Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do YOU pick as our next coach...GREGG WILLIAMS?

GO GO SKINS

GM Scott Pioli

HC Ron Rivera

OC Scott Linehan

DC Jerry Gray

Young and up-to-speed. Pioli will finally leave the Pats after a 4th Super Bowl and land us guys like Mankins, Wilfork, and Warren. Ron Rivera is strong leader who knows what it takes to win in the NFL. Ron and Jerry will work on an aggressive defensive scheme where we force turnovers like the Bears. Linehan does an excellent job of simplifying the offense for his QB. That is why he was so successful in Minnesota with Culpepper and I think that would really help Campbell here. He has struggled in St. Louis as a HC, but he is a good young (44) OC who knows what is up in today's NFL. The HC experience could help RIvera to adjust.

I would hire Ray Brown to be my OLine coach, keep Olivadotti, Lazor, and Byner. I would also talk to Troy Vincent about coaching the DBs and I would get a young fiery guy to coach the DL.

This coaching staff is young and knows what it is doing. I believe the key is Rivera's strength as a person. A former Super Bowl winer as a player who has gotten there as a coach with an aggressive philosophy, he knows what it takes to win in today's NFL. Pioli would get us the DL help we need up front as he is a great judge of DL talent (ie WIlfork, Seymour, Warren). Restock the offense with better skill players and add to that DL guys who get pressure and we will be fine.

LOL Oh yeah and get an Asian coach (a Samoan counts) as a defensive assistant and we will America's Team. :laugh:

GM Scott Pioli

HC Ron Rivera

OC Scott Linehan

DC Jerry Gray

Young and up-to-speed. Pioli will finally leave the Pats after a 4th Super Bowl and land us guys like Mankins, Wilfork, and Warren. Ron Rivera is strong leader who knows what it takes to win in the NFL. Ron and Jerry will work on an aggressive defensive scheme where we force turnovers like the Bears. Linehan does an excellent job of simplifying the offense for his QB. That is why he was so successful in Minnesota with Culpepper and I think that would really help Campbell here. He has struggled in St. Louis as a HC, but he is a good young (44) OC who knows what is up in today's NFL. The HC experience could help RIvera to adjust.

I would hire Ray Brown to be my OLine coach, keep Olivadotti, Lazor, and Byner. I would also talk to Troy Vincent about coaching the DBs and I would get a young fiery guy to coach the DL.

This coaching staff is young and knows what it is doing. I believe the key is Rivera's strength as a person. A former Super Bowl winer as a player who has gotten there as a coach with an aggressive philosophy, he knows what it takes to win in today's NFL. Pioli would get us the DL help we need up front as he is a great judge of DL talent (ie WIlfork, Seymour, Warren). Restock the offense with better skill players and add to that DL guys who get pressure and we will be fine.

LOL Oh yeah and get an Asian coach (a Samoan counts) as a defensive assistant and we will America's Team. :laugh:

Time to go young:

HC: Jerry Gray

OC: Bill Lazor

DC: Alan Williams' date=' Colts

*Strength and Conditioning Coach: Mike Woicik, Patriots, he might be more responsible for their superbowls than Belichick

*not so young[/quote']

I'm not sure Lazor has the experience yet to be an OC but we should definitely retain him and Olivadotti for whatever staff comes next.

Time to go young:

HC: Jerry Gray

OC: Bill Lazor

DC: Alan Williams' date=' Colts

*Strength and Conditioning Coach: Mike Woicik, Patriots, he might be more responsible for their superbowls than Belichick

*not so young[/quote']

I'm not sure Lazor has the experience yet to be an OC but we should definitely retain him and Olivadotti for whatever staff comes next.

Some have said Beathard and that might not be a bad idea or it could just turn into another Beathard II similar to Gibbs II. And would he even consider working for Snyder?

Most DCs recently haven't made very good head coaches. Marvin Lewis, Rhodes and our own Greg Williams come to mind. The only two real successes have been Bellyache and Dungy and guess what? They have Manning and Brady!

I don't really want Cowher. If you think our offense is conservative now we'd be going back to the Stone Age with him. My own personal favorite would be Russ Grimm.

Some have said Beathard and that might not be a bad idea or it could just turn into another Beathard II similar to Gibbs II. And would he even consider working for Snyder?

Most DCs recently haven't made very good head coaches. Marvin Lewis, Rhodes and our own Greg Williams come to mind. The only two real successes have been Bellyache and Dungy and guess what? They have Manning and Brady!

I don't really want Cowher. If you think our offense is conservative now we'd be going back to the Stone Age with him. My own personal favorite would be Russ Grimm.

Your arguments are flawed. Defensive assistants coach with more passion than offensive coaches. Lewis has been a success. He has gotten what was once a total joke of a franchise to the playoffs. Besides Dungy and Belichek, guys who come to mind who have been successes are Lovie Smith and Mike Tomlin.

Beathard would indeed suck. I don't want him here. Go pay Pioli. Right now he is VP of something or another with the Pats. Pay him a boatload to GM here.

Your arguments are flawed. Defensive assistants coach with more passion than offensive coaches. Lewis has been a success. He has gotten what was once a total joke of a franchise to the playoffs. Besides Dungy and Belichek, guys who come to mind who have been successes are Lovie Smith and Mike Tomlin.

Beathard would indeed suck. I don't want him here. Go pay Pioli. Right now he is VP of something or another with the Pats. Pay him a boatload to GM here.

A young offensive oriented coach who would open up this offense, I am not against Redskins football -- run it down the gut and wear out the opposing defense (as long as it works)-- I know i DO want points on the board which usually results in "Wins" something this team definitely needs more of. I've seen redskins settle far to much for fieldgoals in the redzone, i want TDS! I do agree that we need a GM who would take more control over our personel issues, we throw away far too many draft picks for over the hill veterans who get paided way too much IMO. I am not against veterans but you need a mix of both young & old to win games & compete with teams in this league.

A young offensive oriented coach who would open up this offense, I am not against Redskins football -- run it down the gut and wear out the opposing defense (as long as it works)-- I know i DO want points on the board which usually results in "Wins" something this team definitely needs more of. I've seen redskins settle far to much for fieldgoals in the redzone, i want TDS! I do agree that we need a GM who would take more control over our personel issues, we throw away far too many draft picks for over the hill veterans who get paided way too much IMO. I am not against veterans but you need a mix of both young & old to win games & compete with teams in this league.

I was about to name Olivadotti as my DC, but then I saw how miserably his father did at the same position for the Dolphins. It sounds ridiculous, I know, but if his father faltered during crucial situations, I'd imagine the apple wouldn't fall too far from the tree. As for Lazor, the guy is pretty damn smart. He has moved up very quickly in his brief coaching career, and I think there is a reason for it. Say what you will about Jason Campbell, but he almost always makes the right read. That's his most impressive trait and I'd imagine a lot of that is coaching. QB coaches have a long history of being prolific OCs, take Josh McDaniels, Mike Holmgren, Mike Martz, or Jason Garrett for example.

Archived