Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I just had a scary thought!

corrupt3d

I don't think Jerry Jones has even said the words "Darren McFadden" in public, but if you can prove me wrong, I'm listening.

I don't think the Cowboys will give up 2 draft picks for a running back. They might take a guy like Stewart or Slaton in the 1st, but even that sounds like a stretch.

Not sure he's ever said the words in public, but the internet is abuzz with Jones loving McFadden, for what it's worth. Also, I've heard from a few big Cowboys fans friends of mine that they think the team is gunning for McFadden.

Not sure he's ever said the words in public, but the internet is abuzz with Jones loving McFadden, for what it's worth. Also, I've heard from a few big Cowboys fans friends of mine that they think the team is gunning for McFadden.

I'm sure Jones loves McFadden since he's a good talent and goes to Arkansas, but I'd bet the farm we won't get McFadden even if we could package our picks to move up and get him. We have more pressing needs than running back. A good 3rd down back to compliment MBIII would be ideal and wouldn't cost a first rounder.

If I remember correctly, there were rumors and some statements from Jerry Jones himself about the Cowboys inquiring about a trade package to move up in the very early picks in this past season's draft. It was believed that they were trying to go after Adrian Peterson. They decided against it when other teams were asking for more than what the Cowboys were willing to give up.

He's had his issues. He's been better this year though. Either way, we still need an upgrade to Hamlin to go next to him. :)

Actually, of all their holes right now (and, of course, having good lines masks their holes against most teams) I do tend to think that safety is probably the main one. CB depth may be questionable too - beyond Newman (who I've thought is good, but overhyped) and Henry (who actually gets too little respect in general, but too much from Cowboys fans in my opinion) I'm not sure they have good depth there.

Again, good lines and a decent defensive scheme helps mask their holes.

On offense, I'm not sure they have a key hole. I think the main place they can upgrade is probably RB - and MB might be better off not being a sole featured back which appears to be the direction they've moved (it seems that Jones and MB have switched roles). So in that regard, McFadden makes sense unless there's a key DB available at that time.

Archived