Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins offensive ranks since 2000:

CliffBattles

open your eyes for 2 PROBLEMS.

1)This team has no QB. 2)This team has predictable playcalling.

The offensive line injuries simply give the blind a convenient excuse.

i don't know what we have in QB b/c the play calling is predictable and uncreative. who knows what we have in JC? i think he's played fine but anyone can throw short all day.

Thats amazing we didn't have o-line problems those years did we. So like I have already said its not the o-line people. Its the coaching take off the Gibbs glasses and realize the real problem (COACHING).

If its coaching, then Turner, Schottenheimer, Spurrier, and Gibbs all have failed at producing offense. Funny, but Turner, Schottenheimer, Spurrier and Gibbs have all been able to produce offense with other FOs.

Its pretty clear to me, that the type of player that Turner wanted, was ill suited for Schottenheimer, the type of player Schottenheimer wanted was ill suited for Spurrier and the type of player the Spurrier wanted was ill suited for Gibbs. I don't think any of the coaches in the Snyder era had the players they wanted.

Thats amazing we didn't have o-line problems those years did we. So like I have already said its not the o-line people. Its the coaching take off the Gibbs glasses and realize the real problem (COACHING).

If its coaching, then Turner, Schottenheimer, Spurrier, and Gibbs all have failed at producing offense. Funny, but Turner, Schottenheimer, Spurrier and Gibbs have all been able to produce offense with other FOs.

Its pretty clear to me, that the type of player that Turner wanted, was ill suited for Schottenheimer, the type of player Schottenheimer wanted was ill suited for Spurrier and the type of player the Spurrier wanted was ill suited for Gibbs. I don't think any of the coaches in the Snyder era had the players they wanted.

How many years did we give those coaches to develop there players? I know Schottenheimer was fired after one year. When our team went from 0-5 to 8-8. Sounds like he was turning the team around to me.

How many years did we give those coaches to develop there players? I know Schottenheimer was fired after one year. When our team went from 0-5 to 8-8. Sounds like he was turning the team around to me.

If the Skins get a good OLine... EVERYTHING that is wrong with them will be fixed.

Without a good Oline you can't have...

-a decent running a game. Line opens holes.

-ability to pass deep (since the defense doesn't have to defend the run, they don't play close to the line of scrimmage)

-decent amount of time for the QB to look for open receivers.

-decent amount of time for the QB to WAIT for WR's to get open.

Everything that is wrong with the offense comes down to the OLine.

If the Skins get a good OLine... EVERYTHING that is wrong with them will be fixed.

Without a good Oline you can't have...

-a decent running a game. Line opens holes.

-ability to pass deep (since the defense doesn't have to defend the run, they don't play close to the line of scrimmage)

-decent amount of time for the QB to look for open receivers.

-decent amount of time for the QB to WAIT for WR's to get open.

Everything that is wrong with the offense comes down to the OLine.

I think this current offense, wherever it currently ranks, isn't bad but it's not good either. I think though that this offense if you put it back in time to say 2003, 2004 or even 2005 it would be very, very good. I think there's a problem here, that this offense, while sound, is not breaking any new ground. I think part of this is that while you have to have a running game in today's NFL the passing game has steadily gained prominence. Unless you have a stellar running back like Tomlinson you're not going to be able to pound a decent defense. Even still, the Chargers have to spread it around to gates and their other young receivers. My point is, that, well - Much of this season (as I had expected) would rely much on the development of the receivers. In particular Brandon Lloyd. This hasn't worked out. If you think about it - If instead of Brandon Lloyd the Redskins signed a true dominant reciever, perhaps what they were hoping for in Lloyd, their offense would be about 20% - 30% better.....and they'd be 6-1 right now.

I think this current offense, wherever it currently ranks, isn't bad but it's not good either. I think though that this offense if you put it back in time to say 2003, 2004 or even 2005 it would be very, very good. I think there's a problem here, that this offense, while sound, is not breaking any new ground. I think part of this is that while you have to have a running game in today's NFL the passing game has steadily gained prominence. Unless you have a stellar running back like Tomlinson you're not going to be able to pound a decent defense. Even still, the Chargers have to spread it around to gates and their other young receivers. My point is, that, well - Much of this season (as I had expected) would rely much on the development of the receivers. In particular Brandon Lloyd. This hasn't worked out. If you think about it - If instead of Brandon Lloyd the Redskins signed a true dominant reciever, perhaps what they were hoping for in Lloyd, their offense would be about 20% - 30% better.....and they'd be 6-1 right now.

I'm afraid this offense must now be considered as bad. After gaining 98 at Miami, Portis has only passed 70 once. His average per carry for the last three games has been 3.2, 2.4 and 2.5. Betts has done nothing when he's in the game. Moss has only 250 yards for the season. I blame it mostly on the line injuries, but Moss has dropped a lot of passes. He's clearly not comfortable going over the middle. Cooley's production is way down because he needs to stay in pass protection. ARE is the only player on offense having a decent year, and its hardly a record breaker.

I'm afraid this offense must now be considered as bad. After gaining 98 at Miami, Portis has only passed 70 once. His average per carry for the last three games has been 3.2, 2.4 and 2.5. Betts has done nothing when he's in the game. Moss has only 250 yards for the season. I blame it mostly on the line injuries, but Moss has dropped a lot of passes. He's clearly not comfortable going over the middle. Cooley's production is way down because he needs to stay in pass protection. ARE is the only player on offense having a decent year, and its hardly a record breaker.

Archived