rest of the players from the U for remembering a fallen brother, friend and teammate. And thank you for playing hard like my hero. it helps the grief a little bit.

And to the rest of you pessimistic, depressing, ignorant people on here, and I am asking nicely and from my heart, please stop posting. it just makes me sad.

Well, if you hotshot wannabe judges actually saw the full thing last night you'd know he also said in that huddle "it's not about the outcome of the game. It's how we play. Give everything you got tonight for that man and for his family."

Dude, do you have the full video? and if so, can you post it?

This is why I started this thread, I am looking for that vid.

Many thanks.

R.I.P. 21

Not a fan, i saw it and don't buy his sincerety.

then you need to educate yourself on the bond of the UM guys

when people say that ray is like a godfather of sorts to the cane family.....they arent kidding

he takes the younger guys under his wing each and every year and mentors them

i dont know about anything else.......but when it comes to the canes.....ray is as sincere as they get

1) It was not about the "win" -- as Ray said, "its not about who wins the game"

2) Ray played like a monster last night - he brought his A game

3) The Ravens were one erroneous timeout away from beating the Patriots

Dude, do you have the full video? and if so, can you post it?

This is why I started this thread, I am looking for that vid.

Many thanks.

R.I.P. 21

I wish I did man, I saw it live and they replayed it closer to it's entirety later in the game but I've yet to see the rest of it replayed since the game. I wanted to keep listening, too, because they panned the camera off the 3 man huddle while Ray was still talking in addition to leaving out those parts in the later replays.

Thank you, Mr. Lewis, Mr. McGahee, and Mr. Reed, for showing true class. Thank you to the rest of the players from the U for remembering a fallen brother, friend and teammate. And thank you for playing hard like my hero. it helps the grief a little bit.

sad.

I couldn't have said it any better. Those 3 played for Sean and played hard.

It was really touching to see Ray, Ed, and Willis come together like that in the beginning. As private as Sean was, I had no idea that he had so much respect and love around the league. I know now, and it really hit me in the heart to see Ray crying like that, trying so hard to be strong and brave for Sean. My respect for those 3 has gone up big time. I don't have nearly as much disrespect for the Ravens now.

:notworthy To Ray Lewis, Willis McGahee, and Ed Reed.

Archived