• 2000 . 24 . 11
  • 2001 . 28 . 28
  • 2002 . 25 . 19
  • 2003 . 22 . 23
  • 2004 . 31 . 30
  • 2005 . 13 . 11
  • 2006 . 20 . 14
  • 2007 . 25 . 30 (so far)

This is how we have ranked in the league in points and yards.

this is with Turner/Robiskie, Shottenheimer, Spurrier, Gibbs/Saunders

what gives? How can it be this bad continually?

On the flip side the teams that have consistently the top offenses during that span were the Colts, Pats, and Eagles....all of whom have had great QBs during that time.

During this era of parody, strong QB play is more important than it ever has been. Even the teams that have had just a couple of good offensive seasons have had their QBs perform well....Bengals, Giants (now), Cowboys (now), the Chargers and the Saints with Brees.

Our best offensive year in that span was when Brunell put up probowl numbers.

So maybe, the answer is simply the QB position...more than anything....and hopefully Campbell will become what we hope he can become.

I don't know....it could be many factors compounding on themselves year after year...mixed with bad luck, and the team not really having an identifying plan....but, it is still amazing how we could be so far down, as soon as the Norv Turner/Brad Johnson era ended...

uh.....thoughts?

• year . pts . yrds
  • 2000 . 24 . 11
  • 2001 . 28 . 28
  • 2002 . 25 . 19
  • 2003 . 22 . 23
  • 2004 . 31 . 30
  • 2005 . 13 . 11
  • 2006 . 20 . 14
  • 2007 . 25 . 30 (so far)

This is how we have ranked in the league in points and yards.

this is with Turner/Robiskie, Shottenheimer, Spurrier, Gibbs/Saunders

what gives? How can it be this bad continually?

On the flip side the teams that have consistently the top offenses during that span were the Colts, Pats, and Eagles....all of whom have had great QBs during that time.

During this era of parody, strong QB play is more important than it ever has been. Even the teams that have had just a couple of good offensive seasons have had their QBs perform well....Bengals, Giants (now), Cowboys (now), the Chargers and the Saints with Brees.

Our best offensive year in that span was when Brunell put up probowl numbers.

So maybe, the answer is simply the QB position...more than anything....and hopefully Campbell will become what we hope he can become.

I don't know....it could be many factors compounding on themselves year after year...mixed with bad luck, and the team not really having an identifying plan....but, it is still amazing how we could be so far down, as soon as the Norv Turner/Brad Johnson era ended...

uh.....thoughts?

We've sucked offensively for a loooooooooooong time.

I think JC may be the answer to all of this, however. He's dangerous downfield, and once our line gets healthy, our running game will improve along with the passing game.

Until then...25th in points scored. :(

We've sucked offensively for a loooooooooooong time.

I think JC may be the answer to all of this, however. He's dangerous downfield, and once our line gets healthy, our running game will improve along with the passing game.

Until then...25th in points scored. :(

uh.....thoughts?

Yes. I'm depressed.

Something has to give. I find it hard to believe we can produce so little with the guys we have. Open up the playbook, ditch the dink-and-dunk crap. Add some quick slants. Add some hitch and gos. Try a hurry up or no huddle offense. Just do something. Trotting out the same tired crap every week and expecting it to suddenly work is getting old. We can't play the Lions D every week.

uh.....thoughts?

Yes. I'm depressed.

Something has to give. I find it hard to believe we can produce so little with the guys we have. Open up the playbook, ditch the dink-and-dunk crap. Add some quick slants. Add some hitch and gos. Try a hurry up or no huddle offense. Just do something. Trotting out the same tired crap every week and expecting it to suddenly work is getting old. We can't play the Lions D every week.

Thats amazing we didn't have o-line problems those years did we. So like I have already said its not the o-line people. Its the coaching take off the Gibbs glasses and realize the real problem (COACHING).

Sorry, but the o-line directly effects the running game. If you have no running game, your offense falls apart. Especially when you're resting it all on a newbie QB.

Thats amazing we didn't have o-line problems those years did we. So like I have already said its not the o-line people. Its the coaching take off the Gibbs glasses and realize the real problem (COACHING).

Sorry, but the o-line directly effects the running game. If you have no running game, your offense falls apart. Especially when you're resting it all on a newbie QB.

I'm not surprise by this stat. In this era of the NFL you need a decent passing game to go along with the running game.You can't have a great running game and a so/so passing game. We have tried this formula for too long,The D's in this league are just too fast.

I'm not surprise by this stat. In this era of the NFL you need a decent passing game to go along with the running game.You can't have a great running game and a so/so passing game. We have tried this formula for too long,The D's in this league are just too fast.

open your eyes for 2 PROBLEMS.

1)This team has no QB. 2)This team has predictable playcalling.

The offensive line injuries simply give the blind a convenient excuse.

I agree. Seriously, people act like the current line made up of training dummies with helmets. We had a whole lot of garbage before '04, and they appeared to be about as good as our current crop. What's happening to the "talent" on the team? It's being squandered as far as I can see, and in other cases it just isn't there.

I agree. Seriously, people act like the current line made up of training dummies with helmets. We had a whole lot of garbage before '04, and they appeared to be about as good as our current crop. What's happening to the "talent" on the team? It's being squandered as far as I can see, and in other cases it just isn't there.

For all you Mark Brunell Haters out there...thats evidence (the guy helped us, we wouldnt of gone to the playoffs without him). Every year he is getting a year older and his time has passed, but the man is a redskin, and to bash him and blame our offences troubles last year on him is just unfair.

For all you Mark Brunell Haters out there...thats evidence (the guy helped us, we wouldnt of gone to the playoffs without him). Every year he is getting a year older and his time has passed, but the man is a redskin, and to bash him and blame our offences troubles last year on him is just unfair.

And yet, knowing that a bad o-line causes problems for a running game, the coaches refuse to give the qb more throws to increase his experience and confidence. It's much easier to pass block than to run block. Instead of getting nowhere running, we could be getting nowhere throwing it, and perhaps the young, inexperienced qb will get better, or not. If not, we'd know we needed a new one.

And yet, knowing that a bad o-line causes problems for a running game, the coaches refuse to give the qb more throws to increase his experience and confidence. It's much easier to pass block than to run block. Instead of getting nowhere running, we could be getting nowhere throwing it, and perhaps the young, inexperienced qb will get better, or not. If not, we'd know we needed a new one.

Look at the dolphins...they had Ronnie Brown and were running over every team they faced, but they are still 0-7. The run is sposed to compliment the pass.

Look at the dolphins...they had Ronnie Brown and were running over every team they faced, but they are still 0-7. The run is sposed to compliment the pass.

i don't know what we have in QB b/c the play calling is predictable and uncreative. who knows what we have in JC? i think he's played fine but anyone can throw short all day.

Archived