Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What a Win in New England Could Mean for the Redskins

2006Skins

This is the kind of game that could define not only a season, but the next decade. Think about it for a second.

The skins have already been rattled with injuries and the media has been dumping on the skins for the last week. But with no one giving the skins any chance, with our team struggling to put up some points and the defense carrying us, I truly believe with an upset win, the Redskins could use this to start the dynasty we have been craving since JGII has started.

Yes, I said the D word.

I don't want to jinx anything, but with a win, this momentum could carry us for the rest of the season and into the playoffs. This could give us the recognition that is deserved in Washington and could be the kind of confidence boost that is needed on the offensive side of the ball.

Here's to 'Shocking the World' (As Larry said) and 5-2! :cheers:

HAIL

This is the kind of game that could define not only a season, but the next decade. Think about it for a second.

The skins have already been rattled with injuries and the media has been dumping on the skins for the last week. But with no one giving the skins any chance, with our team struggling to put up some points and the defense carrying us, I truly believe with an upset win, the Redskins could use this to start the dynasty we have been craving since JGII has started.

Yes, I said the D word.

I don't want to jinx anything, but with a win, this momentum could carry us for the rest of the season and into the playoffs. This could give us the recognition that is deserved in Washington and could be the kind of confidence boost that is needed on the offensive side of the ball.

Here's to 'Shocking the World' (As Larry said) and 5-2! :cheers:

HAIL

I know it's premature to say Dynasty. But we have all the elements. I think we just need to get some momentum going.

You're welcomed to the B&G koolaid I'm having :koolaid:

We may have the elements but so do a lot of other teams. I don't want to hear the word dynasty untill we WIN at least two superbowls. 1 Playoff trip in 6 years is far from a dynasty.

Although I do agree with the concept of if you want to be the best you have to beat the best. This game is good for national media attention but that's about it. If we win, then the Patriots lost, if we lose, the Patriots won, either way we aren't getting credt. I'll be happy with going out and getting a W to go 5-2, I couldn't care less about the AFC untill we see them in February.

I know it's premature to say Dynasty. But we have all the elements. I think we just need to get some momentum going.

You're welcomed to the B&G koolaid I'm having :koolaid:

We may have the elements but so do a lot of other teams. I don't want to hear the word dynasty untill we WIN at least two superbowls. 1 Playoff trip in 6 years is far from a dynasty.

Although I do agree with the concept of if you want to be the best you have to beat the best. This game is good for national media attention but that's about it. If we win, then the Patriots lost, if we lose, the Patriots won, either way we aren't getting credt. I'll be happy with going out and getting a W to go 5-2, I couldn't care less about the AFC untill we see them in February.

If we win, I cannot see how we wouldn't make the playoffs. After this is the god awful Jets, then a home game vs. Philly. Both of which would be wins if we beat NE because we'd finally see that the only way to win is to put a team away ASAP. That's the problem with the Wizards. They have a big run in the 2nd qrtr but fade in the 3rd. Then we have to hope Arenas hits the game winner.....

If we win, I cannot see how we wouldn't make the playoffs. After this is the god awful Jets, then a home game vs. Philly. Both of which would be wins if we beat NE because we'd finally see that the only way to win is to put a team away ASAP. That's the problem with the Wizards. They have a big run in the 2nd qrtr but fade in the 3rd. Then we have to hope Arenas hits the game winner.....

a win will be the downfall of the redskins........they will lose games to the likes of the Jets and the Bills and not know why. The last thing we need is for this team to get ****y...But I still want them to win. Truthfully i would like to see them behave the way they are behaving for every team not just new england....perhaps they wouldn't struggle with lesser teams if they approached them in the same manner they are approaching new england.

a win will be the downfall of the redskins........they will lose games to the likes of the Jets and the Bills and not know why. The last thing we need is for this team to get ****y...But I still want them to win. Truthfully i would like to see them behave the way they are behaving for every team not just new england....perhaps they wouldn't struggle with lesser teams if they approached them in the same manner they are approaching new england.

We would be the only team that would have beaten the Patriots.

Not many teams have what it takes to create a dynasty. It takes a lot of things going your way. Good young talent. Stable organization (JG has built this) and the ability to consistently succeed; especially when no one thinks you will.

We have the first two.

We would be the only team that would have beaten the Patriots.

Not many teams have what it takes to create a dynasty. It takes a lot of things going your way. Good young talent. Stable organization (JG has built this) and the ability to consistently succeed; especially when no one thinks you will.

We have the first two.

:applause: I love the Wiz reference. It goes further, too, because half of the team sucks (as in, the defense sucks for the Wiz, and the offense sucks for the Skins). Why can't we just have a good whole team?!?

:applause: I love the Wiz reference. It goes further, too, because half of the team sucks (as in, the defense sucks for the Wiz, and the offense sucks for the Skins). Why can't we just have a good whole team?!?

Where did that come from? We all want to see the same preparation for each team, but realistically we're facing a 7-0 team. Downfall? I'm not saying it's out of the question, but the glass is half full too sometimes ;)

Where did that come from? We all want to see the same preparation for each team, but realistically we're facing a 7-0 team. Downfall? I'm not saying it's out of the question, but the glass is half full too sometimes ;)

Dynasty? WOW.

Lets win 2 playoff games in a year or go back to back playoffs. Right now our coach is under .500

There is no sex in the champagne room. Don't kid yourself.

Thanks Mr. Rock. I appreciate that word of advice... :laugh:

It's not champagne, it's the koolaid. :cool:

I thought I would bring a positive thread in the mix of the "Redskins will get killed" threads.

HTTR

Dynasty? WOW.

Lets win 2 playoff games in a year or go back to back playoffs. Right now our coach is under .500

There is no sex in the champagne room. Don't kid yourself.

Thanks Mr. Rock. I appreciate that word of advice... :laugh:

It's not champagne, it's the koolaid. :cool:

I thought I would bring a positive thread in the mix of the "Redskins will get killed" threads.

HTTR

Archived