Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Set the record straight.

Jethrodsp

Spot on, I agree completely with the entire post, especially the part about Gibbs. It's not so much that I want to run him out of town. It's that I realize it almost certainly ain't gonna happen in the time he's got left, not with the amount of work still to be done. Excellent post, I appreciated it very much.

Just look at the talent level on this team and say to yourselves are we better, the answer is yes. Unfortunately Gibbs seems to be uncomfortable with the way the game is played today and I think he is simply too old to be a head coach in today's NFL but I would love for him to stay on a as GM or talent scout or something. As for young head coach's to look at I think we should look at Mike Singletary or Russ Grim. Singletary has done a nice job with a young 49ers D and Grim has shaped up the Arizona o-line.

Just look at the talent level on this team and say to yourselves are we better, the answer is yes. Unfortunately Gibbs seems to be uncomfortable with the way the game is played today and I think he is simply too old to be a head coach in today's NFL but I would love for him to stay on a as GM or talent scout or something. As for young head coach's to look at I think we should look at Mike Singletary or Russ Grim. Singletary has done a nice job with a young 49ers D and Grim has shaped up the Arizona o-line.

To all you guys who want Gibbs to leave, be careful what you wish for. You guys are spoiled rotten. How would you like to be a Jets fan at 1-7 right now? I don't want to go through a rebuilding process again.Were 4-3 and have a great D. Our offense is struggling because of our injuries to our O-line for the most part. I do agree that Saunders needs to make some adjustments and get the ball out of Campbell's hands faster. He needs to call more quick slants and hit the WRs in stride and not those damn post routes that take to long to develop or WR screens that never hardly work.(except when Brandon Lloyd caught one, but they never play him anymore)If Saunders doesn't fix this thing soon, Gibbs should take over the playcalling.

To all you guys who want Gibbs to leave, be careful what you wish for. You guys are spoiled rotten. How would you like to be a Jets fan at 1-7 right now? I don't want to go through a rebuilding process again.Were 4-3 and have a great D. Our offense is struggling because of our injuries to our O-line for the most part. I do agree that Saunders needs to make some adjustments and get the ball out of Campbell's hands faster. He needs to call more quick slants and hit the WRs in stride and not those damn post routes that take to long to develop or WR screens that never hardly work.(except when Brandon Lloyd caught one, but they never play him anymore)If Saunders doesn't fix this thing soon, Gibbs should take over the playcalling.

my only problem with the comments on campbell is that, while he may have a td -int ratio on 1 to 1, he has only thrown for 6 TD's this year. not even one per game.

The Redskins have had no running game to speak of which has contributed to their ability to sustain drives, especially in the second half. Because of this, Jason Campbell does not get many good chances to even throw the ball into the endzone.

Also, Santana's Moss' play has been poor and the offensive line situation has dictated that there be fewer options in the passing game.

Besides that, Jason Campbell needs to be quicker in his decisions and get the ball out of his hands even if it means getting outside the pocket and throwing it away.

my only problem with the comments on campbell is that, while he may have a td -int ratio on 1 to 1, he has only thrown for 6 TD's this year. not even one per game.

The Redskins have had no running game to speak of which has contributed to their ability to sustain drives, especially in the second half. Because of this, Jason Campbell does not get many good chances to even throw the ball into the endzone.

Also, Santana's Moss' play has been poor and the offensive line situation has dictated that there be fewer options in the passing game.

Besides that, Jason Campbell needs to be quicker in his decisions and get the ball out of his hands even if it means getting outside the pocket and throwing it away.

You also have to look at Derek Anderson who came out of the same draft. He's got a 2 to 1 td-int ratio this year with a new OC.

You also have to look at Derek Anderson who came out of the same draft. He's got a 2 to 1 td-int ratio this year with a new OC.

I wish more posters had the sense that you do. You're exactly right, we are where we should be. It's rare that a young QB leaps to excellence like Manning, Brady, and Palmer did. Campbell has shown signs of improvement even if his numbers aren't great. You have to remember our line has gotten beaten up more and more every week which has made his job more difficult. Gibbs is still a good coach, and we have a WINNING record. Yea we got blown out by the Pats, but so have 6 other teams. Clinton is going to be fine as long as we can open some holes for him, the guy can't run through walls. As Campbell develops, and our team gets healthy we are going to be a great team. If we can get Randy back and sneak into the playoffs we could be a team no one wants to play.

I wish more posters had the sense that you do. You're exactly right, we are where we should be. It's rare that a young QB leaps to excellence like Manning, Brady, and Palmer did. Campbell has shown signs of improvement even if his numbers aren't great. You have to remember our line has gotten beaten up more and more every week which has made his job more difficult. Gibbs is still a good coach, and we have a WINNING record. Yea we got blown out by the Pats, but so have 6 other teams. Clinton is going to be fine as long as we can open some holes for him, the guy can't run through walls. As Campbell develops, and our team gets healthy we are going to be a great team. If we can get Randy back and sneak into the playoffs we could be a team no one wants to play.

No doubt. Anderson is playing well. Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow are playing outstanding. I would darn near kill to get Jason Campbell a guy like Braylon Edwards on the outside.

No doubt. Anderson is playing well. Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow are playing outstanding. I would darn near kill to get Jason Campbell a guy like Braylon Edwards on the outside.

There are a couple points that I want to address.

4.The Team in General

--The Redskins are 4-3. That is how good they are. With a young QB, a beat up offensive line and a very good defense they have a chance to make a playoff run but Im not expecting much more. They are neither as good as their thrashing of the Lions nor as bad as their thrashing by the Patriots. I think there are enough proud veterans on this team to get the collective mindset back where is needs to be to win some more football games but the bottom line is there are players that just need to step up and make plays. Wide recievers need to get seperation. Back up linemen need to win at the line of scrimmage. Coaches need to find a way to generate some sort of second half offense and move the chains. Critical division games loom in the second half of the season and we play in the toughest division in football. Gut check right now. Handle the Jets this week and your half way to 10-6...quite good considering the circumstances if you ask me.

That's my :2cents: .

Hail Skins.

Well said!! The bolded portion is dead on!

There are a couple points that I want to address.

4.The Team in General

--The Redskins are 4-3. That is how good they are. With a young QB, a beat up offensive line and a very good defense they have a chance to make a playoff run but Im not expecting much more. They are neither as good as their thrashing of the Lions nor as bad as their thrashing by the Patriots. I think there are enough proud veterans on this team to get the collective mindset back where is needs to be to win some more football games but the bottom line is there are players that just need to step up and make plays. Wide recievers need to get seperation. Back up linemen need to win at the line of scrimmage. Coaches need to find a way to generate some sort of second half offense and move the chains. Critical division games loom in the second half of the season and we play in the toughest division in football. Gut check right now. Handle the Jets this week and your half way to 10-6...quite good considering the circumstances if you ask me.

That's my :2cents: .

Hail Skins.

Well said!! The bolded portion is dead on!

After many days of fuming my better-half remarked on the same thing. But everything goes hand in hand. Better o-line with no injuries, Jason gets time to make some plays, Clinton gets room to make plays, defense gets time to rest and make plays......This helped me put it into perspective. Thanks and Hail Redskins

After many days of fuming my better-half remarked on the same thing. But everything goes hand in hand. Better o-line with no injuries, Jason gets time to make some plays, Clinton gets room to make plays, defense gets time to rest and make plays......This helped me put it into perspective. Thanks and Hail Redskins

It still blows my mind that people can't see that this is the 04-05 offense right here and hardly resembles an Al Saunders creation. 2 and 3 man route combinations? That's old school Gibbs, Saunders never does that. The offensive gameplaning and playcalling has Gibbs' fingerprints all over it, more so than Saunders. Do you guys really not see this?

It still blows my mind that people can't see that this is the 04-05 offense right here and hardly resembles an Al Saunders creation. 2 and 3 man route combinations? That's old school Gibbs, Saunders never does that. The offensive gameplaning and playcalling has Gibbs' fingerprints all over it, more so than Saunders. Do you guys really not see this?

Archived