Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't Look for things to Change if GW Takes Over

Heisenberg

The main problem with Gibbs is that he has too much on his plate. I mean look at Bill Belichick...while I don't like the guy personally, the dude lives and breathes football. Gibbs is too proccupied by other things to do football all the time. Thats why we arent the best team in the NFL.

The main problem with Gibbs is that he has too much on his plate. I mean look at Bill Belichick...while I don't like the guy personally, the dude lives and breathes football. Gibbs is too proccupied by other things to do football all the time. Thats why we arent the best team in the NFL.

hopefully not!
Are you serious, or just stupid??? AS's sytem has been proven to be one of the best in the league. With our depleted offense due to injury, it is hard for him to show it now; however, imagine what JC will look like in another year or two staying in Al's system.

hopefully not!
Are you serious, or just stupid??? AS's sytem has been proven to be one of the best in the league. With our depleted offense due to injury, it is hard for him to show it now; however, imagine what JC will look like in another year or two staying in Al's system.

however, imagine what JC will look like in another year or two staying in Al's system.

Hopefully better then I think he looks right now. How many wide open receivers is he going to overthrow this year? He's made a lot of bad plays and I don't buy it that he's a rookie or that he's been hurried. There are times when no one is around him and he's starring at a wide open man and throws the ball 5 feet over his head. He needs to calm down out there and play smart if hes a real NFL QB or just another backup

however, imagine what JC will look like in another year or two staying in Al's system.

Hopefully better then I think he looks right now. How many wide open receivers is he going to overthrow this year? He's made a lot of bad plays and I don't buy it that he's a rookie or that he's been hurried. There are times when no one is around him and he's starring at a wide open man and throws the ball 5 feet over his head. He needs to calm down out there and play smart if hes a real NFL QB or just another backup

well said.

Does anybody (under the age of 30) realize that during the Redskins decade of dominance (1981-1992), Joe Gibbs' Redskins were outscoring teams with big plays? The numbers that I found for 1991 are: 236 scored to 116 allowed against teams with winning records. Also in 1991, half of Mark Rypien's touchdown passes were 25 yards or longer.

And just the other day I heard a caller on 980 say something to the effect of ‘Joe Gibbs is relying on Gregg Williams, just like he did with Pettibone.' WHAT?!

Current; that offense was wide-freakin'-open against Detroit and also against Green Bay but in GB nobody could catch any of Jason's perfectly thrown passes.

Gibbs would rather win like he did when he won him multiple super bowls, but it's all about having the right personnel.

Look at some of the videos from the end of last year or during the 5 in a row streak in 2005. The punishing run blocking—especially on pulling plays by Randy Thomas and Jon Jansen. Tell me we aren't missing that in a huge way right now. The B. Mitchell argument that they are all NFL players is a bogus one. Ask Baltimore how it felt to lose multiple starting linemen this season.

Okay, I'm cool now.:cheers:

well said.

Does anybody (under the age of 30) realize that during the Redskins decade of dominance (1981-1992), Joe Gibbs' Redskins were outscoring teams with big plays? The numbers that I found for 1991 are: 236 scored to 116 allowed against teams with winning records. Also in 1991, half of Mark Rypien's touchdown passes were 25 yards or longer.

And just the other day I heard a caller on 980 say something to the effect of ‘Joe Gibbs is relying on Gregg Williams, just like he did with Pettibone.' WHAT?!

Current; that offense was wide-freakin'-open against Detroit and also against Green Bay but in GB nobody could catch any of Jason's perfectly thrown passes.

Gibbs would rather win like he did when he won him multiple super bowls, but it's all about having the right personnel.

Look at some of the videos from the end of last year or during the 5 in a row streak in 2005. The punishing run blocking—especially on pulling plays by Randy Thomas and Jon Jansen. Tell me we aren't missing that in a huge way right now. The B. Mitchell argument that they are all NFL players is a bogus one. Ask Baltimore how it felt to lose multiple starting linemen this season.

Okay, I'm cool now.:cheers:

Archived