Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why ST21 was my favorite

#1njskinsfan

I did not know ST21 as a person, I first knew him as a fearless player that played safety for the hurricanes. He was the starting safety on that team and was bigger than the starting MLB (vilma) had the mirrored visor and DOMINATED fsu in the rain.

When it came to the draft and the debate was Taylor or Winslow. My friend and I were talking about who to take, he was sold on Winslow, I told him Taylor 100% just think a bigger ED REED!! He came to see the light and when the skins took him we both were soooooo pumped that our D was going to be nasty (at the time we were hoping LA56 would fulfill his potential).

He did not get off on the right foot, but I did not sour on him as a player. I had a feeling he was going to do great things for this team. As I watched him over the last 4 years he was clearly became my favorite Redskin, through and through. I was easy for me cause my favorite Redskin until ST21 was Alvin Walton a hard hitting safety as well. I played football in high school and college and you always heard coaches say all the time 100% give and go 100%!!! Well I admit there were times when I took a play of here and there, did not hustle to the other side of the field, or gave up on a play. I knew I was slacking once in awhile on the field, I was tried, hurt or just to worn out to move at 100%, but I thought everyone did it at least once in awhile……until I saw ST21 play!

This is the reason I loved watching him play every Sunday for my team and he was my favorite player….He played every play like it was his last!!! He played every play like I wish I did and should have. He played every play like every player should play….. He played like a beast in college when he was playing for the love of the game, and when he was in the NFL making a kings ransom to play a kids game, he played it like he was not getting a nickel. So weather it is pop warner, high school, college, nfl, cfl, arena even a dam flag league, play every play 100% all the time cause it can be done….just remember ST21 did it!

If you wish, feel free to tell your reasons

He was my favorite player by far. A ball hawking, high jumping, hard hitting, hell of a football player. Also a hell of a man. Off the field, in four years here I never heard a fan or a teammate say anything bad about him. I would always defend him when media trained skins fans and others would try and label him for some stuff that happened years ago. I never let a slight on his character go unchallenged. I sure as hell never let a slight on his football ability go unchallenged either.

No player had ever caught my passion like him, I was convinced he was going to be greatest. And thats how I am going to remember him, as the greatest redskins of my time.

In terms of talent, ST might have been our best player. He hit like a hammer, ran like a deer. I remember after the Dallas game how everyone was like T.O. wouldn't have done that if ST was back there. Even my friends who roll with the Cowboys would mention that they were scared of ST. Damn!!!

Sean was by far my favorite Redskin ever since the Redskins drafted him. I knew he was going to be a star the moment he stepped onto the field. His heart and soul was into every play. Every time we needed a big play, #21 was there to make it for us. He matured in front of our very eyes, today is truly a sad day.

RIP Sean, you will be missed.

:logo:

I love that Sean was able to see that the way he was living his life was not right and began to it turn around. He was able to take the aggression from his personal life and transfer that into passion on the field. He was a smart player and emerging team leader. I really believe he was on the path to greatness both as a player and a father.

this is so friggin painful. i cannot imagine this team not having 21 back there. its going to be so unreal seeing this team take the field for the next 10 years without that man. just knowing that ill never see him lay wood to anyone ever again, or make a clutch int ever again, or see him in the probowl ever again is maybe the worst feeling a sports fan can have. he was my favorite player and one of the best ive ever seen.

ill say it again: the world lost an incredible person today, and im not sure this franchise will ever be the same. i could care less how this season pans out, its just not the same without him, and wont be for a long long time.

His passion for the game was only exceeded by his performance on the field.

It did my heart so much good to hear after his daughter was born that he was getting his life back together.

He was a true franchise player. Not just on the field. But the way he impacted every player around him. There was enough said when no player or coach could say something without choking up.

Archived