Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell on 'running it up'

DEEZL

sounds like a veiled shot at the playcalling philosophy, if you ask me.

Yeah that's what I got from it too. I thought he was 'indirectly' saying that our coaches don't run off with a lead. All we do is sit on a 14 point lead and HOPE that that will be enough to win. Maybe he's upset with the playcalling. Hmmmmmmm.

sounds like a veiled shot at the playcalling philosophy, if you ask me.

Yeah that's what I got from it too. I thought he was 'indirectly' saying that our coaches don't run off with a lead. All we do is sit on a 14 point lead and HOPE that that will be enough to win. Maybe he's upset with the playcalling. Hmmmmmmm.

dude, the pats took 1 shot downfield after they were killing us. 1 shot. not 2, not 3, not multiple shots. 1 friggin shot, from the best current QB to the best current WR. and it worked as well.

its not classless to destroy a team. weve done it before, we did it in 05 to the 49ers. so what we didnt throw the ball, we just ran it down a teams throat that had no run defense. were a run first team, the pats are a throw first team. all they did was keep throwing dumpoffs. they were probably bored off their a**es to be playing us yesterday. they beat us harder than any other team theyve faced.

theyre not classless, theyre a dominating force of a football team, and all of us will remember this season for the rest of our lives.

One shot up 38-0 with your starting QB is still one shot too many.

2005 vs SF- being up 35-0, we did cool our jets. ALOT of runs, kneel downs and safe passes. Nothing to rub it in their faces.

3rd Quarter

TD Clinton Portis, 1 yd run (Nick Novak kick is good), 11:04. Drive: 1 plays, 3 yards in 0:23

FG Nick Novak, 27 yd field goal , 3:27. Drive: 9 plays, 50 yards in 5:28

4th Quarter

TD Rock Cartwright, 4 yd run (Nick Novak kick is good), 9:26. Drive: 6 plays, 51 yards in 3:36

FG Joe Nedney, 47 yd field goal , 4:35. Drive: 9 plays, 46 yards in 4:51

TD Frank Gore, 72 yd run (Joe Nedney kick is good), 2:00. Drive: 1 plays, 72 yards in 0:13

Play by play of all possessions in 2nd half.

.Nedney kicks 67 yards from SF 30 to WAS 3. R.Cartwright to WAS 25 for 22 yards (J.Thornburg).

1-10-WAS 25 (14:54) C.Portis right tackle to WAS 31 for 6 yards (M.Douglas). PENALTY on WAS-D.Dockery, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at WAS 25 - No Play.

1-20-WAS 15 (14:25) C.Portis right end to WAS 25 for 10 yards (A.Adams).

2-10-WAS 25 (13:47) (Shotgun) M.Brunell pass incomplete to C.Cooley.

3-10-WAS 25 (13:40) (Shotgun) M.Brunell pass incomplete to D.Patten.

4-10-WAS 25 (13:35) D.Frost punts 51 yards to SF 24, Center-E.Albright, downed by WAS-M.Bowen.

11:36) (Shotgun) A.Smith pass intended for B.Lloyd INTERCEPTED by S.Taylor at SF 35. S.Taylor to SF 3 for 32 yards (B.Lloyd).

Washington Redskins at 11:27

1-3-SF 3 (11:27) C.Portis left guard to SF 2 for 1 yard (M.Douglas). PENALTY on SF-A.Adams, Defensive Holding, 2 yards, enforced at SF 3 - No Play.

1-1-SF 1 (11:08) C.Portis left end for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

N.Novak extra point is GOOD, Center-E.Albright, Holder-D.Frost.

1-10-WAS 41 (8:55) C.Portis left end to WAS 45 for 4 yards (D.Smith).

2-6-WAS 45 (8:15) C.Portis right end to SF 47 for 8 yards (M.Douglas).

1-10-SF 47 (7:30) C.Portis right end to SF 32 for 15 yards (M.Adams).

1-10-SF 32 (6:45) L.Betts left end to SF 30 for 2 yards (J.Peterson).

2-8-SF 30 (6:00) L.Betts left end to SF 16 for 14 yards (S.Spencer).

1-10-SF 16 (5:20) L.Betts left guard to SF 14 for 2 yards (T.Hall).

2-8-SF 14 (4:39) L.Betts right tackle to SF 15 for -1 yards (I.Sopoaga). PENALTY on WAS-C.Rabach, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at SF 14 - No Play.

2-18-SF 24 (4:19) (Shotgun) M.Brunell pass to S.Moss to SF 9 for 15 yards (M.Adams).

3-3-SF 9 (3:34) M.Brunell pass incomplete to S.Moss.

4-3-SF 9 (3:30) N.Novak 27 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-E.Albright, Holder-D.Frost.

1-10-WAS 38 (1:09) L.Betts right tackle to WAS 40 for 2 yards (B.Moore).

2-8-WAS 40 (:28) L.Betts right guard to WAS 47 for 7 yards (B.Moore).

END QUARTER 3

Washington Redskins continues ...

3-1-WAS 47 (15:00) L.Betts right tackle to WAS 47 for no gain (T.Hall).

4-1-WAS 47 (14:39) D.Frost punts 35 yards to SF 18, Center-E.Albright. R.Marshall to SF 18 for no gain (J.Thrash).

1-10-WAS 49 (13:02) L.Betts right end to SF 41 for 10 yards (M.Adams).

1-10-SF 41 (12:25) L.Betts right end to SF 32 for 9 yards (B.Moore).

2-1-SF 32 (11:39) R.Cartwright left guard to SF 31 for 1 yard (M.Douglas).

1-10-SF 31 (10:57) R.Cartwright up the middle to SF 26 for 5 yards (M.Douglas).

2-5-SF 26 (10:17) L.Betts left end to SF 4 for 22 yards (S.Spencer, M.Adams).

1-4-SF 4 (9:30) R.Cartwright right tackle for 4 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

J.Nedney kicks 66 yards from SF 30 to WAS 4. R.Cartwright to WAS 29 for 25 yards (J.Thornburg).

1-10-WAS 29 (4:35) PENALTY on WAS, Illegal Substitution, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 29 - No Play.

1-15-WAS 24 (4:29) R.Cartwright left guard to WAS 28 for 4 yards (A.Carter).

2-11-WAS 28 (3:49) P.Ramsey pass to B.Kozlowski to WAS 36 for 8 yards (S.Spencer, J.Maxwell).

3-3-WAS 36 (3:11) R.Cartwright up the middle to WAS 36 for no gain (I.Sopoaga).

Timeout #1 by WAS at 02:24.

4-3-WAS 36 (2:24) D.Frost punts 48 yards to SF 16, Center-E.Albright. R.Marshall to SF 28 for 12 yards (O.Stoutmire; L.Marshall).

.Nedney kicks 53 yards from SF 30 to WAS 17. R.Cartwright to WAS 34 for 17 yards (K.Lewis).

1-10-WAS 34 (1:54) P.Ramsey kneels to WAS 33 for -1 yards.

2-11-WAS 33 (1:12) P.Ramsey kneels to WAS 32 for -1 yards.

3-12-WAS 32 (:32) P.Ramsey kneels to WAS 31 for -1 yards.

END GAME

dude, the pats took 1 shot downfield after they were killing us. 1 shot. not 2, not 3, not multiple shots. 1 friggin shot, from the best current QB to the best current WR. and it worked as well.

its not classless to destroy a team. weve done it before, we did it in 05 to the 49ers. so what we didnt throw the ball, we just ran it down a teams throat that had no run defense. were a run first team, the pats are a throw first team. all they did was keep throwing dumpoffs. they were probably bored off their a**es to be playing us yesterday. they beat us harder than any other team theyve faced.

theyre not classless, theyre a dominating force of a football team, and all of us will remember this season for the rest of our lives.

One shot up 38-0 with your starting QB is still one shot too many.

2005 vs SF- being up 35-0, we did cool our jets. ALOT of runs, kneel downs and safe passes. Nothing to rub it in their faces.

3rd Quarter

TD Clinton Portis, 1 yd run (Nick Novak kick is good), 11:04. Drive: 1 plays, 3 yards in 0:23

FG Nick Novak, 27 yd field goal , 3:27. Drive: 9 plays, 50 yards in 5:28

4th Quarter

TD Rock Cartwright, 4 yd run (Nick Novak kick is good), 9:26. Drive: 6 plays, 51 yards in 3:36

FG Joe Nedney, 47 yd field goal , 4:35. Drive: 9 plays, 46 yards in 4:51

TD Frank Gore, 72 yd run (Joe Nedney kick is good), 2:00. Drive: 1 plays, 72 yards in 0:13

Play by play of all possessions in 2nd half.

.Nedney kicks 67 yards from SF 30 to WAS 3. R.Cartwright to WAS 25 for 22 yards (J.Thornburg).

1-10-WAS 25 (14:54) C.Portis right tackle to WAS 31 for 6 yards (M.Douglas). PENALTY on WAS-D.Dockery, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at WAS 25 - No Play.

1-20-WAS 15 (14:25) C.Portis right end to WAS 25 for 10 yards (A.Adams).

2-10-WAS 25 (13:47) (Shotgun) M.Brunell pass incomplete to C.Cooley.

3-10-WAS 25 (13:40) (Shotgun) M.Brunell pass incomplete to D.Patten.

4-10-WAS 25 (13:35) D.Frost punts 51 yards to SF 24, Center-E.Albright, downed by WAS-M.Bowen.

11:36) (Shotgun) A.Smith pass intended for B.Lloyd INTERCEPTED by S.Taylor at SF 35. S.Taylor to SF 3 for 32 yards (B.Lloyd).

Washington Redskins at 11:27

1-3-SF 3 (11:27) C.Portis left guard to SF 2 for 1 yard (M.Douglas). PENALTY on SF-A.Adams, Defensive Holding, 2 yards, enforced at SF 3 - No Play.

1-1-SF 1 (11:08) C.Portis left end for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

1-10-WAS 41 (8:55) C.Portis left end to WAS 45 for 4 yards (D.Smith).

2-6-WAS 45 (8:15) C.Portis right end to SF 47 for 8 yards (M.Douglas).

1-10-SF 47 (7:30) C.Portis right end to SF 32 for 15 yards (M.Adams).

1-10-SF 32 (6:45) L.Betts left end to SF 30 for 2 yards (J.Peterson).

2-8-SF 30 (6:00) L.Betts left end to SF 16 for 14 yards (S.Spencer).

1-10-SF 16 (5:20) L.Betts left guard to SF 14 for 2 yards (T.Hall).

2-8-SF 14 (4:39) L.Betts right tackle to SF 15 for -1 yards (I.Sopoaga). PENALTY on WAS-C.Rabach, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at SF 14 - No Play.

2-18-SF 24 (4:19) (Shotgun) M.Brunell pass to S.Moss to SF 9 for 15 yards (M.Adams).

3-3-SF 9 (3:34) M.Brunell pass incomplete to S.Moss.

4-3-SF 9 (3:30) N.Novak 27 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-E.Albright, Holder-D.Frost.

1-10-WAS 38 (1:09) L.Betts right tackle to WAS 40 for 2 yards (B.Moore).

2-8-WAS 40 (:28) L.Betts right guard to WAS 47 for 7 yards (B.Moore).

END QUARTER 3

Washington Redskins continues ...

3-1-WAS 47 (15:00) L.Betts right tackle to WAS 47 for no gain (T.Hall).

4-1-WAS 47 (14:39) D.Frost punts 35 yards to SF 18, Center-E.Albright. R.Marshall to SF 18 for no gain (J.Thrash).

1-10-WAS 49 (13:02) L.Betts right end to SF 41 for 10 yards (M.Adams).

1-10-SF 41 (12:25) L.Betts right end to SF 32 for 9 yards (B.Moore).

2-1-SF 32 (11:39) R.Cartwright left guard to SF 31 for 1 yard (M.Douglas).

1-10-SF 31 (10:57) R.Cartwright up the middle to SF 26 for 5 yards (M.Douglas).

2-5-SF 26 (10:17) L.Betts left end to SF 4 for 22 yards (S.Spencer, M.Adams).

1-4-SF 4 (9:30) R.Cartwright right tackle for 4 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

J.Nedney kicks 66 yards from SF 30 to WAS 4. R.Cartwright to WAS 29 for 25 yards (J.Thornburg).

1-10-WAS 29 (4:35) PENALTY on WAS, Illegal Substitution, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 29 - No Play.

1-15-WAS 24 (4:29) R.Cartwright left guard to WAS 28 for 4 yards (A.Carter).

2-11-WAS 28 (3:49) P.Ramsey pass to B.Kozlowski to WAS 36 for 8 yards (S.Spencer, J.Maxwell).

3-3-WAS 36 (3:11) R.Cartwright up the middle to WAS 36 for no gain (I.Sopoaga).

Timeout #1 by WAS at 02:24.

4-3-WAS 36 (2:24) D.Frost punts 48 yards to SF 16, Center-E.Albright. R.Marshall to SF 28 for 12 yards (O.Stoutmire; L.Marshall).

.Nedney kicks 53 yards from SF 30 to WAS 17. R.Cartwright to WAS 34 for 17 yards (K.Lewis).

1-10-WAS 34 (1:54) P.Ramsey kneels to WAS 33 for -1 yards.

2-11-WAS 33 (1:12) P.Ramsey kneels to WAS 32 for -1 yards.

3-12-WAS 32 (:32) P.Ramsey kneels to WAS 31 for -1 yards.

END GAME

JC ought to quit talking, and start playing. Mind you, we traded 2 first rounders for him.

The philosophy is simple ... when you can score, score. The Skins can't score. No point calling out someone who can ... "Sour grapes"! The NFL is all about scoring. Why wouldn't you. If we had scored just one more touchdown against the NY Giants we would have won the game.

JC ought to quit talking, and start playing. Mind you, we traded 2 first rounders for him.

The philosophy is simple ... when you can score, score. The Skins can't score. No point calling out someone who can ... "Sour grapes"! The NFL is all about scoring. Why wouldn't you. If we had scored just one more touchdown against the NY Giants we would have won the game.

pj, i understand that we just ran, but thats all we do anyways even when were not up billions of points.

skins = run first

pats = pass first

all the pats did was run their usual offense, aside from the one big throw. they just dont run the ball a lot. all they did was throw dump offs for 5-6 yards a click and we couldnt stop it. a pass dump off for 6 yards is the same as a run dump off for 6 yards. both drain the clock, and both move the chains.

we should be more concerned that we got completely murdered yesterday, and less concerned about how "classy" new england is.

pj, i understand that we just ran, but thats all we do anyways even when were not up billions of points.

skins = run first

pats = pass first

all the pats did was run their usual offense, aside from the one big throw. they just dont run the ball a lot. all they did was throw dump offs for 5-6 yards a click and we couldnt stop it. a pass dump off for 6 yards is the same as a run dump off for 6 yards. both drain the clock, and both move the chains.

we should be more concerned that we got completely murdered yesterday, and less concerned about how "classy" new england is.

"Jason Campbell said that when the Redskins have a big lead, the team's approach is to back off. "That's just what we do," he said. "Their motto might be different. They might have a different approach in the way they do it."

i have a couple of problems with this. 1st, since when - on a jason cambell-led redskin team, have we had a 'big lead'? maybe once with detroit? is this a regular occurance that i'm not aware of?

2nd, is this the correct approach? shouldn't the skins have a more 'stake through the heart' mentality similar to that of the patriots? i'm not saying they should go for it on 4th down with a 38 pt lead, but have that 'lets put this team away' mentality that the patriots seem to have.

if jason is referring to a 14pt lead as a 'big lead', then i guess he's right. the problem is, in this modern nfl game, 14pts ain't jack squat.

How about we let off even when our lead is 7 points going into that half, yeah, this team knows about laying it off at the end.

"Jason Campbell said that when the Redskins have a big lead, the team's approach is to back off. "That's just what we do," he said. "Their motto might be different. They might have a different approach in the way they do it."

i have a couple of problems with this. 1st, since when - on a jason cambell-led redskin team, have we had a 'big lead'? maybe once with detroit? is this a regular occurance that i'm not aware of?

2nd, is this the correct approach? shouldn't the skins have a more 'stake through the heart' mentality similar to that of the patriots? i'm not saying they should go for it on 4th down with a 38 pt lead, but have that 'lets put this team away' mentality that the patriots seem to have.

if jason is referring to a 14pt lead as a 'big lead', then i guess he's right. the problem is, in this modern nfl game, 14pts ain't jack squat.

How about we let off even when our lead is 7 points going into that half, yeah, this team knows about laying it off at the end.

skins = run first

pats = pass first

BLC, I understand what you're saying.

But really, c'mon man, can you really, HONESTLY spin-doctor that fourth-down 38-0 call as anything but an attempt to run up the score?

skins = run first

pats = pass first

But really, c'mon man, can you really, HONESTLY spin-doctor that fourth-down 38-0 call as anything but an attempt to run up the score?

i forget which 4th down youre talking about but both were really short if i remember.

i think belichick thought our defense was so bad, that he just wanted his offense to stay out there and keep draining the clock as long as he could. why even give us a shot to heave the ball around? i think he knew he could convert any down he wanted and just wanted to keep our O off the field. and he did plain and simple.

and honestly, im not sure he was even trying to run the score up. when every pass is completed for 6-8 yards with no defenders even near your guys, youre gonna end up in the endzone eventually!

i forget which 4th down youre talking about but both were really short if i remember.

i think belichick thought our defense was so bad, that he just wanted his offense to stay out there and keep draining the clock as long as he could. why even give us a shot to heave the ball around? i think he knew he could convert any down he wanted and just wanted to keep our O off the field. and he did plain and simple.

and honestly, im not sure he was even trying to run the score up. when every pass is completed for 6-8 yards with no defenders even near your guys, youre gonna end up in the endzone eventually!

Y'all are reading into this waaaaaay too much. 14-17 pts leads are not big leads. 38 points is.

how many points did detroit score in the 4th to beat chicago? 34 points!

its not the norm but as long as the clock is running and you have the ball effectively. it doesn't have to be our best plays, we could try some new stuff out or work in some backups. the pats did all that and STILL scored! :laugh:

plus "running up the score" builds confidence and swagger in your players.

Y'all are reading into this waaaaaay too much. 14-17 pts leads are not big leads. 38 points is.

how many points did detroit score in the 4th to beat chicago? 34 points!

its not the norm but as long as the clock is running and you have the ball effectively. it doesn't have to be our best plays, we could try some new stuff out or work in some backups. the pats did all that and STILL scored! :laugh:

plus "running up the score" builds confidence and swagger in your players.

i don't think they cared about the score. they want to be a 60minute football team so they try to maintain that intensity for 4 quarters. the game turned to practice for them.

if we hated it so much, GW should have blitzed. it looked like to me that the REDSKINS thought they were the ones up dealing a shutout. there was NO change in gameplan once the game got out of control. that made no sense and shows that the coaches have very little confidence in the players.

Archived