Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could this turn out to be a "Good Loss"???

awd_sr

I, like every Skins fan, have my own opinions and thoughts on yesterdays "game". For instance, I think we were outcoached, the Skins made no adjustments in key areas, such as leaving your FB (Sellers) to assist to block a speedy pass rusher (Vrabel) even after he got his first sack, or how, for the life of me, the Skins D never covers the RB out of the backfield, or the one that really got me, why they didnt cover Vrabel on that goal line play.

Either way, excuses/explanations aside, we can only hope that the players are as disgusted as we as fans are. Just what the doctor ordered: Jets are next in line. . .

So MAYBE this ***** wh!pp!n is exactly what we need, almost mid-way through the season, as a WAKE UP CALL! I think any of us would have taken 5-3 at the midway point during the offseason, meaning we would meet last seasons win total in half the time.

Reality check, to get the players hungry again in that locker room, and stop talking about how the Skins are "flying under the radar" or "not getting the respect they deserve".

Its almost like letting your little brother take that butt whipping on the street, then taking him home and showing him the ropes because after picking himself up off the blacktop, he has that hunger, that desire to actually fight back, which the skins seemed to lack yesterday.

one Loss fellow fans, just one loss...

I, like every Skins fan, have my own opinions and thoughts on yesterdays "game". For instance, I think we were outcoached, the Skins made no adjustments in key areas, such as leaving your FB (Sellers) to assist to block a speedy pass rusher (Vrabel) even after he got his first sack, or how, for the life of me, the Skins D never covers the RB out of the backfield, or the one that really got me, why they didnt cover Vrabel on that goal line play.

Either way, excuses/explanations aside, we can only hope that the players are as disgusted as we as fans are. Just what the doctor ordered: Jets are next in line. . .

So MAYBE this ***** wh!pp!n is exactly what we need, almost mid-way through the season, as a WAKE UP CALL! I think any of us would have taken 5-3 at the midway point during the offseason, meaning we would meet last seasons win total in half the time.

Reality check, to get the players hungry again in that locker room, and stop talking about how the Skins are "flying under the radar" or "not getting the respect they deserve".

Its almost like letting your little brother take that butt whipping on the street, then taking him home and showing him the ropes because after picking himself up off the blacktop, he has that hunger, that desire to actually fight back, which the skins seemed to lack yesterday.

one Loss fellow fans, just one loss...

I think this loss is a huge reality check, were not as good as we thought, I personally thought we had a chance at winning against the Pats, boy was I wrong

After losing to the Pats that badly, you have to wonder if we can even beat the damn Jets next week, we just played horribly!! Losing to the best team, okay fine, but losing in that manner!

I think this loss is a huge reality check, were not as good as we thought, I personally thought we had a chance at winning against the Pats, boy was I wrong

After losing to the Pats that badly, you have to wonder if we can even beat the damn Jets next week, we just played horribly!! Losing to the best team, okay fine, but losing in that manner!

Best case scenario is as it was before a Super Bowl appearance. Its 99% certain that the Pats will be in the Super Bowl. So, who would you rather play, a Pats team we beat looking to avenge a grudge or a Pats team so wrapped up in their undefeated season that they come out playing like they've already won while WE have something to prove? I would say we cannot beat the Pats twice in one season, but IF we make it that far, I'd much rather our 1 loss be out of the way than ahead of us.

Best case scenario is as it was before a Super Bowl appearance. Its 99% certain that the Pats will be in the Super Bowl. So, who would you rather play, a Pats team we beat looking to avenge a grudge or a Pats team so wrapped up in their undefeated season that they come out playing like they've already won while WE have something to prove? I would say we cannot beat the Pats twice in one season, but IF we make it that far, I'd much rather our 1 loss be out of the way than ahead of us.

you would like to believe that a loss like this will result in a 28-3 win over the Jets where the Redskins play a complete 60 minute game and make up for past sins.

but the reality is that since the Lions game the Redskins have been skating on thin ice.

you would like to believe that a loss like this will result in a 28-3 win over the Jets where the Redskins play a complete 60 minute game and make up for past sins.

but the reality is that since the Lions game the Redskins have been skating on thin ice.

I was just thinking about the 36-0 loss to the Giants in 2005. after that we went 6-3 (although the 3 losses were consecutive... shoulda have & could have won those 3 too).

considering our schedule I think we still will fall in the range of 9-11 wins. (wins: Jets, Bucs, Bills, Bears, Vikings...) we should also beat Philly at home, but now they have something to play for so who knows... we NEED to at least split with Dallas... and then get revenge on NY, but that game is in NY...

as big of an EGG as this team laid in NE i think we will surely bounce back in the weaker NFC.

I was just thinking about the 36-0 loss to the Giants in 2005. after that we went 6-3 (although the 3 losses were consecutive... shoulda have & could have won those 3 too).

considering our schedule I think we still will fall in the range of 9-11 wins. (wins: Jets, Bucs, Bills, Bears, Vikings...) we should also beat Philly at home, but now they have something to play for so who knows... we NEED to at least split with Dallas... and then get revenge on NY, but that game is in NY...

as big of an EGG as this team laid in NE i think we will surely bounce back in the weaker NFC.

thats true, considering our remaining schedule, the toughest games are the division games. We need to win the winable games, smash the ball down the other teams throat, and play up to our potential: something they did on that 5-game tear to get into the playoffs 2 years ago.

The Defense is still a top 3 NFC D, as long as the offense can convert on 3rd downs and keep them off the field. December will bring a healthy Randy Thomas, and hopefully whatever is bugging Moss will get better soon, and the reigns will be taken off the O...

thats true, considering our remaining schedule, the toughest games are the division games. We need to win the winable games, smash the ball down the other teams throat, and play up to our potential: something they did on that 5-game tear to get into the playoffs 2 years ago.

The Defense is still a top 3 NFC D, as long as the offense can convert on 3rd downs and keep them off the field. December will bring a healthy Randy Thomas, and hopefully whatever is bugging Moss will get better soon, and the reigns will be taken off the O...

It will fire them up, and that will help in NY this week. The main thing is: will it just be temporary, or can we really harness this to turn a corner, as we did in 2005. Injuries are hurting us, but it's time to step up. A loss this week, and it's pretty much over, given who we're playing. A win, and we're back pointed in the right direction, with MUCH work to do.

It will fire them up, and that will help in NY this week. The main thing is: will it just be temporary, or can we really harness this to turn a corner, as we did in 2005. Injuries are hurting us, but it's time to step up. A loss this week, and it's pretty much over, given who we're playing. A win, and we're back pointed in the right direction, with MUCH work to do.

Archived