Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will watching The Redskins ever be the same?

Riggins Seventy Chip

Its gonna take a really long time. I think the fact that he has been injured and missed the last 2 games won't make it as real yet, but I know in 2 or 3 weeks when I expected him back, and hes not there, it will hit me again.

Im never going to feel the same when I see a qb throw a deep ball over the middle. I always had so much confidence in Sean, I would just wait for the camera to pan to see him standing there waiting to pick it off. We're probably never gonna have a player that I trusted that much again

Its gonna take a really long time. I think the fact that he has been injured and missed the last 2 games won't make it as real yet, but I know in 2 or 3 weeks when I expected him back, and hes not there, it will hit me again.

Im never going to feel the same when I see a qb throw a deep ball over the middle. I always had so much confidence in Sean, I would just wait for the camera to pan to see him standing there waiting to pick it off. We're probably never gonna have a player that I trusted that much again

I don't know, we had Darrell Green for 20 years covering receivers....I trusted him. Someone else will come along. I'm being positive.

No to me it just doesn't matter anymore. Im hurt and sadden and watching them is always goin to make me think "what if sean was playing".....We lost our BEST PLAYER...no team as ever lost there alpha male. The "what ifs" will always be in my mind and I hope the redskins can recover as a team from this and be successful for many seasons to come. Im goin to the game this Sunday but out of respect for Sean and not for the game itself. However I will not go to the last two games as its just to painful for me to sit through.

As much as we all admired ST, time heals all wounds.

Of course we'll be back to normal. It'll just take a little while.

And if we get a new killer safety next year, it will be like getting a new puppy when your old faithful dog died.

You never forget him...but now you have a new pup depending on you, so that gets your focus.

I know that sounds kinda insensitive maybe, and save your "So you're comparing Sean Taylor to a dog now?" replies please.

People know what I mean.

As much as we all admired ST, time heals all wounds.

Of course we'll be back to normal. It'll just take a little while.

And if we get a new killer safety next year, it will be like getting a new puppy when your old faithful dog died.

You never forget him...but now you have a new pup depending on you, so that gets your focus.

I know that sounds kinda insensitive maybe, and save your "So you're comparing Sean Taylor to a dog now?" replies please.

People know what I mean.

I hear you...No there will never be another Sean. We can't replace him. However we need to cheer, support and love his replacement. Sean would of wanted that.

Archived