Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What happened to the Redskins team in this video?

Zguy28

Right now, we're probably not in a situation yet where we have to win out to make the playoffs. 9-7 will probably wind up doing the trick. But the stretch is not going to have the same feeling as 2005. Those games at FedEx against Dallas and New York, both of which had very much to play for, were intense, and then having to go up to Philly to clinch? The Bills and the Bears? Not exactly the same cache. The game at the Meadowlands will probably be the one with the most intensity, but many of us will be watching from TV instead of being there. The finale against Dallas has a lot of potential, particularly if we have to win.....even if Romo sits to pee doesn't play, we might see "Bad" Johnson in there!

The game at the Meadowlands will probably be the one with the most intensity, but many of us will be watching from TV instead of being there. The finale against Dallas has a lot of potential, particularly if we have to win.....even if Romo sits to pee doesn't play, we might see "Bad" Johnson in there!

I'm with you that the meadowlands game will be big. I would compare the giants game this year to the eagles game in 05' where we had to go up there to clinch a playoff spot. It's going to be a heated game especially if we are 8-5 going in

The 2005 season was a fluke.

The Redskins got lucky against the Cowboys on MNF.

The Eagles had a very bad season.

The Redskins were 5-1 in their division.

That was also the season the Redskins lost to every team in the AFC West.

Their last 5 games were Rams, Cards, Cowboys, Giants and Eagles. Cowboys and Giants were home games.

What are you talking about? What about Washington's losses. One to Tampa Bay where Alstott didn't really get the 2 point conversion. The Chargers game were a holding penalty led to them missing a field goal. The KC and Denver losses were games that they outplayed both of them. The Denver game was 28 first downs to 12. They went a stretch of something like 6 games without getting a turnover and still had a winning record. They were up 30+ points on teams early in the third quarter twice. They beat the top two seeds in the NFC (Chicago and Seattle who combined for 5-7 losses on the year and two of them were to Washington. Add in that they beat the Giants and beat Tampa Bay in the playoffs--so they beat every division winner in the NFC that year. They also beat Dallas twice.

I have never understood why many fans on this site try to tear down their success in 2005. They were a very, very good team. They had a very difficult schedule that year and played 14 excellent regular season games. The other two: they had one loss to a team with a losing record (Oakland) and the Wellington Mara tribute game witht Giants.

Sure the offense struggled in the playoffs, but they were also down quite a few offensive players. Say what you will, Seattle wasn't able to do much more on offense in that game than Washington. Their defense was playing excellent at the right time of year. If Brunell was completely healthy or Rogers makes the Int they would have won that game, but drops and playing hurt are part of the game.

But they were a very good team in 2005 and actually much better than a 10-6 record.

I got choked up watching that video...

2005 seems like so l...o...n...g a...g...o...

That catch by 89, diving for the ball between 2 cowturds, I

still think it was a TD.

CP had it right, 2 L 2 Q. (To Legit to Quit) Thats the attitude we need from now on this year to duplicate what da '05 SKINS accomplished.

Have to laugh at people calling 2005 a fluke. So I guess it was a fluke that Indy got hot at the end of last year and won it all (people had written them off earlier in the year) Same with Pittsburgh the year before. The team got hot and won games at the right time. This team is very capable of the same. Beating TB, Chic, Buff, and Minn are legitimate possibilities. We have shown we can play with both the Giants and Dallas so who knows. Get a three game winning streak going and those last three with the Giants , Minny, and Dallas get a lot more interesting. You dont think that if we win 4 of 5 that the team won't be jacked to play Dallas in DC at the end of the year.

That video is great! Nice work!! I love the "You Suck" at the beginning.

The difference in the 2005 stretch run is that the team played with confidence and they played to WIN.

If this 2007 team plays to win and not to lose we will go to the playoffs. If they go ultra conservative like they done in some games this season, the playoffs won't happen.

This team must GO FOR THE KILL in order to make any type of run.

Archived